Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Project Garage Condo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s14blane
Well, I just joined this forum, and while I am far removed from the salaries of most if not all of the members of this forum, I absolutely love seeing what could be possible in my future (just graduated college).

HIRISC, I really enjoyed perusing through your thread and seeing your garage buildup from origination to completion. Ever since I was a kid I've had my mind made up that for a car enthusiast, it wouldn't be such a bad deal to have a house/condo (aside from your other property) that's smaller than the garage, and you my friend have done it.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your FFR cobra come to fruition, in addition to all the other cars you will surely fit in there.

Awesome.
Thanks for the kind words.. It was something I thought of doing for a long time, and Motorplex allowed us to do it sooner than later.

Sounds like you're off to a great start - congrats on your recent graduation. Keep spinning.. success (IMO) is 50% hard work, 25% timing, and 25% luck.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Izis is on a distinguished road
21 pages later - Wow! Well done.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 AM
slicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to behold
It was nice to meet you at Cars and Coffee yesterday. Thanks for showing me your garage and the car project. Looks great! - Brett

Old 06-06-2010, 01:12 PM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
Originally Posted by slicer;
It was nice to meet you at Cars and Coffee yesterday. Thanks for showing me your garage and the car project. Looks great! - Brett
Dito!

Please post more images of your factory-5 project

Cheers
Dave

Old 06-06-2010, 01:36 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Good to meet you guys as well.

Dave - let your son know that the tabs on the upper control arms are mounting points for a now out of date quad shock fitment on the IRS. Very astute. Like other things I've done wrong thus far, this one doesn't really need to be fixed, but the **** retentive in me will be happy to mount the driver's side down.

I'll post pics as I make meaningful progress (which might be awhile as I'm on a build slow down for the summer).

Name:  CobraBuild5-234.jpg
Views: 1812
Size:  2.76 MB

Name:  CobraBuild5-2315.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  2.77 MB

Name:  CobraBuild5-133.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  417.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1381.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  2.76 MB

Name:  CobraBuild5-2312.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  2.65 MB

Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
mr. h is on a distinguished road
this is just amazing, your one luck man

Old 06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
PDPFARLEE is on a distinguished road
Just had to add my two cents (i'm rather new to the thread) You have the ultimate MAN cave....I had to share your pictures with my wife! Enjoy it

Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Chim026 is on a distinguished road
Fantastic Garage

I can't believe it took me this long to stumble across this thread via Jalopnik. I've been to the last 2 Cars and Cafe events, but haven't been in your garage. After seeing all the work you personally put into it, I have to say I'm even more impressed. Thanks for posting all the information and pics of your build, you've given me plenty of inspiration to get working on my own garage. I can't wait to stop by next Cars and Cafe event to check it out.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks much guys.. appreciate that.

Chim026.. I usually open my garage up first thing (7:45 - 9:15) at the Cars & Coffee events, then closer her down to go look at all the cars myself.

Stop by and introduce yourself sometime.

Name:  cheers2-1.gif
Views: 1633
Size:  2.7 KB

Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
HRD SEL is on a distinguished road
You made it on Jalopnik - http://jalopnik.com/5558218/quien-es-mas-macho

Garage is stunning!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by HRD SEL
You made it on Jalopnik - http://jalopnik.com/5558218/quien-es-mas-macho

Garage is stunning!
Thanks.. They've picked up our space at Motorplex a couple of times.. It's a nice honor and highlights Alex's great photography.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:45 AM
MMOTION is on a distinguished road
Wow incredible! Thanks for sharing! Wish we had these in Canada. =)

Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
quick question, what did you do for flooring? is that epoxy?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sharp
quick question, what did you do for flooring? is that epoxy?
Thanks MMotion.

The concrete floor had the cream ground off to expose the aggregate and was coated with 2 coats of clear MMA (an acrylic product).

http://www.mmafloors.com/

The jury is still out on the overall durability.. it may have a tendency to chip when you drop something on it. There are quite a few derivatives of MMA available from several manufacturers.

I'll post back on here when we determine if it was installer, product (mfg.), selection or a combination of all three.

I love the look.. I hope we can get it to be as durable as a garage floor should be.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
RWHP is on a distinguished road
Cant believe it, i just saw my dream home Its just awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project Garage Condo