Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Thinking about getting a California?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM
RyanxB is on a distinguished road
Thinking about getting a California?

Don't yell at me, but Ive always been a Porsche guy. Im trying to decide between a 14' gt3 (yes even with the recall fix) or maybe trying a California. I know its not an apples to apples comparison but what do you guys think? Could the sound, looks and drive sway me from my go carts? **As a daily driver.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:36 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
TOTALLY different cars. Don't know how to even compare them. You say you want a daily driver. The Cali (should be coming with the Turbo engine soon, btw) will be comfortable and drivable. It Ferraris' version of "the wife's" car.

You know what the GT3 is, and it's much firmer in every respect. The GT3 comparable for Ferrari is the 458 Speciale. WAY more $. WAY more exclusive. Probably can't get an allocation, anyway.

Honestly, I'd go see the dealer(s) and have a test to compare the Cali and the GT3. Your local Ferrari dealer's reputation is "meh". New Ferraris now have 8 years of included maintenance, btw. Double check that on the Cali.

CW

Old 07-29-2014, 10:14 PM
RyanxB is on a distinguished road
Hey Thanks. I did just that and although the California was nice, I think Im more of a gt3 guy.. /458 etc.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
If you are gonna get an fcar, use Ferrari of San Diego or Auto Gallery Ferrari in Calabasas... recommend them more than Newport.
I've bought both my previous fcars (and a Maserati) from Auto Gallery Ferrari in Calabasas and had 3 great experiences.