Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Some garage floring questions:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
manalex is on a distinguished road
Some garage floring questions:

Looking to improve the look of my garage with some flooring mods and had a few questions I thought I would post here. My options are open at this point trying to decide between tiles and floor covering.

Is there an appreciable difference between an epoxy and urathane coating, or any combo thereof? Cost?

Can you apply coatings in patterns like you see with some of the tiles at a reletively inexpensive price?

Has anyone had favorable experience going the do-it-youself route with the coatings and if so what brand/technique was used? Cost savings?

With respect to the tiles (like Racedeck): I get the impression that there will be a lot of creaking and cracking as you walk/drive onto the surface particularly if the garage floor has several irregularities-how do you prevent this?

With respect to tiles (ceramic) are there any preferred brands/types that should be used or avoided?

With respect to all the options, how much of an issue is slipping when wet? I'm married with 5 small children and want to avoid any carnage.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by manalex; 09-29-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Porcelain tiles

After a lot of study I decided to do porcelain ceramic tiles which have been down for a couple of years now.

They are great, trouble free and easy to clean with no issues about slipping on them, that really is dependant on which ones you pick though.

Check out my garage project thread which could answer some of your questions...

good luck!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by manalex

With respect to the tiles (like Racedeck): I get the impression that there will be a lot of creaking and cracking as you walk/drive onto the surface particularly if the garage floor has several irregularities-how do you prevent this?

Thanks in advance
All I can speak to is my personal experience with Racedeck. I put down landscaping cloth under the tiles and have no noise issues. I really like the look and have been very happy with my choice.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I also have the ceramic tiles and love them. So beautiful, no noise, easy care.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atlshaver
All I can speak to is my personal experience with Racedeck. I put down landscaping cloth under the tiles and have no noise issues. I really like the look and have been very happy with my choice.

QFT, plus if you get bored you can change it

Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
DT007 is on a distinguished road
I went with Epoxy recently. It was clean and easy, just let it dry for 5 days...

Recognize my Garage??

Attached Images