Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

So what do 458s actually sell for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
So what do 458s actually sell for?

Hi all,

I am considering selling my V12 Vantage for a 458, either an Italia or Spider, but I'm really confused as to pricing. MSRP on these cars is around $250K, yet both new and used examples appear to be priced a lot higher. Is there a huge markup for these cars? There seem to be many available, which ads to my confusion.

What can I reasonably expect to pay for a new/used Italia/Spider? Just want to have a better idea of what these cars actually sell for. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dave

Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
there is a markup for spyder. none on coupe that i am aware of

last 2 years, ferrari has reduced production to maintain their prices. in few 2-3 years of 458 production, these cars were not moving out of showrooms quickly due to poor economy. since production reduction, the supple is cut down again.

used ones with low mileage are around $250-270k. new is about 10% more. i saw new is better so you get full warranty, spec to your liking and a full 7 year service included.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:12 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Spiders where I live (Long Island) are running about $340K for a 2010 with under 5,000 miles on the clock.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM
taylorgang is on a distinguished road
I've seen a few used ones sell for around $225K - might be better to buy new if you can get it around MSRP

Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 PM
b00sted4v is on a distinguished road
too much

Old 10-12-2013, 12:28 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Spiders where I live (Long Island) are running about $340K for a 2010 with under 5,000 miles on the clock.
458 spiders were not released until 2012.

Regarding a new 458, you generally have to get on the list with a Ferrari dealer. If you do not have any purchase history from the dealer then a wait for the 458 spider can be 6 months to a year for a new one.
Ferrari dealerships are not allowed to markup new cars. So if you do buy one new then you get it for MSRP.
Because there is such a high demand, the used market prices are generally higher. That is why you see a used 458 spider selling for $390k when the first owner only paid $330k MSRP.

The 458 coupes are finally starting to drop some. So with the 2010's with higher miles, you may see some in the $230-$250k range.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:39 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999

Regarding a new 458, you generally have to get on the list with a Ferrari dealer. If you do not have any purchase history from the dealer then a wait for the 458 spider can be 6 months to a year for a new one.
Ferrari dealerships are not allowed to markup new cars. So if you do buy one new then you get it for MSRP.
Because there is such a high demand, the used market prices are generally higher. That is why you see a used 458 spider selling for $390k when the first owner only paid $330k MSRP.

The 458 coupes are finally starting to drop some. So with the 2010's with higher miles, you may see some in the $230-$250k range.
You're absolutely right, technically Ferrari dealers can't mark up a new car so it sells at MSRP. If you have no relationship with the dealer you could be waiting months to a year, sometimes more. Those who don't want to wait pay a bit more for a used model and get it right away. OR lets say someone wants to order and F12 or La Ferrari where prior ownership is required, a used overpriced 458 is a great option to get on the approved list.

For the original owner the scheme works out great, and there are some Ferrari dealers who are more vocal about this than others. Basically after the initial purchase price and wait of a new Ferrari at MSRP, like the 458, one could sell the car back and switch to a different car/model with no money out of pocket

Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by plastique999

A typo, my bad. However, the pricing for the spider is dead nuts accurate, in the $340K range. Coupes are ranging from the mid 200's to low 300's for a 2013 at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale with less than 1,000 miles.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Where you live does make a difference. Your best bet is to go to your closest authorized dealer and to order a car. An authorized F car dealer in the US cannot "markup" a new vehicle over the MSRP. You will wait anywhere from 6 months to 12 months (or longer) for a coupe. If you have never purchased an F car before it is very unlikely that you'd be able to purchase a spyder new from the factory. If you have your heart set on a "new" 458 your best bet is to go to an authorized dealer and purchase a preowned 458 from them. Yes a preowned car with a deminimus quantity of miles on her may be "marked up" by the dealer. The reason there is a premium on a 2012 and newer 458 is that free 7 year scheduled maintenance is included. In addition the standard warranty in the US is 3 years unlimited mileage. If you have $250K to spend you will have a very hard time finding a preowned 2012 or newer 458 Italia from an authorized F car dealer unless it has 10K plus miles on her and a minimally optioned car. For $250K you can get a very low mileage (ie. under 5K miles) 458 from an authorized dealer but it will be a 2010 or 2011 model. As others have said the spyder came out in 2012 and cannot be found fro that $250K figure. A 2012-2013 spyder from an authorized dealer will run you between $300K-$350K+ depending on year, options, mileage, etc. FWIW the AM V12 Vantage is a darn good car, but you just can't compare it to the 458. Once driven, the 458 is a game changer. Looks, power, handling, etc. its got it all. The 458 is also a very reliable steed so if you can find a 2012 for $250K from an authorized dealer with even 10K-15K miles on her I'd jump at the chance to buy her (assuming it had the right color combo/options you wanted). I purchased my 2013 new in August 2012. She has almost 7K miles on her now and she is truly an awesome beastie. Best looking, sounding and handling car I have ever owned. Yeah she is powerful and sexie too. My 2 cents.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Bryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant future
Keep in mind, color surprisingly has quite an influence on price as well. We have several with unique paint combinations and options, and the desirability will definitely impact prices.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Bryce,

Are you finding that the 2012's and 2013's are selling more quickly due to the 7 yr. free scheduled maintenance and the purported reduction in production numbers ? Seems that the 458's are getting used alot more as daily drivers than prior F cars like the 430/360. I always wondered why owners don't drive their cars more often. The truth is that they depreciate whether you drive them or not. On a 458 does it really matter that much whether the car is driven 2K per year or 6K per year when ultimately it depreciates like any other $250K-$300K car at say $20K per year give or take a few bucks. I get that a 2 year old car with 4K miles is theoretically better than the same 2 year old car with 12K miles, but to me it makes no sense to spend this $$$ and not use the darn thing.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:48 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
I'm looking at F430's right now and my leasing company just mentioned yesterday that there is a higher mileage 458 (yellow color) that they are taking back very soon. Said they would lease to me at a cap cost of $195K. Wasn't even thinking about 458's but I'm intrigued now. Yellow is unfortunately a deal breaker for me but perhaps there are higher mileage coupes out there transacting for under $200K now.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:15 PM
IMHO mileage is greatly overrated if you are talking about 20K-25K accident free miles on a 2010-2011 458. So long as the car checks out from an authorized F car dealer with a proper PPI you will be OK. Candidly, if you can find a $195K 458 in ANY color, regardless of mileage, and it comes with a power cube warranty then buy it !!! The benefit of spending a bit more with the authorized dealer is that you get peace of mind with a warranty. How many miles are on the yellow 458 ? What year is it ? Is the seller "just" a private company that leases ? A used car dealer ? An authorized F car dealer ?

Old 10-26-2013, 05:18 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tortesq1
IMHO mileage is greatly overrated if you are talking about 20K-25K accident free miles on a 2010-2011 458. So long as the car checks out from an authorized F car dealer with a proper PPI you will be OK. Candidly, if you can find a $195K 458 in ANY color, regardless of mileage, and it comes with a power cube warranty then buy it !!! The benefit of spending a bit more with the authorized dealer is that you get peace of mind with a warranty. How many miles are on the yellow 458 ? What year is it ? Is the seller "just" a private company that leases ? A used car dealer ? An authorized F car dealer ?
Sorry I don't have any other details. My leasing company - Putnam mentioned to me. Can get more details and post if anyone is interested.