Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

430 16M Ownership (or Scuderia)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
430 16M Ownership (or Scuderia)

My Aston is starting to bug me and I'm thinking about a change.
I've often fancied a Ferrari but never taken up the challenge.
I like the idea of a 16M but not sure the reality would live up to expectations.
My Astons have been used for two major trips each year of ~3k miles/week in search roof down twisties and scenery.
This involves over 300 miles a day of hard driving, is a 16M up to it?
Is it reliable enough to do this?
Am I going to fall out of it at the end of the day in a pile of shattered bones?
I'd appreciate any ones ownership experience of a 16M (or Scuderia) especially long distances and sustained hard driving.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM
yellowbull is infamous around these partsyellowbull is infamous around these parts
I had a 2008 scuderia. Great car but very uncomfortable. Not my 1st 2nd or 3rd choice for a long ride.... An hour strait would be tops. Very hard ride and tons of road noise

Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
galt is on a distinguished road
I would say an scud or 16M is likely to be more reliable than an Aston Martin. The f430 has proven reliable, and these models are at the very end of the cycle where Ferrari was able to really iron even the small things.

Will definitely not be as comfortable as an Aston--but will feel like much more of an event to drive. I have driven both an f430 and scuderia spider extensively and would say that the 16M is only marginally firmer (in schumacher mode). I however like the feel of the racing seats as they fit me extremely well. I know there are others where this is not true.

The sound of the 16M and the sharp shifts with the top down in twisties is completely intoxicating.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:57 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Interesting
One of the pluses with the Aston is roof up it is a great GT for a long mway blast to the twisties. Then drop the roof and hit Sport it transforms. I'm not sure I could cope with the Sport mode animal for long mway journeys