GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

ALMS Laguna - corvette FTL!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Thumbs down ALMS Laguna - corvette FTL!

GT2 class corvette No 3 and 4 are bunch of idiot and bully the whole day at Laguna this past weekend. First vette No 4 took out 3 cars at turn 2 by going too fast and forcing the issue (1:24 in the video below) - which took out race leader GT3 from GMG. Then the same No 4 clipped a prototype and ended it's day

We all know about what happen at the end with vette No 3 and GT3 RSR #45. I am glad Bergmeister stood his ground with the RSR!!

Bone head vette boys at ALMS

Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
ya, the Corvette guys drove like *** clowns from what you show in the video.

Payback is a B!%CH. Way to go PORSCHE!!!!!!

-Troy

Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
ya, the Corvette guys drove like *** clowns from what you show in the video.

Payback is a B!%CH. Way to go PORSCHE!!!!!!

-Troy
It's funny how these things goes. I enjoy a competitive race but not a bunch of bone heads out to end other people's race

Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mikymu
It's funny how these things goes. I enjoy a competitive race but not a bunch of bone heads out to end other people's race

Rule #1 If in doubt, take em out!

Rule #2 Punt em in the ***, put em in the grass!

Road racing rules to live by.

Corvette just got a taste of what you get when you don't race clean.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 10-13-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
What #45 did was pretty messed up too.

I'm guessing there is going to be a lot of reviews and sanctions here for both Porsche and Corvette.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NewSong

I'm guessing there is going to be a lot of reviews and sanctions here for both Porsche and Corvette.
Both of them under probation for next year, but no change to the results of the race...

The Corvettes were throwing their weight around all day and drove numerous other competitors off track, especially coming out of turn 2.. I'm all for hard racing and have pulled off some pretty hard moves myself on track, but still.. that was all a bit too much I think..

Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Rule #1 If in doubt, take em out!

Rule #2 Punt em in the ***, put em in the grass!

Road racing rules to live by.

Corvette just got a taste of what you get when you don't race clean.

-Troy
Yup, you could say that again!

#45 had to to protect his line and position especially when someone dive bomb and hit him in the rear into a turn. You had to see the entire race. What the corvette guys did was just ugly. These teams spend so much money and time just to make it this far and then some bone head bombo bee with big V8 smash into you and end the season.

Originally Posted by 80shilling
Both of them under probation for next year, but no change to the results of the race...

The Corvettes were throwing their weight around all day and drove numerous other competitors off track, especially coming out of turn 2.. I'm all for hard racing and have pulled off some pretty hard moves myself on track, but still.. that was all a bit too much I think..
Probation for both ....?

Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !

Probation for both ....?
Yup... BOTH...

IMSA announced Monday that it has placed Flying Lizard Motorsports’ Jorg Bergmeister and Corvette Racing’s Jan Magnussen on a two-race probation period for the start of the 2010 American Le Mans Series season, following Saturday’s GT2 battle at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Yup... BOTH...

IMSA announced Monday that it has placed Flying Lizard Motorsports’ Jorg Bergmeister and Corvette Racing’s Jan Magnussen on a two-race probation period for the start of the 2010 American Le Mans Series season, following Saturday’s GT2 battle at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Interesting and thanks for the link.

Here is the detail account:

Magnussen managed to take the lead with two minutes remaining, passing Bergmeister on the front straight in the pit exit lane. But he later had to surrender the position because officials deemed it an illegal pass. However, Magnussen quickly closed back up to the Porsche on the final lap.

The two collided in the final corner and began banging fenders in the drag race to the checkered flag. Bergmeister dived to the inside, with Magnussen getting clipped by the Porsche, sending him hard into the concrete wall just shy of the start/finish line. Bergmeister wound up taking the win by 1.037 seconds.

The controversial finish sent shock waves through the paddock afterward, but IMSA made no adjustments to the final results. They instead elected to place Bergmeister and Magnussen on probation.

Should either driver commit further offenses in the first two rounds next year, they will receive at minimum a two-race ban from competition

-- Leave it to the bombo bee to pass the RSR on pit exit lane lol

Last edited by mikymu; 10-14-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:20 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Exclamation

#45 had to to protect his line and position especially when someone dive bomb and hit him in the rear into a turn. You had to see the entire race. What the corvette guys did was just ugly. These teams spend so much money and time just to make it this far and then some bone head bombo bee with big V8 smash into you and end the season.

Yeah, it sucks when people are driving aggressive as to mess up your line, but a crash like that could've resulted in serious injury. Thank God no one was hurt.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, it sucks when people are driving aggressive as to mess up your line, but a crash like that could've resulted in serious injury. Thank God no one was hurt.
Yes, that is to be thankful that no one was hurt. They even stand next to each other for photo on the podium lol

Last edited by mikymu; 10-13-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
dayum i hope this doesn't send backlash to the vette guys at our DEs. no need to rough me up cos i'm in a porsche. i give you point-by.

was there a fist fight afterwards?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
dayum i hope this doesn't send backlash to the vette guys at our DEs. no need to rough me up cos i'm in a porsche. i give you point-by.

was there a fist fight afterwards?
They were caught beating each other up with their carbon fiber wings ... and the Porsche guy pin the Corvette dude to the wall lol

We will be faster than the corvette guys once we get our LSD fixed

It was really sad to see James Sofronas' GT3 cup car all beat up sitting in the GMG booth. He dominated the speed world challenge GT race the next day

Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
lvrs is on a distinguished road
Jorg wasnt going to lose another one by getting punted in the rear at the last turn. Last time it was the Risi 430 that punted him to the side and took the race win. He learned from that and held his ground against the Corvette (who as stated was driving like an idiot all race), and took the win!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by lvrs
Jorg wasnt going to lose another one by getting punted in the rear at the last turn. Last time it was the Risi 430 that punted him to the side and took the race win. He learned from that and held his ground against the Corvette (who as stated was driving like an idiot all race), and took the win!
Well said and Jörg was not going to let some bully push him around especially with that dive bomb stunt at the last turn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ALMS Laguna - corvette FTL!