Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Project Garage Condo

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Enigma M3 is on a distinguished road
I am jealous I love it!!! Would think of purchasing only this if I was a mechanic and a bachelor.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Rockcam is on a distinguished road
Hvac

The infloor radiant heat is great - are you putting heating in the mezz as well or isn't it needed?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rockcam
The infloor radiant heat is great - are you putting heating in the mezz as well or isn't it needed?
We're probably going to keep the in-floor heat set at 58-60 degrees and during the day (in the winter) we probably won't need additional heat upstairs due to the amount of windows. We face SW, so lots of light.

We did prep the upstairs with the electrical/HVAC lines for a remote A/C unit in case it gets hot up there in the summer.

Worst case in the winter is that we add a baseboard or space heater.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM
CURSED is on a distinguished road
Out of curiosity how much time will you end up spending in this space, days a year? Or are you planning on making it a day time only shop like facility rather then an actual condo which you might spend the night in?

Looks amazing for sure! I've only got one hot rod and my daily driver but I'd kill for a space like this to live in and work in!

Keep us posted on your progress!!

Adam

Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURSED
Out of curiosity how much time will you end up spending in this space, days a year? Or are you planning on making it a day time only shop like facility rather then an actual condo which you might spend the night in?

Looks amazing for sure! I've only got one hot rod and my daily driver but I'd kill for a space like this to live in and work in!

Keep us posted on your progress!!

Adam
Good question.

My office is 5 minutes away and that was determinative since I can swing by on the way to work, over lunch, or post-work.

I'm going to be building an FFR Cobra kit and I won't be rushing through it, so I'd expect to work on that 1 night a week and some time every weekend. Moreover, we'll spend some Friday nights and all summer Saturdays there for Cars & Cafe.

My wife makes jewelry, scrapbooks, etc. and there will be work space upstairs and main level for her as well so I'm hoping that she'll be there with me. We don't have kids at this point, so we don't have to run anyone around, etc.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of friends/family who will have projects so that will contribute to on-site time. Add some football/hockey/movie/UFC watching from time to time and it should get well used.

Will do on the updates!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
mfm3 is on a distinguished road
awesome...keep pics coming

Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Progress Report:
Installed wash sink, head, hot water heater & softener
Black rubber moulding attached - decided to wait on 3' diamond plate ($$)
Stair treads/kick plates done - waiting for diamond plate risers & rubber treads
7/16" cork flooring installed upstairs
Window, floor, door, stair trim done
Took the protective hardboard off the main floor

This Week:
Delivery/Install of downstairs cabinets (Moduline)
Receive air compressor
Varnish maple trim/doors
Clean up

Coming soon:
Railing
Upstairs cabinets t/b installed on 1/19
TV's/electronics delivery on 1/21
Some furniture delivered 1/20
Some furniture delayed until 2/25

Dusty, but you get the idea:

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  1.89 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B1.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  1.54 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B3.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  1.89 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B4.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  1.97 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B5.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  1.76 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B6.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  2.77 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B11.jpg
Views: 1629
Size:  2.54 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek10-B9.jpg
Views: 1570
Size:  1.88 MB

Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
leighspped is on a distinguished road
simply awesome cant wait to see what you put in it

Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Rosspbig is on a distinguished road
Damn that place is going to be awesome!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
CURSED is on a distinguished road
Wow, it gets better and better!

Kitchen?

I hope you keep a thread going with the progress of the Cobra once you get the new place up and running!

Adam

Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Woooooooooooow, looks beautiful!

Old 01-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks a lot guys - it's been a really fun project.

Yeah, kitchen cabinets are going in next week - upstairs picture you can see the outlets. Fridge/sink and a few misc. appliances. We couldn't put a full size stove in because it's commercial. Plenty of ways to cook stuff without a 'stove'.

The TV mounts, speaker mounts, and rack mounts for the equipment just came in today so I'll have something to keep me busy until the Cobra kit shows up. I'll definitely start a thread for that.

Take it easy.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Lookin' good. You're in the home stretch. I had to smile when I saw the mandatory Minnesota water softener in the utility room. I remember the hard water as much as the hard winters up there.

You may have to set up a web site for your condo or else count on keeping this thread going forever with updates. You've developed a loyal following.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Are you planning to install a web camera system to monitor the garage from you home and or office? We have a system to monitor a second home remotely from anywhere via the web with audio and video and it provides such peace of mind- highly recommended.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Slik560
Lookin' good. You're in the home stretch. I had to smile when I saw the mandatory Minnesota water softener in the utility room. I remember the hard water as much as the hard winters up there.

You may have to set up a web site for your condo or else count on keeping this thread going forever with updates. You've developed a loyal following.
Yeah, the water around here is stupid-hard. For a little (more) $$, we can save the maintenance.

It's very cool that you guys are interested in the condo.. it's been something I've wanted to do for quite a while and things just came together to do it now. I've got another couple of months of filling it up with 'stuff' - then hopefully I can get to building the FFR. Maybe an FFR build/condo combo cam.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project Garage Condo