Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!

Ok this will be a long thread as we are about 5 months into a 12 month home build. The garage will 5 car plus work shop room (did have a man room planned but new baby will need a nanny so lost that!). I am open to all ideas to customize my garage to look great and be a good work shop. I am the general contractor on the project and work every day on site so this should be fun if you have questions. I am starting with posting a few initial shots of site and foundation but framing is up and I will post that soon (just did not want to hav this last the full year)

Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 PM
thull is on a distinguished road
Wow looks like it will be a very interesting home. Do you have any floorplans or renderings of the final product?

Old 11-04-2007, 05:22 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
Yes but not really sure how to post a PDF file? The general theme of the house on the outside is of an old mine building. We are using reclaimed spruce wood from a barn in austria for the siding with a very rustic moss rock stone that is accented with steel detailing. The front of the house has a 30 foot tall turret that is entirely covered in stone to simulate the mine shaft. The inside will then change to have a rustic shell with Steel and stone being the main elements of structure but the finishes will be more modern.
But this is about my garage! Each time we reach an impass on design my wife says hey you are getting your garage right and I roll over.
I will get some shots of the framing later this week.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I always like to see unique designs, I don't think I've seen anything like it before but I can picture it and it sounds very cool.

If you want I can change your pdf file into jpg's for you to post, just email it to brian@nom3rcy.com

Old 11-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks I sent you some plans.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Awesome place, I just sent the jpgs to your email.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:26 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Looks great. Beautiful homesite. Can't wait to follow the construction of not just the garage but the home as well.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 AM
mon3ypit is on a distinguished road
that is cool that you are a general contractor and you are getting to build your own house.....good luck with the build

Old 11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
T@soulis is on a distinguished road
nice nice!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
can't wait to see it complete!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
at the request of Thull ( and with his help) Here are the floor plans of the house Hope these work.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is on a distinguished road
Awesome floor plan, GL and enjoy. What are you planning to fill those slots with, 5 that is...

Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Very busy day on site but got a few update shots

This is the actual view from the great room and master bedroom! The lot was the find of a life time and we actually got a great deal on it!

Just a glimpse of the garage through the mayhem today. We are rushing to get the roof on before the snow flys

This is the start of the entry tower with only the steel showing

View taken from the garage windows

not the best shot of an exsposed steel truss

Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for getting involved guys
Raw and Mean car spots for now will be filled with my 99 c4, 03 Duramax crew cab, wifes 07 wrangler x, and 03 grand cherokee. The Cherokee is on the chopping block for an audi (I hate the damn thing) and the 5th bay is for an upcomming project when the house is done I am thinking a RS replica

Money3ypit yes super cool to do my own house, I have been building other peoples homes for years and am now blessed with this oppurtunity (and burden!) two years ago as we sold a home we had built my wife broke down crying and said "I am like the cobblers wife with no shoes!" So it was time to make it happen.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
lookin' good. man what a view you have!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!