Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Switch from GT3 to F430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Really contemplating a similar move from 07 red gt3 to 360. Love the car I'm eyeing but having a really really hard time thinking about the gt3 going away. Honestly, my gt3 is better in everyway than the 360 other than looks and the experience factor. Never drove a 430. Sure it's way better performance. So torn.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Fourplay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
Really contemplating a similar move from 07 red gt3 to 360. Love the car I'm eyeing but having a really really hard time thinking about the gt3 going away. Honestly, my gt3 is better in everyway than the 360 other than looks and the experience factor. Never drove a 430. Sure it's way better performance. So torn.
With the way GT3 prices have gone, you should be able to swing an F1 transmission F430. They can be found in the mid 90s now, or even cheaper if you have a dealer license.

Then it's more of an even playing field. In fact the 430 is (as others have stated) better for daily use. I think it's better looking and a bit quicker than a GT3 too.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:06 AM
rocketman will become famous soon enough
I suggest considering a 430 Scuderia......game over !

Old 08-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
F430's are in the mid 90's now?

Old 08-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
I remember driving an F430 6speed and just loved it. It had a Tubi exhaust and it communicated, no sang, everything beautifully.

Recently I tracked a 458 and GT3 at Exotics Racing in LV. Four of us all favored the 458 on the track, the GT3 felt more like a street car. I needed more time in the GT3 to get to know the gearing, etc. The 458 was like second nature, so natural.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:56 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CoreyC2S
It seems everyone's snatching up secondhand F430's now; congratulations to all!

Can anyone compare ownership of an F430 (or F360 even) to owning an Aston Martin DB9? I haven't gotten a chance to drive either but they're all on my short list for the next car in a couple years, assuming they don't randomly jump in value like the Testarossa has (anyone else remember seeing decent ones as low as $65k a couple years ago? Not so much anymore!).

I would go with the trend of posters regarding general 430 vs GT3 ownership.
Both great cars but the 430 is much more streetable. The DB9 is very nice and would compare more equally to a 575. Don't think it would hold up very well in a comparison with the 599 but its still a cool car. Both the GT3 and the 430 are much sportier and more responsive than the DB9 but the torque of a 12 makes such a lovely drive.
If I had all three in the garage at the same time and was driving more than 150 miles I would take the AM every time. Hope that helps.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:48 PM
BklynNY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrMiggy
I just made the switch from a 997 Turbo to a F430. Echo the comments above. The F430 is a ton more fun to drive, even though the Turbo certainly felt faster. I held out for a 6 speed F430, but ultimately they are so damn hard to find, I pulled the trigger on a local red/tan F430 with a great service history. I'm really enjoying the F1 so far!
Still enjoying the 430? What do you think of the F1 tranny now that you've had it for a while? Any surprises with maintenance? I'm thinking about a 430 Spyder.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:44 PM
cyk
cyk is on a distinguished road
I made the swap from .1 GT3 to F430 Berlinetta F1 about a year ago. My change was prompted by the fact that the GT3 is simply too harsh for the street and I was looking for something more streetable but still entertaining at the track; the F430 certainly strikes that balance. While I wish I had the space and funds to have both, the F430 (as most might agree), is a far more well rounded package with neutral handling, great turn-in, and the ability to hoon;drift with confidence while still being a civil street car when you want it to be. The GT3 is a fantastic car and certainly hits the mark for what it was made to do, but the F430 is just as quick and entertaining while being much more livable on a day to day basis.