GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A.W.E. Tuning 997 GT3 Exhaust -- Official Product Release -- 13 November 2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
****UPDATE****

A client of our was gracious enough to lend us his car for software testing. G.I.A.C. has reached out and offered to do a custom tune specific to our exhaust!

Results will be posted shortly.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to see the results.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
GT3PTY is on a distinguished road
another update....

I just got a system from AWE last week.... for people with real race knowledge and fabrication as well, it is state of the art! The welding quality, bending, header collector and materials, shows the amount of work and development this people spent manufacturing a top quality product, that not only will look and sound nice, but also will last for a long time and will add power to the car everywhere along the power curve on the Dynograph... Can´t wait to see the results now with the GIAC tune... I will do a full coverage on the exhaust later on in a couple of weeks with pictures.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:57 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
^ Can't wait. Which tips did you get?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
GT3PTY is on a distinguished road
I got the Black Diamond tips.... very nice looking....

Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
so nice looking it makes me want a 997 GT3 -- well done!
ya it really does lololol

Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Mike, how's the progress with the GT3 exhaust/GIAC tuning coming? I'm just anxious I guess, LOL

Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 PM
steve@digitalho is on a distinguished road
ECU Tuning

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
We have received many calls and emails regarding our unique exhaust system for the new 997 GT3 and GT3RS. The wait is over and we are shipping systems as I type this. Do not worry, we have more on the shelf ready to go.

Many of you have seen the competitors offerings. We urge you to consider ours.

Aside from the fact that we have done over 150 dyno runs on multiple cars and posted our dyno sheets, here is a list of other notable features and benefits:

- 321 Stainless Steel headers
- 200 cell German HJS catalytic converters
- 304 Stainless Steel mufflers and tubing
- 16 lbs weight savings over stock
- TIG Purge Welded for highest weld strength
- No loss of ground clearance
- Optional Diamond Black tips
- Optional tailpipe turndowns for track noise limits

We spent many hours in R&D trying to find the perfect combination of tubing diameters, lengths, and materials. We inspected and studied the factory components on Porsche's Motorsport variants, the Cup and Cup RSR. We have also logged hundreds of abusive track miles.

All of the was pivotal in the fact that we did not lose any horsepower or torque anywhere in the powerband. For those that are familiar with normally aspirated aftermarket exhausts know that this is almost unheard of. This we feel is the most impressive feature.

The below gains were found when dynoing the car in the Sport Mode.

AWE Tuning GT3, GT3 RS Complete System

321 grade stainless steel headers

German HJS catalytic converters, additional O2 sensor bung
for wideband monitoring, OEM mounting hardware

Precision machined V-band flanges for proper tip alignment

Hand finished 321 grade stainless steel race collectors

CNC flycut header flanges

Optional Diamond Black tips

TIG purge welded construction

Thank you for reading. More info, including video, can be found on our web site. Just click the link below.

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...=997gt3exhaust

If you have any specific questions, please post them up or email me.

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Have a great day.
Hi Mike, have you guy's tried a REVO Programmable flash. I like your design. I use the Cargraphic which was out first so I didn't have much choice. It's also a well designed system. I didn't really make any serious Hp around 12, until we modified their program for stock exhaust. When we increased fuel quite a bit, timing a little, due to 91 octane, and Throttle speed settings, the motor really woke up. Your system is doing the job i'm sure but you have opened it up, now it needs more fuel and timing. My RS run's so much stronger now it's like a different car. I pull away from a stock RS with ease.
Steve