GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Track Day Insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:13 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Track Day Insurance

Hey guys,

Every time I search for track day insurance online it gives me all UK sites. Are all of you risking your cars totally out there, or do you have a place to do this? I found one guy named Chris Maume with Prosure who said they could do it. I filled out everything for him and it's been 3 months of me emailing him asking him what's up. He sometimes writes back saying that they're on it, but never gets back to me. It's insane. HELP!

Note: I'm in the US.

Thanks VERY much, as this has me a bit worried.

Jared

Old 06-29-2008, 12:46 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Check out:
Jean DeWitt
jeand@wsibinsurance.com
Ph: 866-904-9742 X2507
Fax: 866-974-2329

She got me a quote right away.

Besides the fact that I've lost flexibility and strength in my ankle (due to motorcycle accident), having to pay $700-1000 per event for track insurance has taken my 6GT3 off the track. Used to be my normal insurance carrier (USAA) covered me. No more. And I'm uncomfortable running the car without coverage. Seems a bit strange since in the near 13 years of 4-6 DE weekends per year, I only wrecked once, but that was $18K worth. Not worth it to me.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:48 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by blakt out
Hey guys,

Every time I search for track day insurance online it gives me all UK sites. Are all of you risking your cars totally out there, or do you have a place to do this? I found one guy named Chris Maume with Prosure who said they could do it. I filled out everything for him and it's been 3 months of me emailing him asking him what's up. He sometimes writes back saying that they're on it, but never gets back to me. It's insane. HELP!

Note: I'm in the US.

Thanks VERY much, as this has me a bit worried.

Jared
Yea, go take a peek over on Rennlist about that guy. Go with WSIB. That's who i use, and know a lot of other people who use them (one even had a claim and they paid).

Last edited by rmag; 07-01-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Switch companies to a regular carrier that still covers DE - they are out there... As you said, hard to justify spending $1k per event for special coverage, when $1k would pretty much cover the whole annual premium for a company that does not exclude DE.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:54 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Can you suggest any companies? It may vary by state, but I haven't found any that write in CA that will so cover.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
it would be nice if the hosting club gets proactive at this and starts offering insurance to attendees. bmwcca-ggc brought this topic up at one point and people were all for it, provided it wouldn't be too expensive.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
I get my track insurance through Farnbacher-Loles who provides track support and takes care of my GT3. For a non-pro race or DE it's pretty cheap, a no-brainer. Not sure if they will sell policies to anyone though, but maybe they can give you more info.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
The Laurel Group (Peter)

I got a quote last year on my 996 GT3

Estimated value at $80K

for 30 track days a year it was $3500 and a $12000 (twelve thousand dollar) deductible...

I passed.

I need a 15 day package that is half the price and a reasonable deductible.

He said that they used to offer 10 day and 20 day packages but they stopped... my guess is that if you are going 30 times per year, you can "self insure"...

Old 07-10-2008, 10:32 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know, man. I will run 30 a year now (I'm on pace, once I get back in the states and my car is done being set up) and I've self-insured one small incident (that was insanely expensive) already. Don't want to do that again for sure. I'll check these out. Sorry I haven't been thanking you all for your input. Been traveling so much lately.

Any other? I'd LOVE to know about the regular insurances that don't exclude DEs.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Mike R. is on a distinguished road
I'm insured with WSIB as well. While my auto carrier doesn't specifically exclude DE events, I don't want to involve them in the event of a track mishap.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PJS
The Laurel Group (Peter)

I got a quote last year on my 996 GT3

Estimated value at $80K

for 30 track days a year it was $3500 and a $12000 (twelve thousand dollar) deductible...

I passed.

I need a 15 day package that is half the price and a reasonable deductible.

He said that they used to offer 10 day and 20 day packages but they stopped... my guess is that if you are going 30 times per year, you can "self insure"...
I believe laurelde is out of business now. I used them 2 years ago. There deductibles were ridiculous

Old 07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
WSIB quote for 4 events only:
Value - $7K
Excess (aka deductible) - $3280
Premium - $2590

Note that I'm an "older" guy with an excellent driving record.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Mike R. is on a distinguished road
Jumpin Joe - Value $70K, right?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I went to Century insurance who was willing to take a shot at writing DE insurance per DE, kind of a sign up for it at the time you sign up for the DE like when you rent a car pay extra for insurance. However I could not get PCA national to release the 5 years of data relating to the number of people who participate in DE's and the number and type of incidents so they could rate it. Its a state by state think Ohio still provides the coverage in most (but not all) polices.

I predict it will get to the point that no street coverage insurors will insure then it will be more difficult to get compititon in this area.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
My standard Fireman's Fund policy covers DE events. Required a lot of back-and-forth but they ultimately agreed. Not cheap coverage however.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track Day Insurance