Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

430 maintenance costs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Is the maintenance cycle on 5-20k miles even with a manual tranny? I want the F1 but I am not so sure about having to do clutch service almost annually. Thanks

Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCEye
you gotta pay to play.
Agreed but you can still try to play smart. I wouldn't mind doing minor DIY e.g oil changes myself if I can save $1k in labor.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
It really depends how you drive, and manual trans clutches seem to last longer than F1, because you are in control of the clutch, not the computer. If you drive your car normally, it could last more than 20k, but we do not have any people that drive their car more than 20k a year, so I don't really know what to tell you.....

Old 01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
i keep hearing about cracked pipes in the cat area for the early 430's...any truth to this?

Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
CABRIO C4 is on a distinguished road
Any good Ferrari shops in Orange county? Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
This post has some really good information and makes me feel better about purchasing a used F430 in the future - thanks for the info guys!

In summary, I'm looking at only slightly higher maintenance cost than my 997S. For comparison, that one runs $1300 every 4 years for a major service, about $700 for a minor service every 4 years (staggered by 2 years), and about $3k for a new clutch - have almost 40k on my original so it last longer than the F430, but gotta pay to play, right!?!?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 AM
elp_jc will become famous soon enough
A lot of the services sound like a cash-cow for dealers. No need to change the clutch unless it starts slipping or chattering; it's not like a timing belt that can snap suddenly and ruin your engine (the F430 does not have those anymore, as noted). You'd get plenty of warning when it starts to go. And if you have to replace accessory belts every year or 5K miles, Ferrari is using crap. They should last WAY more than that, especially if car is not tracked often. Brake fluid change is an easy job, especially with open wheels and exposed bleeding valves. And if done annually (overkill really, but I do that since it only costs me $20), no need to activate ABS/DSC pistons by a dealer IMO since fluid is always fresh.

Most Ferrari owners are not inclined to work on their cars, but basic maintenance is not rocket science. Add to that not having a dealer around plus being out of warranty, and more than the money saved (substantial), it's the convenience that makes servicing your own car attractive to me. 'Gotta pay to play' is a choice, not a necessity .

Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
av2
av2 is infamous around these parts
Ferrari is not like say a Toyota. They sell a lot less cars and the company, Ferrari, in its own ways to take care of its dealerships, deliberately, make buying recommended fluids and servicing the cars more difficult than most other car makers. I change my own oil in some of my cars. Done it on my M3, X5, and the F430. With the F430, the oil change was straight forward, but locating the tools for the job was just more frustrating. To remove the drain plug, I had to buy a HUGE hex socket online because none of the local stores have them. To fit the oil filter properly, I had to purchase a special filter wrench so I can torque it to specs. As for buying fluids, Ferrari recommends Shell products which are not sold any local stores, and very hard to find online as well. Most Ferrari owners (older gentlemen) don't want be bothered with all this researching and locating parts.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
SouthBeachF430 is on a distinguished road
Every 5,000 miles plan to spend around $3,000 - $5,000. Gotta pay to play!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM
agonz071 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MK4lowIRA
The annual service that we do is $1350, and that includes oil and filter, brake fluid, pollen filter, wiper blades and an inspection.

The 2yr/5K service we do is $2250 and includes the above with engine coolant, transmission fluid, engine air filters, and accessory belts if needed.

Depending on how you drive your car, the clutch cost is around $4-5k for the complete job, and can last anywhere from 5,000 miles to 20,000, that is the range I have seen.

Those are the major things that go on with 430's, and tires are also dependant on your driving style.
Clutches on these cars don't last more than 20,000 miles?!?!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 AM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Lambo egear systems can give up the ghost around 20,000 miles as well afaik.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
my old lambo lasted 28k miles before intermittent egear warning light flashes came on and scared the @#$% out of me

Old 01-30-2011, 07:18 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
The clutches are designed to the most optimal mix of comfort and performance there is, so for a clutch to last 20K on a near 500hp car is acceptable. I agree that basic maintenance is easy and cheap to do yourself, but some things require scan tools for, which is where the dealer has the market captured. It is also a good thing to keep up a relationship with your local dealer's service department because if you have a lot of service history at the dealer and something detrimental happens, they are more willing to help you out with parts costs and labor times.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 AM
MedMan is on a distinguished road
All in a for a 200k car the maintenance swems pretty reasonable

Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
GothamHistorian will become famous soon enough
how is the maintenance cost in comparison to a Scuderia? I would think it is similar, but who knows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 430 maintenance costs