Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Epoxy vs, Garage floor tiles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
bonecrrusher is on a distinguished road
I have the Griots Garage kit - I prepped the floor properly - and it still peeled up - its winter so I don't really care what it looks like - Might touch up some spots this summer.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rs200evo
Anyone hear of highly polishing a concrete floor, similar to a mall or office complex floor ? Supposedly the concrete pores are so small, nothing can penetrate it. Your thoughts please.
polishing needs to be done when the floor is installed (new)...

Old 09-24-2012, 03:03 AM
kylaarmstrong is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rs200evo
What are your thoughts for a brand new garage floor ? Epoxy vs. garage floor tiles, also which floor tile is best ?
Epoxy garage flooring is the best. it would last and is cost effective.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:51 AM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
I am getting ready to put RaceDeck over my newly epoxied floor. If you deicide on epoxy, my advice is to pay more (alot more) and have a pro do your Epoxy, there are many things that can go wrong as a DIY.
You 'might' get lucky and have zero issues - but how do you know this in advance?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
Premier Garage did mine, it's a franchise. It's holding up well.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
I had a really good guy epoxy my floors...looks super clean!

Name:  DBSgaraged.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  137.1 KB

Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Incon306 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by plastique999
I had a really good guy epoxy my floors...looks super clean!

Looks VERY nice indeed! What brand epoxy was used and who did the install?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:42 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Just finished my garage with RaceDeck tiles & Moduline Cabinets.

Both companies have excellent products and customer service.

Thanks!!

Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 AM
devil boy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sc170
Just finished my garage with RaceDeck tiles & Moduline Cabinets.

Both companies have excellent products and customer service.

Thanks!!
Looks great!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:33 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Plug here for UCoat It system. This was a reasonably priced and relatively easy to apply DIY system. I did, in new construction, acid wash, 2 step epoxy and then 2 clear coats. Colored flecks for looks.

I have not had any hot tire pick up in the year I have been here. Including 2 cars that get driven pretty aggressively and have more melty tires.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Mirko Elek is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CWtwin
I just did the Rustolium Professional grade two part epoxy. I love it! Looks great with extra heavy color flakes and clear coat. I used 15 bags of the blue and gray flakes on a 31x24 garage.
Can you show picture of your garage?

Old 11-18-2016, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
There is a place here in KC that does that, and the floors are amazing. You can also add dye to tint the floor. Not sure what it costs though. My fear would be how slick it might be if the floor were wet.

If you epoxy, get the professional grade stuff. Devoe Devran Epoxy held up on the high volume shop floor just fine (impervious to anything with the exception of letting a puddle of brake clean sit on it overnight), and is about $100 a gallon (1 gallon epoxy, 1 gallon converter). 2 gallons of each should do most basic 2 car garages. We abused the heck out of that floor in an automotive environment. After 3 years of high volume use, I re-epoxied it so it would bring back the clean look, lol.

I used the home depot rustoleum stuff on my garage floor at home (I had a few sample cases sitting there, so figured I would save some money), looks good, but my wife's jeep has already peeled the epoxy up where the tires sit. It was properly prepped etc. I will be redoing it this summer with the stuff we used at the shop instead.
How did you prepare floor? Its all in preparation.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:27 PM
I think that people who have issues with hot tire peeling is that they dont etch concrete properly. If you are using acid etch make sure to wash it afterwards with pressure washer. Regular house water pressure cant remove what etch broke down. It makes huge difference and takes 2hours just to do this part on 2 car garage. One inch at the time. Ive done couple of these epoxy diys from home depot (water based) without any issue yet. Some already last more than 5 years and not a single peel. Only thing thing to mention is little discoloration from sun. I also used clear on top of the epoxy for that nice shiny wet look, which also adds extra strenght to the application. Cost me $250 for 2 car garage including everything.
If you want it to be even more durable , you can buy rustoleum (professional) solvent based from amazon. Its few bucks more expensive and 3-4 times thicker.
Applys exactly the same.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:16 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Has anyone reapplied a coat? I have some discoloration with my rustoleum after 5 years

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Epoxy vs, Garage floor tiles