Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

DBS vs 599 Anyone with real world experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 09:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The 599 GTB is a heck of a car and the GTO is a beast for sure. But lets make no mistake these are all still very large, heavy, powerful cars more akin to continent crossing missiles than Corner carving race cars. In that sense the Aston DB9/DBS is a great choice it's a fantastic GT car with exceptional looks and poise. The Ferrari is more powerful for sure though comparing the respective 6 liter 12 cylinder engines of each. I think the real question here is what are you looking for... Drive both as each is similar but different and each has it's unique highlights.

Ps. I found it kinda funny how the GTO digital guage display says GTB on startup on the display. Figure with well over a quarter million they could have made that small coding change in the software :-)

Last edited by sunir; 10-20-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:26 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
For a daily drive I would get the DBS with our quicksilver sports exhaust or cat replacement, very stylish car. The 599 however is an awesome car, very fast! Like people have said it's more track orientated and the DBS has a very luxurious interior.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:07 AM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
The 599 GTB is a heck of a car and the GTO is a beast for sure. But lets make no mistake these are all still very large, heavy, powerful cars more akin to continent crossing missiles than Corner carving race cars. In that sense the Aston DB9/DBS is a great choice it's a fantastic GT car with exceptional looks and poise. The Ferrari is more powerful for sure though comparing the respective 6 liter 12 cylinder engines of each. I think the real question here is what are you looking for... Drive both as each is similar but different and each has it's unique highlights.

Ps. I found it kinda funny how the GTO digital guage display says GTB on startup on the display. Figure with well over a quarter million they could have made that small coding change in the software :-)
Sunir,

Not sure what guage you are talking about. I see no reference to GTB on any cockpit gauge. The only "displays" I see are for engine/race analytics. These guage how you are doing vs. what the GTO is capable of performing and are unique to the GTO (and I think are on the track only 599XX and 599XX Evo). The odometer on the GTO is old analog and I don't see a reference to a specific model on that gauge. Maybe I'm missing the boat so please show me a pic or vid of what you are referencing. Much appreciated.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:26 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tortesq1
Sunir,

Not sure what guage you are talking about. I see no reference to GTB on any cockpit gauge. The only "displays" I see are for engine/race analytics. These guage how you are doing vs. what the GTO is capable of performing and are unique to the GTO (and I think are on the track only 599XX and 599XX Evo). The odometer on the GTO is old analog and I don't see a reference to a specific model on that gauge. Maybe I'm missing the boat so please show me a pic or vid of what you are referencing. Much appreciated.

Here ya go, here is the pic...the digital display to the left of the white analog gauge...Ferrari logo and script '599 GTB' in the GTO instrument cluster binnacle described and pictured on the global Autosport web link... Image #17 or 24... check it out.

http://www.globalautosports.com/car/...upe-86694.html

Old 10-21-2014, 05:47 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
Here ya go, here is the pic...the digital display to the left of the white analog gauge...Ferrari logo and script '599 GTB' in the GTO instrument cluster binnacle described and pictured on the global Autosport web link... Image #17 or 24... check it out.

http://www.globalautosports.com/car/...upe-86694.html
Sunir,

Look at post #12 above where i pointed out that the car delineated on the Global website as a 599GTO is NOT a GTO but rather a 599GTB. Thus, the car you are pointing out, a 599 GTB Alonso Edition, is in fact a 599 GTB NOT a 599GTO. I have been around more than just my GTO and have NEVER seen a reference on the dash to the GTB. Hahaha you had me going there for a minute

Old 10-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Ugh ...good 'ole Alonzo edition ...that's how they get ya!!