GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Black Friday @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Smile Black Friday @ SharkWerks

Today was a weird day but in a good way that is... We're so used to seeing white GT3s here (a good thing) so it was neat to see a rare black 2007 GT3, a black 2004 996 GT3 and as well as a brand new black 2010 GT3.

An early morning start and in comes the 2010:

The 2007 MK1 black GT3 came into us for a GT3RS clutch & flywheel conversion, our exhaust and the Evomsit software. There she is next to the 2004 GT3 (getting a LOT of stuff):

Here's the 2010 getting worked on first:

Off with that stock exhaust:

On goes ze SharkWerks bypass:

There she is ready to go home:

Now it's over to the 2007:

On the lift she goes and out comes the transmission:

In goes the single mass flywheel:

Off comes the steel gt3 pulley:

On goes the GT3RS pulley:

Off with the stock bumper and exhaust:

We then installed the sharkwerks bypass and our larger diameter tips:

Over to the interior (which had 996GT3 seats moved over from his previous car) and we installed some Rennline gear:

Here's a shot of the light-weight HRE Competition C-20 wheels:

Off for a test drive:

There she is ready to go home (and spend some time at the track):

And then on to the 996GT3, which came back from a cage at Tony's. She's got Moton ClubSport suspension, a Guard LSD, a LWF, RS tail (coming), GT3 seats, Cup rotor conversion and then some more which I'll post later:

Last edited by sharkster; 01-15-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Nice work as always...

Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
very very nice. if that doesn't get the drool going, nothing will.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
The stock market took a dump today.....but all looks well in PCar Heaven....Black Friday has a new meaning

Alex you have the best job in the world my friend and frankly I am jealous Gosh Darn IT!
.......let me know if you ever want to open up a South East Coast Sharkwerks Operation

Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
windydog is on a distinguished road
must be nice to go to work.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Rough day at the office Alex! I feel really bad for you...not!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
you guys are awesome.....

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i thought u were having a huge sale!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Alex, what size tires and wheels did you use?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
Second that ... I thought I was going to see a clearance rack full of 3.9L

Hey Alex. where are the quick release clips again for the tranny? I know you show me before but I forgot how to get the tranny off in 5 minutes. Was it the one with the danger sticker next to it?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 PM
GT34LES is on a distinguished road
Alex...I feel left out of the party

I should have stopped by, been thinking about installing a black roll cage. I have that itch to install something on the car.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 AM
JWGT2 will become famous soon enoughJWGT2 will become famous soon enough
what a BEAUTIFUL sight....
quit teasing me...can't wait to pick her up.

Man that 997gt3 looks wicked in black...

Old 01-16-2010, 05:21 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Great post Alex,looking at those GT3's is a nice way to escape reality the legal way.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Great post Alex,looking at those GT3's is a nice way to escape reality the legal way.
Cheers Paulie it GT3s=pure escapism for sure mate
Originally Posted by JWGT2
what a BEAUTIFUL sight....
quit teasing me...can't wait to pick her up.

Man that 997gt3 looks wicked in black...
Hehe yes they do... yours looks a LOT better with the RS wing on there now I think Bob's just finishing her up today so you'll be good to go. James/I are going to get started on our white one a lil' next week- some very neat stuff

Originally Posted by GT34LES
Alex...I feel left out of the party

I should have stopped by, been thinking about installing a black roll cage. I have that itch to install something on the car.
Hehe sorry man! Come by anytime... I'll show you a few options, Tony's proper cage (like in our white GT3) vs a harness bar etc...

Originally Posted by mikymu
Second that ... I thought I was going to see a clearance rack full of 3.9L

Hey Alex. where are the quick release clips again for the tranny? I know you show me before but I forgot how to get the tranny off in 5 minutes. Was it the one with the danger sticker next to it?

ROFL! That's right there's only like 2 quick release tabs for the tranny and the coolant magically drains and goes back in again It doesn't weight very much so you could probably bend press it!

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Alex, what size tires and wheels did you use?
factory 305/30/19 and 235/35/19 and stock on the 996...

Originally Posted by speedoflight
Everything must go... except for the GT3s

Originally Posted by nyamg
you guys are awesome.....
Ah thanks mate... it was just a weird day I guess. People complaining about the stock market, it was a Friday and the black theme for GT3s made a nice change

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Rough day at the office Alex! I feel really bad for you...not!
I know it sucks... Poor James though... transmissions/flywheels in and out Exhausts on and off. I must say it was really "hard" to flash the ECUs

Originally Posted by windydog
must be nice to go to work.
Yes sir it is!

Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
The stock market took a dump today.....but all looks well in PCar Heaven....Black Friday has a new meaning

Alex you have the best job in the world my friend and frankly I am jealous Gosh Darn IT!
.......let me know if you ever want to open up a South East Coast Sharkwerks Operation
Aw thanks. This past week was pretty neat indeed. Got to drive some fancy cars (not yet released), got to drive the 3.9 on some great roads and then came home to the shop with GT3s to play with.

PS Gotta get you one of ours lil' pipes for yours too

Originally Posted by thealexman
very very nice. if that doesn't get the drool going, nothing will.
Roger that!

Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Nice work as always...
Thanks mate!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
ROFL! That's right there's only like 2 quick release tabs for the tranny and the coolant magically drains and goes back in again It doesn't weight very much so you could probably bend press it!
Consider I almost dislocate my shoulder shoving the LSD back in the tranny case, I will use wood blocks again for tranny removal lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Black Friday @ SharkWerks