Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Anyone been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 01:35 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy?

I'm normally on the Porsche forum, as I can't quite swing the cost of admission to buy a Ferrari, but that doesn't keep me from lusting for one. I'm headed to Italy in June on vacation, on a cruise ship with family, which docks for one day at La Spezia on its itinerary. The wife and kids are headed to Florence for the day but I've been there, done that. I'm thinking I want to grab a rental car and drive to the Ferrari Museum in Marenello / Modena and looking for some feedback from those who have made the trip. Specifically:

1) Worth spending the day (Probably!)

2) I'm confused by the Ferrari museum website, looks like there are (2) museums, one in Marenello and another in Modena about 20 minutes apart and they *can* shuttle you back and forth I believe. Worth doing both? If there is time to do only one - which is better?

3) Is the track tour and bus ride on the factory grounds any good?

4) Anyone tried the trip from the port of La Spezia in a rental?

Thanks for any and all feedback. Of course, my greatest fear is I will go and then come back and have to have a Ferrari, and that would really hurt my retirement account...lol

Duane

Old 03-13-2015, 07:02 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
I've been to the factory. You need to be a current Ferrari owner, and then have your Ferrari dealer coordinate with Ferrari of NA. Once Ferrari of North America approves you they will provide you dates the factory will be available for a tour.

Touring the Ferrari factory was one of the most amazing experiences! I can tell you, you are not allowed to take pictures. Only pictures I was able to take was just right outside the factory entrance with the Ferrari sign overhead. Another neat thing is they give you a Ferrari "passport" with your name/etc.

I did spend sometime at the museum which was really nice. Also the Ferrari shop was great. Had items I've never seen anywhere for sale!

I didn't get a chance to see or inquire about the track. My understanding was its off limits to the public due to testing/R&D of future models. This may have changed.

Overall one of the great experiences of my life. Wish I would have allowed an extra day there to see more. Everyone at the factory was extremely friendly and nice. Another regret for me was I didn't have a chance to go to the Lamborghini factory. Hopefully next time!!

Old 03-14-2015, 01:49 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
My wife and I went on our honeymoon in 2011 and visited the Museum (however, as noted above due to not owning a Ferrari, wouldn't have been permitted to view the factory or track).

I would say its definitely worth a trip and provides the opportunity to see a ton of cool cars, some of which were more modern and I would assume have been swapped out by now. Some of the cars I remember were Enzo, 288, F40, Daytonas, SuperAmerica, very early editions, in addition to all of the F1 cars from the mid 90s up through maybe 2006.

I wouldn't have been able to spend the whole day there by any means though as there wasn't "that much" to see. However, the Lamborghini museum/factory is not too far away and its my understanding that its open to the public (not sure on cost as it was closed for Halloween when we were there).

If you are interested in motorcycles Ducati is also close by, so you could conceivably pack all 3 into a day if you desired.