Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

TPC Supercharger Porsche 996C2 GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
TPC Supercharger Porsche 996C2 GROUP BUY

Vivid Racing has teamed up with TPC Racing to offer their well proven bolt on 100 horsepower supercharger kit at a special rate.

***$8650*** including the Porsche OEM GT3 Center Radiator Kit and Ground Shipping in the USA. No Tax, No Shipping Cost, No Hassles. TPC warranties their kits and Vivid Racing gives you a lifetime warranty on labor.

This group buy price is for a minimum of 5 kits sold. So if you want one, tell your friends! Retail price is $10,900 in addition to the $600 Center GT3 Radiator Kit.

Many of you have talked about the price of the supercharger kits being to expensive for the price of the car, so this is what we worked out to bring them down in price. This group buy price is good for all purchases made till 9/30/08. Once all 5 kits or more are sold, shipping time is 3-4 weeks. We WILL and DO ship internationally.

Read about the TPC Supercharger on our Porsche 996 C2 in Total 911 Magazine Here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...-vr-996sc.html

Lets Learn about the TPC Supercharger Kit for the Porsche 996C2 -
A long time ago I came across TPC superchargers and wonder what their deal was. They reappeared to me when I was at SEMA in 2005 and I saw the supercharger kit in person on a yellow 997. At one point I said I was totally satisfied with my 996 and I would not touch it. I got the bug and wanted more power. With the cost of Turbo 996’s still up there, I wanted another solution, I wanted to do something that most people don’t see, and I wanted to show what Vivid Racing is capable of doing in the Porsche world.

Making a call to Mike Levitas of TPC put Vivid Racing in motion with a project. Shortly there after a 996 Supercharger Kit appeared and the install process was ready to begin. The idea behind the kit is good. Using a Eaton supercharger similar to OEM’s like Ford, Jaguar, Mercedes, gives for good consistant power. The air to water intercooler was engineered well and the overall packaging was on point. Enter Vivid Racing…

After doing some pulls on our Mustang dyno, our car made about 230 rear wheel horsepower. The supercharger kit was expected to add about a 100 horsepower. Diving into the car and removing components and installing the kit was definitely a TEDIOUS task. Like most aftermarket parts, there is always a little something you have to do, and that is why you pay to have it installed correctly. The total labor time was about 20-25 hours.

Their cooling system utilizes the factory GT3 3rd radiator kit. We already had the 3rd radiator kit to keep the cars temps down since we are in AZ. So we utilized a PWR cooler which we side mounted as seen in our pictures. Now we have the ability of perfect engine cooling and supercharger cooling. With a fresh oil change and some new spark plugs it was time to fire it up. We turned the key and were golden. Some revs of the engine told us that there was a supercharger that was ready to rip.

Moving the car to the dyno, it was time to get some power. The piggyback ECU that is available with the kits is pretuned using the UniChip Piggyback ECU for either 91octane or 93octane. The UniChip is a basic fuel controller that works with the stock ECU to control the air fuel ratio. Once on the dyno, we ran the car which made 330 rear wheel horsepower on 91 octane.
I had been personally running around in the car as a daily driver for about 5 months. We even ran this car from AZ to UT to LV then to LA and back to AZ on the 2006 US Leg of the Gumball 3000. The car always stayed cool on the temperature gauge and drove very linear. The Eaton supercharger does have a whine to it, but produces the 5-6psi of boost immediately delivery great drivability.

The only additional mod required for this system is an aftermarket Exhaust. The kit is complete and includes everything you need to run it. Check out the install photos here - Vivid Racing - Racing Gallery - Project 996 Gets Blown!

Take a listen to the TPC Supercharger on our short PROMO video we made -
YouTube - TPC Supercharger Porsche 996 C2

Why a positive displacement supercharger?
Power, Reliability, and Easy Maintenance have made the Positive Displacement Superchargers the primary choice of every OEM manufacturer producing supercharged vehicles from Mercedes to Ford. A positive displacement supercharger provides lag-free performance at lower boost without the need for internal engine modifications. The end result, an affordable, reliable, high-yield, performance upgrade available for those seeking high-performance and every-day driveability.

Why share Oil?
Unlike the cheaper centrifugal style superchargers, the Positive Displacement Superchargers are completely self-contained and have their own synthetic oil supply. The TPC 996 Supercharger Kit features a bolt-on design which does not require internal engine or major chassis modifications. The 996 Supercharger Kit also includes a large liquid-to-air intercooler to keep your charge air temperatures cool in the relentless summer heat.
The 996 3.4L/ Supercharger Kit yields an impressive 378 H.P. and 343lbs./ft. torque to the tire on a DynoJet! This makes 434 H.P. at the crank! (Rated on a 3.4L engine)

Kit is available for the 99-04 Porsche 996 Carrera C2 or C4. All results are on a 6 speed manual transmission car. Kit includes everything needed for installation including the piggyback ECU upgrade, intake, supercharger, intercooler, and all hardware and fittings. This kit is very reliable, safe, and daily driveable for everyday use.

Vivid Racing is an authorized installation center and dealer of TPC Supercharger kits. We can arrange transportation of your vehicle to and from Vivid Racing for installation, dyno tuning and testing, and final build of your vehicle.

If you want your Supercharger Installed by the Pros - We will give you 30% off the normal labor rate.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We do have financing through CarCareONE. They do a max of $7500 and it is SOLELY based off credit score. I have seen an average of about $4500 approved. It is NO INTEREST for 90, 180, or 365 Days upon approval. Not a bad gig. Just pay it off before interest kicks in. You can apply here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/finance.php

Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
Nice offer!!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you all it takes is 5

Old 08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
AZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to behold
any idea if one has been added to a 996 cup car?

Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
LowStro9 will become famous soon enough
Have one of those, love it and would not go back to an n/a car again.

My .02:

The Vortech products are very nice. I have a lot of experience with them and was probably the only BMW crowd guy that was running 11 lbs of boost. THe TPC kit on my 996 is incredible in every way. It does not go through the boost-build-up like the Vortech. The power is instant and linear throughout the rpm range.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
AZ997TT - PM Sent.

LowStro9 - thanks for the support and positive feedback. You are right as the Vortech kit builds up boost like a Turbo where the TPC Eaton supercharger is much more linear.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:22 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 will become famous soon enough
yeah but the TPC sound awful when it comes on. Anyway for Vivid to get some VF's for the same price?

Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
I have yet to find a Porsche running a TPC blower that can keep up my centrifuged 3.4. The efficiency just isn't there. The TPC unit loses pull at the higher engine speeds and torque falls off substantially above around 5000 rpm. The centrifuge keeps pulling all the way to redline. Shift points put the TPC into a falling curve while the centrifuge shifts into a rising one. Other than for a split second at the dig, the TPC just can't pull strong enough compared to the centrifuge.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
LowStro9 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by my996
yeah but the TPC sound awful when it comes on. Anyway for Vivid to get some VF's for the same price?
I agree there is some variance on the opinion of the sound of the TPC. I think it is subjective but I happen to love it. I get a lot of "nut-slingers" that lay off the pedal when they hear my TPC rolling in.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
wow, great price and good product, good luck with the group buy!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
Sound is only an opinion

1999Porsche911 - Do you have any runs, videos, or dyno against a TPC kit to prove your claim?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vividracing
Sound is only an opinion

1999Porsche911 - Do you have any runs, videos, or dyno against a TPC kit to prove your claim?

Prove something on the internet? Now that's a good one.

What would you prefer? A doctored dyno chart or maybe a doctored video or I can link you to a company website that I created that will verify what I say as the truth or I can also create numerous aliases on this board that will backup everything I state as being fact.

I learned a long time ago that there is no proof on the internet. People only accept it as proof if it happens to agree with their opinion so I don't waste my time. For this same reason, why bother listing experiences or degrees, etc. Each person should use all the comments on boards like this as a starting point and verify claims on their own.

Creating doubt is a great way to modivate people to do a little reaserch on their own before making their decision.

I am not attacking the TPC as it is a fine product and delivers excellent power in the Porsche. I am just pointing out that the effeciency of the centrifuge compressor not only maintains the Porsche driving experience but delivers better performance at higher engine speeds. This does not mean that there are not individual TPC cars that may have been further modified that perform better than the average.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
I know you are not attacking anyone. You said you have raced TPC cars, just wondering if you had anything showing this?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
VIP C4 is on a distinguished road
I have to admit this is such a great deal, I almost put my name down...until I watched your promo video. Honestly, a promo video should stir up buyer's interest...but I personally got scared away from this one. Its either a bad quality cam corder thats not picking up the right sound of the SC or thats just how it sounds like...if it is, it sounds horrible. It almost sounds like theres an annoying kid whinning in the back seat...Wuahhhhhhh~! But again, I am sure its very subjective, and thats just me....the sound just doesn't do for me. Great work on the power gain tho!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger Porsche 996C2 GROUP BUY