GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SharkWerks GT3 Extinguisher Kit Released

Old 12-29-2006, 10:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
SharkWerks GT3 Extinguisher Kit Released

Hey fellow 6speeders, I know that over the past year quite a few of you have Emailed/called/requested us to re-introduce the fire extinguisher kit that I had in my car. I wanted to let you know that we _do_ have a Fire Extinguisher kit available again for all 996s with GT3 seats. Note: you must have a Porsche/Recaro GT3 seat in order to use our kit. I’m told these will work with some other recaro SPG styles but that has yet to be confirmed. Stock and sport seats do NOT work with this application at this time.

Right now we’re making a run of 25 kits (about half of those are already spoken for and have been promised from way back) but if there’s enough demand we can make more. The bracket is now lighter weight/lower profile and is designed to mount a 2.5pound Halon 1211 aluminium cylinder fire extinguisher as shown in the pictures. We usually mount the kits underneath the passenger-side seat but it can also be done over on the driver’s side as well with little interference. There are several options; you can choose a silver or black bracket (these are neat because they disappear with black carpet if you want to go for a stealth look) along with a powder-coated red, white, black or polished extinguisher.

If you are interested in being added to the list and ordering a kit please drop us a line to alex@sharkwerks.com or call 510-651-0300 with your request in terms of desired colors/set ups and contact information. Please do _not_ send Credit Card or other payment information at this time. Right now we just want to know how many and who wants what. Once we’re ready to ship in a couple of weeks we will contact you for shipping/payment etc.. Thanks!

Here is the product page for more info: http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=11

Pricing will be as follows:
Black/Red/White Powder Coated extinguisher, brackets and hardware with either black/silver seat bracket is:
$420

Polished extinguisher, brackets and hardware with either black/silver seat bracket is: $440

Here are some close ups of a prototype on a car today:

Old 12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
bump....oops...how about just the bracket for those of us who have an fe and don't care for the pos brey-krause bracket?

Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Chuck... I can sell the bracket seperately but it is _designed_ to work with this one but let me know which FE you have

Old 12-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
this one...

Old 12-30-2006, 12:40 AM
OK so one SE bracket for you then sir... silver or black?

Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Administrator
<nudge> I would prefer black but will accept silver if no one else requests black...I'm easy...

Old 12-30-2006, 01:32 PM
You got it!

Old 12-30-2006, 03:00 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Can you get the bracket in black?

Old 12-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Absolutely. The bracket come in black or silver/brushed

Old 12-30-2006, 03:28 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Can we get the bottle in RS Orange?

Old 12-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by fayence
Can we get the bottle in RS Orange?
Only in RS Green Actually at this time no but obviously for our RS we'll be getting it done custom to that and I'm sure we can for Orange also.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the Emails/PMs guys. I've got this run pretty much done and it looks like we'll be doing another run of these again. I got all of the extinguishers in.. I'll post pix. Pretty trick looking in either red, polished, black or white

For the guys that Emailed me and are on the list. ETA is 2-2.5weeks at this point and I'll then be Emailing/Contacting you. Cheers!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, extinguishers are in and I'll post some pix shortly. Brackets should be here by mid-next week and we'll be good to go

Old 01-26-2007, 12:16 PM
OK looks like we're pretty much ready. Just going to do some final installs today locally and final-test it all and we should be ready to go

Here's a pic of the silver and black brackets:

The silver one is much nicer than the proto-type:

I'm going with black on mine...

Silver with red FE:

Old 01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey guys it was great dealing with you all and I'm down to just two black FE's and one white. For those of you that are doing your own installations we wrote up a quick guide to help you through it (very easy). Just be _sure_ to use the provided set screws. Do not use the ones from Safecraft that attach the shipping plate to the FE. Remove that and discard those screws and use the ones we give you instead

http://www.sharkwerks.com/images/dow...structions.doc

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks GT3 Extinguisher Kit Released