Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

would you buy a 360 with 25k+miles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Gsxryder415 is on a distinguished road
absolutely I would buy it if the price is right

Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 AM
D-Gunz_94123 is an unknown quantity at this point
50k rebuild

Originally Posted by MamoVaka
Ponyboy, the responses are abrupt and direct because the comments made are so ridiculous they do not need to be justified..

Does any adult here believe that the engine on a modern ferrari only lasts 50k miles? wouldn't there be thousands of class action lawsuits over something like this? It's proposterous, that is why you are not seeing detailed long explanations..

There are many high mileage modena's out there.. the reason there are far more high mileage corvettes is simple.. corvettes cost 50k.. modenas when new cost over 200k (add the above sticker price most sold for).. the people that buy these cars usually have at least another car and work for a living.. they do not have the time to put that many miles gallavanting about in the ferrari.. Let me tell you I try to focus on my businesses and still try to drive the ferrari 3-4 times a week and I still will only put 4-6k miles a year on her.. It's hard to make time for it..

Also the modena is less suited as a daily driver than say a TT 997 porsche.. it's just a bit more difficult to use day to day.. (lower ride height.. more rigid)

There are a million reasons why you do not see many high mileage modena's and none of them have to do with engine failures.. You can use this argument to cover all exotic cars, does lamborghini, aston martin, pagani, mclaren, lotus all make cars with engines that blow at 50k miles? beause I do not see many 50k mile examples of those cars up for sale..

rubbish
As a QP owner '09 I go to my local indy Ferrari shop frequently since its my daily driver and we "share" the work when **** breaks since I can only do so much myself.

When I was there in August 2016, there were 2 x F360 Modena's which both needing rebuilt engines. Both had less than 70k miles. One car I believe was "raced" at our local infineon raceway, and I forgot the story on the other, but i know it wasn't raced. My boy John who is a master Ferrari mechanic told me that most 360's weren't built for longevity and he has seen a lot of cars needing rebuilds (especially track cars).

My QP s engine has 67,000 miles and runs as strong as the day I got her with 20,000 miles, so I have respect for the F430 (f136) based engines.

cheers!

Old 08-29-2023, 09:32 AM
WAWII is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MamoVaka
I second that.. where do people come up with this?

I'd like to know the name of the moron in Dallas who told you this.
Agreed! Furthermore, even if this was said by a dealer, is it possible that he had a bit of a conflict of interest as they have incentive to sell newer (more expensive) models? Just look at the chat boards in Europe. Not nearly as many garage queens and a lot of cars with 50,000+ KM on the clock.