Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari for Guam with no dealer and no service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 08:02 AM
markb is on a distinguished road
Ferrari for Guam with no dealer and no service?

I live in guam -- remote tropical island in asia. i know it's a bit silly to be thinking of a ferrari here - but I love the look and want to know 1) what issues will I face 2) which car is best? coral aggregate roads not ideal for performance tires either

There's a BMW/RR dealer here so I have a 650i, 750LI and Range Rover. Also have a 2013 Porsche Panamera and no prob so far even tho no dealer here. Have had 911S and Jags. Always wanted a Ferrari or Lambo. There's one good Euro repair place w Porsche master mechanic. There's a 430 here and so far it's doing ok.

I'm looking for a convertible daily driver. No highways here. Question is which clutch etc. will hold up in slow daily driving. Test drove a California. So-so. Like the look of the 458 better in and out but haven't driven yet. Budget $150-250k. More focused on resale/depreciation cost than initial cost or repairs. Will drive 7k miles/year x say 3 years. Would like to see loss on resale hopefully not much more than $20k per year.

Unfortunately it's more about the look and RELIABILITY than speed and handling given the location. I just really like the look of the Ferrari. Need reliability. Thinking late model 458 or California or maybe Lambo Gallardo. Is it completely ridiculous or just a little silly? Any suggestions?

Last edited by markb; 09-07-2014 at 08:27 AM.