Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage remodel - the redo

Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
looks amazing!! is that a concrete finish or is that a tile? I too am looking for a good durable flooring solution.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Nice upgrade.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sharp
looks amazing!! is that a concrete finish or is that a tile? I too am looking for a good durable flooring solution.
It's concrete - a technique called Granicrete. If you Google it, you'll get more info. It needs to be sealed about 3-5 years. But I've already spilled some oil, and it wiped right up.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Awesome upgrade! Love the simplicity of it.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Added artwork:

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM
...and a 917.

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
really amazing before and after!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
willybeen is on a distinguished road
I cant get over the before pictures. The cabinets are amazing. (I'm glad I stumbled onto the garage section today.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
The garage looks great! We are just finishing ours, hope to have it done by the end of the summer (a multi-year project). What heater did you use? I am in Alberta and we see similar extremes of weather and I don't want the garage heated other than occasionally.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
YNOT2K is on a distinguished road
Great looking garage!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by AP328
The garage looks great! We are just finishing ours, hope to have it done by the end of the summer (a multi-year project). What heater did you use? I am in Alberta and we see similar extremes of weather and I don't want the garage heated other than occasionally.
I bought a Cadet CGH562 5,600 Watt portable garage heater from Home Depot. It plugs in to a 240/208 V, I had 30A wiring into my garage cabinets. All I do is open the cabinet, and turn it on. During the summer, it is hidden.

I chose this electrical fan heater rather than a gas heater because it is hidden. Gas heaters will have to be mounted in the ceiling or such, and for a small garage, is bulky. This Cadet is hidden out of view.

My garage is insulated - it never fell below 40F when the outdoor temps were -5 to -10F. When I turned it on, the garage could rise to 70F very quickly.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
bbywu,
Garage looks great. Congrats!

Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 AM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for letting me know about the heater - it gives me ideas. We are only looking to extend the season a bit, so that should help.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice

Old 04-24-2015, 07:39 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Sweet!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:44 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up may I play in your sand box?

You really planned well and everything is professionally done. All the way down to the Hidden cadet and 30 amp.

I will be soon creating and designing an ultimate space for my vehicles, otherwise know as, "the garage," and I have gotten many tips from your Remodel.

If you may, the things I like are the recessed can lights. Curious if your lighting contractor use a lighting intensity meter to determine if the garage was uniformly lit? Although I like the recessed lights, I would like to either remove the diffusers covering the florescent lights or simply have directional canned lighting in area's where I would be waxing any vehicles. You see, it might sound silly, but I have a personal issue with diffusers...

Also, very nice using the Granicrete. I will research that. One of my dealers has a hard rubbery surface whereby the tires squeak when turning on them and it appears that there is no discernible peeling. I need to find out what that material is.

It is wise that you have lifted the cabinets off the ground to avoid moisture intrusion into the cabinets. I need to think about this...

Is that long 3" or so metal looking bar that extends from one side of the front are of the garage floor to the other a drainage area or a wheel depression?

Lastly, some things I would like to change. More for me to remember for my garage and not to critique yours.

I would like for there to be no cabinets above the work area. Just a useable wall for tools. The wood block is great surface to work on.

I would need one switch that controlled the entire garage lighting system, as well as Bank switches that controlled certain area's. and remote controlled fans, because I live in California.

I would have the cabinet that opened without hardware, due to the fact that I'm often moving at full speed, and would tear a number of pockets and shirts by having any one of them catch on me. If you ever done it you know what I mean.

I like how you utilized separate breakers, the parts bin, flooring, double pane windows, and locally built cabinets.

You have really made this garage, a truly desirable space to view and to enjoy. It is impressive what you have accomplished. You pulled out all the stops and have a beautiful work of art to show for it. Thank you for allowing me to, "paint my garage," in my minds eye.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage remodel - the redo