GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best Aftermarket Exhaust for 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 PM
sfbimmer is on a distinguished road
Sharkwerks is developing (or has developed) a center exit exhaust a la GT3 cup. It's loud/throaty aggressive just what it sounds like you are looking for. Saves some nice weight off the rear as well.

www.sharkwerks.com

Call and talk to Alex!

(no affiliation, just a happy repeat customer)

Old 01-28-2010, 09:01 AM
thedoctor will become famous soon enough
Thank you all for the useful replies to my post.

Just to add that i am not looking to replace or modify the rear bumper, so a center exit is not an option for me.

Looks like, to summarise the posts so far, these are the best options:

- GMG
- Cargraphic
- Brombacher FVD
- Manthey
- ASP

I will look into each in more detail...

The only one were price is mentioned is FVD (approx. $5000), any indication on ballpark price for the others?

Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 AM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
That's PJS' car here on the forums and the one I was referring to above. There's a local member here in Seattle that has that same system for sale, only is uses the regular 996 GT3 side exit exhaust layout.....
Yes, Its a great system. Both him and Daryl run the ASP exhausts, I used to work with Charles (Of ASP) at Barrier Porsche. He's a smart guy, they build some amazing pipes.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:06 PM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Manthey kit with map + filter + full exhaust with header is about 9k GBP so 15k USD if they aren't cutting US any slack. Expensive.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sfbimmer
Sharkwerks is developing (or has developed) a center exit exhaust a la GT3 cup. It's loud/throaty aggressive just what it sounds like you are looking for. Saves some nice weight off the rear as well.

www.sharkwerks.com

Call and talk to Alex!

(no affiliation, just a happy repeat customer)
Hehe thanks man... We have to get together... the three of us 6GT3's with the RS wings on some point Looking at your front end means we have to do something there now too

Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
The ASP pipe is a custom pipe and built to your specs. Will not speak for Charles however, both PJS and mine are of similar design, PJ is center exit, mine is OEM side exit. Premium materials where used: Burns light weight mufflers, minimum 304 stainless tubes, merge collectors, etc. List price: @$6,500. Depending on how you spec for your, GT3 could range $5,500 - $6,500.

Worth noting: This ASP system replaced a full GEMBALLA/Cargraphics system consisting of: Equal length long tube headers, connected X-center section, mufflers and tips. Lets just say the difference between the two where night and day. Worksmanship, power and TQ, weight, sound, ground clearance.

Neither PJS nor I are affliated with ASP. Only satisfied return customers. Charles is building a new system for my RS that will retain the sport button. With sport button off, it will sound like the current OEM system with sport button on. With the sport button on, it will sound like a Cup car.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-29-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: not the place for a classified
Old 01-29-2010, 05:01 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM
cfjan is on a distinguished road
That will be awesome!! Looking forward to seeing / hearing the end result!!

Originally Posted by D-UberCars
With sport button off, it will sound like the current OEM system with sport button on. With the sport button on, it will sound like a Cup car.