GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

7gt3 laguna seca mod

Old 04-10-2009, 12:43 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
7gt3 laguna seca mod

as many of you already know, a stock 7gt3 cannot pass 92db sound limit at laguna seca. much worse if you have a sharkwerks bypass. this (reverseable) mod will drop the noise significantly on both stock and especially cars fitted with sharkwerks bypass.

7gt3 noise level data points from laguna sound booth:
a. sharkwerks bypass w/ sport button off: 97.2 db
b. sharkwerks bypass w/ sport button on: 101.3 db
c. sharkwerks bypass w/ the mod (vacuum valves always close): 87.3 db!
d. stock w/ sport button on: 95.7 db (from an RS)

all datapoints above were taken @ 3rd gear, ~6krpm pass the sound booth. same car, same driver except for stock setup which was from an RS. a/b/d and c were done on different days but weather was roughly same 9am-ish overcast at laguna.

so here's the mod:

all you need is this tube connector for the 1/4" vacuum hoses. i paid $165 (don't laugh) for this at the dealer + the howto "lesson" + some security that things will not break by doing this mod. you should be able to find something similar at the local home depot for 25 cents.

locate this "solenoid thingy" at the right side of the engine. this acts sort of a relay to either vacuum off or on (i.e. exhaust valves open or close)
in this pic, i already removed the clips that holds the hoses tight. i feel you don't really need those clips, the hoses fits snug.

in no particular order, disconnect one of the two hoses. i disconnect the lower hose first.

fit hose into one end of the tube connector.

disconnect top hose.

fit hose into other end of the tube connector.

that's it. exhaust valves now always shut. now go play laguna or whatever track you're at with low noise restrictions. some may wonder about losing/gaining power/torque. i don't know. i didn't feel any difference. reverse procedure to put things back to normal.

btw, if you're still running stock, you're missing out on some great music!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Joe you're a star mate! Thanks for showing people just how to run at Laguna Seca and pass the sound police- even with our bypass!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Joe you're a star mate! Thanks for showing people just how to run at Laguna Seca and pass the sound police- even with our bypass!
your phone should be ringing off the hook.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
your phone should be ringing off the hook.
Hehe thanks man

Set of tips for you sir?

Old 04-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Andrew D. is on a distinguished road
Joe,

Thanks for this info! I've heard about lots of expensive mods to meet the sound restrictions. If your solution works, I'll be running Laguna with the POC this summer.

Andrew

Old 04-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Slow4s has a spectacular aura aboutSlow4s has a spectacular aura about
Awesome post!!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Great info, thanks for sharing...

Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
dang joe, you're hardcore.....lol

good info bro..

Old 04-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
galing mo!!

Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Andrew D.
Joe,

Thanks for this info! I've heard about lots of expensive mods to meet the sound restrictions. If your solution works, I'll be running Laguna with the POC this summer.

Andrew
oh it works alright. here's an alternative

Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 PM
ROFL that only took a couple of mintues to fab up...

Old 04-11-2009, 01:03 PM
xmugenxdc5x is on a distinguished road
Good to know info

Old 04-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Andrew D. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedoflight
oh it works alright. here's an alternative
That is !

Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Awesome, + rep for you...

Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 PM
deutschmick is on a distinguished road
Damn. I want to get the bypass and now I want it even more so I can do the mod.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 7gt3 laguna seca mod