GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best Aftermarket Exhaust for 996 GT3

Old 01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
thedoctor will become famous soon enough
Best Aftermarket Exhaust for 996 GT3

Looking for a loud, aggressive sound primarily, and wouldn't mind any power gains either

What is the best bang-for-my-buck option? Will i need to do headers and cats, or will mufflers alone do the trick?

Do not have any emissions control in my country so can pretty much go wild!

Did some quick research and it seems these are the top options:

- Kreissieg F1 Valvetronic (expensive!!! $9000 ?!?!?)
- Meisterschaft (mufflers, headers and both exhaust tips) ($5000)
- Fabspeed
- Cargraphic

Any comments on best option?
Is a cat-bypass system a good idea? and muffler bypass?

If yes, then maybe a good option is Fabspeed Maxflo headers ($2000) + cat-bypass ($550) + muffler bypass ($550)... Total cost = $3100

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Check with FVD. Call Rhonda at 1-800-274-2220 ext.14

Old 01-26-2010, 11:08 AM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
Either FVD(M&M) or Europipe.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Cargraphic

A very simple upgrade would be the mufflers and the price is not bad at all.

We've done many 996 GT3's upgrading to the Cargraphic Super Sound Sport Mufflers, Part # CARP96GT3ETS.

Stainless steel, features a nice throaty, Porsche motorsports sound, adds about 7 HP/TQ and saves some weight.

The sound clip doesn't do it justice but give it a listen and feel free to contact me for more information and pricing:

http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...P96GT3ETS1.mp3

Cargraphic also offers additional power kits for the 996 GT3 depending on your needs, but the upgraded mufflers will do the trick and wont break the bank...

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
GMG introduces its WC-GT Sport Muffler system for 996 GT3 applications.

GMG is proud to introduce our direct replacement World Challenge Sport muffler set for the 996 GT3. Utilizing the same muffler design as our World Challenge cup cars to offer an amazing sound reminiscent of our World Challenge race cars. Our proprietary Muffler design offers the driver an aggressive exhaust note without annoying interior resonance or drone. Our muffler design has NO power loss and offers a weight savings of over 50% over the stock muffler set. Additionally testing has shown that our muffler design flows more air than a muffler by-pass straight pipe. Designed as a direct bolt on replacement, the muffler set will bolt up to stock tips or any aftermarket tip that mounts in a stock location. Made of Tig welded T304 stainless steel throughout including the muffler packing. Additonal features include mandrel bent tubing for optimized exhaust flow.
Weight savings over stock: 50%

Each system is hand built to order.

* wholesale inquiries welcome
** world wide shipping available
*** Installation available at our facility or one of Authorized dealers worldwide

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exhaust_gmg_wc996gt3.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywZMXEx6pA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYHJXtX5nS8

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 01-26-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
GMG - it appears your pipes don't line up with the rear PU?

To the original poster, I like the Manthey kits as they give power + sound. Expensive though for a remap, paper filter and full exhaust system.

Cargraphic seems slightly better value but I've seen complaints that their equal length headers hang down too low under the car and are vulnerable which strikes me as poor design.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
thedoctor,

Are you looking for this type of sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1EzEKwp6XQ

If so I can help you. That is our 996 GT3 Race exhaust shown below...

pm or email me and I will be happy to elaborate...

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
You might want to talk to PJS on the boards here. He has a pretty slick setup that was custom made here in Seattle. They might be able to do something for you as well.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=10943

Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DanH
GMG - it appears your pipes don't line up with the rear PU?

To the original poster, I like the Manthey kits as they give power + sound. Expensive though for a remap, paper filter and full exhaust system.

Cargraphic seems slightly better value but I've seen complaints that their equal length headers hang down too low under the car and are vulnerable which strikes me as poor design.

Not sure what you are refering to .. The mufflers are a direct replacement system no issues with installation or fitment.. Maybe its the picture angle?

Either way... They do fit correctly...

Old 01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the link to our website for the race system shown above...

Brombacher 996 GT3 race system

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
My two cents. Fantastic sound and design.

http://advancedstreetperformance.com...rs_porsche.php

Old 01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Not sure what you are refering to .. The mufflers are a direct replacement system no issues with installation or fitment.. Maybe its the picture angle?

Either way... They do fit correctly...
I was just looking at the static shot from the first video. It looked like the tips were either hanging low or sticking out a long way. I'm probably wrong

Old 01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PWR2LBS
My two cents. Fantastic sound and design.

http://advancedstreetperformance.com...rs_porsche.php
That's PJS' car here on the forums and the one I was referring to above. There's a local member here in Seattle that has that same system for sale, only is uses the regular 996 GT3 side exit exhaust layout.....

Old 01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Europipe (mufflers & cats) is great if you want something that is just slightly louder than stock. Manthey (headers, mufflers & cats) is another high quality system, but borders on loud.

Attached Images   

Last edited by jmla; 01-27-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Here is the link to our website for the race system shown above...

Brombacher 996 GT3 race system
Rhonda,
It appears that there are two different header designs pictured, can you explain the difference?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Exhaust for 996 GT3