Project Garage Condo - Page 15 - 6speedonline.com Forums

Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Tech Stuff > Garage Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Project Garage Condo

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM

sflaten is on a distinguished road
Floor maintenance

Chris,

The black treads look great. One thing you need to be aware of is most of this type of flooring is considered "self waxing" meaning there are wax fibers in the vinyl that works to the surface as there is foot traffic.

Don't use harsh cleaners as it will turn the surface dull and take forever to come back up. Have the installer or supplied give you information on a spray treatment that is like of like the Quick Detailer we use on the cars. This will let you wipe up the surface and give it a good shine.

I installed this at the Mayo Clinic in a high traffic parking ramp, and used this detailer versus the harsh strip and wash, and it looked great for many years. The did start out by using the harsh cleaners, so you can tell where I ended up learning about the proper care.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM

HIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflaten View Post
Chris,

The black treads look great. One thing you need to be aware of is most of this type of flooring is considered "self waxing" meaning there are wax fibers in the vinyl that works to the surface as there is foot traffic.

Don't use harsh cleaners as it will turn the surface dull and take forever to come back up. Have the installer or supplied give you information on a spray treatment that is like of like the Quick Detailer we use on the cars. This will let you wipe up the surface and give it a good shine.

I installed this at the Mayo Clinic in a high traffic parking ramp, and used this detailer versus the harsh strip and wash, and it looked great for many years. The did start out by using the harsh cleaners, so you can tell where I ended up learning about the proper care.
Great advice Steve.

I've had some run-ins with rubber before and have learned that generally a damp cloth will be your best bet.

BTW - welcome to 6speed
Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 AM

gbaker is on a distinguished road
I think I would sell my house and live there. Great job.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 PM

kingofjericho is on a distinguished road
Place looks awesome!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 AM

HIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond reputeHIRISC has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot guys.

Finally got the TV's out of their boxes. Surround system downstairs sounds awesome.

Here's a crappy Blackberry pic:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:29 PM

jdmtoexotics is on a distinguished road
Simply amazing.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 AM

alzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond reputealzilla300 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to alzilla300
Absolutely incredible garage, Chris! I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted on here last til you told me about this thread last night. Thanks for having me over to take pics. I'll let you have the honor of posting them though.

I can't wait to come back for another photoshoot when your Cobra is in!

2004 Chrysler Crossfire
1986 Merkur XR4Ti
Old 02-26-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzilla300 View Post
Absolutely incredible garage, Chris! I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted on here last til you told me about this thread last night. Thanks for having me over to take pics. I'll let you have the honor of posting them though.

I can't wait to come back for another photoshoot when your Cobra is in!
Thanks a lot brother.. I appreciate you taking your time and talent to shoot our place.

Finally got the place cleaned up yesterday, just in time for Alex to swing by. Still have more furniture/railings/lifts/cars to put in it, but his photography makes even a bare place look awesome!

(Folks - if you ever need a great photographer, hit Alex up!)

Here's the link to the full sized pics - 6speed size below:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bellus.alex/ChrisSGarage#

Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 AM

More pics by Alex

Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 AM

master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Congrats, nice job! Now it is time to fill it...... hope to see a CGT in the future! have fun and enjoy the weekend!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 AM

Thanks. ^^^ A guest appearance perhaps, but I'm more FGT than I am CGT.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Platinum Sponsor

WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WHEELSJ
Came out awesome!! very very nice Enjoy it!!!

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM

srsfunk is on a distinguished road
Incredible, Thanks for sharing and enjoy!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM

AtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond reputeAtomicZ has a reputation beyond repute
Chris -

It looks to nice to actually get dirty.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicZ View Post
Chris -

It looks to nice to actually get dirty.
I told Alex that pic-night was as clean as it would ever be
Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Tags
atlanta, build, buld, clubhouse, condo, condos, cost, craigslist, garage, mn, pole, sale, stage, striper, stripper