Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > GT3/GT2/GT
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

GT3/GT2/GT Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3, GT2, and the Carrera GT
Sponsored By ECS Tuning

Best wax for clear bra? Also - best product for removing "track smudges"?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM

avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Best wax for clear bra? Also - best product for removing "track smudges"?

After a weekend at the track, I have those annoying track smudges all over the front of my car - which has been fully wrapped with a clear bra. Normally they just rub right off..... but these are being a pain - probably because of the cool weather.

Whats the best - and safest - way to get them off? I know some cleaner waxes will work, but whats best for the clear bra? I know im not supposed to use anything that is yellow in color as it can stain the clear bra.

thanks!
Cessna 400
Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Administrator

GT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond repute
your post was moved to the detail section...you should get better responses there...as for the rubber smudges goo gone works just fine
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 PM

avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck View Post
your post was moved to the detail section...you should get better responses there...as for the rubber smudges goo gone works just fine
ya, sorry, didnt realize that! I just thought I forgot to click the "post" button!

thanks!
Cessna 400
Old 01-23-2010, 12:06 AM

SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
I just used the Premier Mobile PF1 TTR on my car.

Cone or Tire Marks on Your Clear Bra? Premier's New Solution

It is really good stuff. I could not get the black marks removed with typical car wash soap.

Sprayed a little on and wiped with a microfiber towel and it comes right off.

Here are some before and after pics.

Click the image to open in full size.

Premier also sells cleaner and wax too.

Give them a call or just drive over to their place in Anaheim.

By the way, make sure you use some gloves when using the cleaner. It is really strong stuff and may irritate your skin.

Last edited by SKXF430; 01-23-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added more
Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKXF430 View Post
I just used the Premier Mobile PF1 TTR on my car.

It is really good stuff. I could not get the black marks removed with typical car wash soap.

Sprayed a little on and wiped with a microfiber towel and it comes right off.

Here are some before and after pics.

Premier also sells cleaner and wax too.

Give them a call or just drive over to their place in Anaheim.

By the way, make sure you use some gloves when using the cleaner. It is really strong stuff and may irritate your skin.
Awesome! Premier did my custom wrap so I'll stop in and pick up their product! thanks!
Cessna 400
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Basic Sponsor

Premier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting some pictures.....

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-406-1500 sales@premiermobilegroup.com

Review
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...hlight=premier
Premier Facebook!! http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 AM

SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
anytime.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:37 AM

sparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond reputesparkhill has a reputation beyond repute
Premier TTR is amazing!

I support SharkWerks because they support me.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 AM

10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
i have the same issue. tried regular wax but way to much work. i'll try the premier product also.

alan
Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 AM

landjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond reputelandjet has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for TTR. I use it after tracking. Very easy to use and quick cleanup. I was advised by Greg of Premier to use detail spray after using TTR to neutralize it.

TTR also removed a stain that Plexus could not.

Last edited by landjet; 01-25-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 AM

ooberge is on a distinguished road
try miracle wash by amsoil http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/amw.aspx that wath i use worke perfectly
Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 AM

mikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond reputemikymu has a reputation beyond repute
This is what I use - Meguiar's A1216 Car Cleaner/Liquid Wax. It take off track smudge with a quick flick and wax the car and clear bra in the same time.

Gone
07 GT3 RS, 06 BMW M3
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 AM

PAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond reputePAULIEWALNUTS has a reputation beyond repute
I this on the clear bra portion & Zymol on everything else. Goes on & comes off easy & provides great protection.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tech wax.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	114465
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 PM

I picked up the Premiere TTR and, as stated by everyone above, its simply awesome! Makes removal of the smudges effortless!!
Cessna 400
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Basic Sponsor

Premier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I picked up the Premiere TTR and, as stated by everyone above, its simply awesome! Makes removal of the smudges effortless!!
For the track nuts, we've had problems with the rubber marks. It took some time with R&D, but the product is a blessing to us especially when customers come in with cars just coming back from the track.

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-406-1500 sales@premiermobilegroup.com

Review
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...hlight=premier
Premier Facebook!! http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM

Tags
bra, car, cleaning, clear, clearbra, custom, houston, invisible, m3, pf1, removal, ttr, wash, wax, waxing, white