GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Akrapovic race + 2010 GT3 = Before/After dyno, pics and vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 AM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Video Akrapovic race exhaust system + 2010 GT3 = Before/After dyno, pics and vids

1080p HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CzfbyTz1A

480p HD (new vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OcHXkQe9Io

720p HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxiod...layer_embedded

SAE DynoJet results (Same day before and after)

STD DynoJet results (Same day before and after)

The baseline results are from the car 100% stock, deckled closed, and 93 gas. The "after" dyno, everything is stock, except the Akrapovic race (100cel cats) system. ECU is currently STOCK, and will be done in a couple of weeks, together with intake filter. I'll post some picture and videos tomorrow. The sound really does have the ingredients of perfection. The results, show 18+ hp @ 5800 rpm and 4300 rpm. Torque 20+ lbs @ 4300 rpm and 5900 rpm. 12 hp gain @ 8400 rpm. Consistent gains from 3.8K rpm all the way to the 8500 redline. 62 lbs weight loss. Not bad at all for exhaust only and same day dynos, unlike others....

More to come......

Last edited by GT1; 04-19-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Just merged all the vids into one with better quality ^

Old 04-17-2010, 06:22 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
favorite car and 1 of the best exhausts

Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
That sounds incredible! I don't care if I can see the muffler more than I'd like to now. This sound > any cosmetic discrepancies

Old 04-17-2010, 07:22 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
Fantastic!!

Old 04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
GT1
Originally Posted by sammyrusso
favorite car and 1 of the best exhausts
Originally Posted by DBV
That sounds incredible! I don't care if I can see the muffler more than I'd like to now. This sound > any cosmetic discrepancies
Originally Posted by czechchamp
Fantastic!!
Thanks. I wish everyone could hear it in person

Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Does sound absolutely awesome! Do you have any *** shots to view the differences between the carbon shield" on your GT3 vs. the one Speed Merchants posted the other day.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
GT1
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Does sound absolutely awesome! Do you have any *** shots to view the differences between the carbon shield" on your GT3 vs. the one Speed Merchants posted the other day.
Thanks. Just to clear any confusion, this is my car, not the one speedmerchants did. I have a pic of the rear with the crab shade installed in this thread, and linked it to the other thread, just to show what its supposed to look like with the Akrapovic carbon shade, the other car did not have. I bought my system through a direct Akrapovic contact I have, not speedmerchants.

Last edited by GT1; 04-18-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Right, I knew this was yours and the one Speed Merchants wasn't yours, I just curious to see if you had any shots of the rear similar to the one that Speed Merchants posted. I did however see another a picture in the original Speed Merchants thread that shows the carbon shade very well that I also commented on, thank you for the vids!

Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
This is going to be interesting..

Mike

Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger;

DELETED
Ranger, very interesting how you see things!

Just to respond and answer the joy you got out of talking about me!

I tried to get my EVOM's ECU tune December in WA but for whatever reason the local rep for EVOM's ignored multiple emails and calls. Finally I gave up and decided to send my car and my money to AZ where Todd Zuccone does his inhouse development and tune personally. Unfortunately my job does not allow me to schedule a meeting easily, lets see, 2 weeks a month in Europe and in addition every second month 2 weeks in Brazil (have to have fun too right?). Now stuck in Paris due to the volcano eruption. With any luck I will be able to get my car to AZ end of May for the long intended tune.
I enjoy my exhaust tremendously even if I would have a power loss because I would not feel 20hp anyway, I just want the engine tuned perfectly for the exhaust and get an even better throttle response which Todd will accomplish I have been told. So if time permits, the ECU will be tuned by end of May. Hope that answers your doubts!

Last edited by Md11skipper; 04-20-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: GT3Ranger and his posts have been banned
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
GT1
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger;

DELETED

Its to watch you get your panties twisted up in a bunch, to a point you can't even make coherent/true statements

First of all, yes my car dyno'ed 414 whp back in 01/07/2010.

Reference thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...o-figures.html
HOWEVER, that 414 whp was STD correction genius. 414 whp STD translate to 404 whp SAE. The first 3 graphs on the first post are SAE, not STD. The 4th one (same day before/after pulls) shows what it would be at STD correction= 421 whp STD. Second of all, The dyno from 01/07/2010 of 414 whp STD, was done at AWD motorsport's Dynojet. The dynos posted in the first post of this thread, same day before and after dyno of the Akrapovic race system (check the date and time at the bottom of the graphs), were done at another shop (lets call it shop #2), which also has a dynojet. On march 03/03/2010, my car dynoed at shop #2 :

SAE 395 whp

STD 406 whp (same SAE pull as above but in STD correction)

The car had 2600 miles then.

The day the akrapovic system was installed, 04/16/2010, the car had exactly 5000 miles. That morning, completely stock, it dynoed at same shop #2:

SAE 399 whp stock (5 whp more than the dyno done 03/03/2010, probably due to the fact the car now had 5000 miles, 2500 more than before)

In the afternoon, after the akrapovic race exhaust system installation, it dynoed:
SAE 410 whp/ STD 422 whp with the Akrapovic race system only, ECU still stock. 20+ lbs tq gains in multiple places throughout the rpm and 18+ hp gains in multiple places throughout the rpm as well. 12 HP peak gain at the redline. Below are the same dyno runs converted to STD:

STD 410 whp stock/ 422 whp w/ Akrapovic race system. Same gains as above throughout the rpm band.

^ this clearly shows the Akra race system, making consistent power gains from 3.8k rpms, all the way to the red line. Check your facts before you make a fool out of yourself, yet again, in the future.

Juan, you cannot claim that your dynos, baseline in hot october, installed your FVD the exhaust and software in october , run the car through the cold months of winter we had, 40 degree weather average which allowed the ECU to get used to run in such weather, and then do a after dyno in january, as legit. It does not work that way, and its why I prefer SAME DAY BEFORE/AFTER dynos, like I did, with exhaust alone. Shortly, the same procedure will be followed when installing the software and air filter; to truly measure real gains. Or do you not know these ECU adjust themselves accordingly to weather? Seriously?

Papo, tu y tus historias del infierno no asustan a nadie. Partirte la cara no va a cambiar nustras diferencias en este subjeto.... entendimiento lo hará.
Sugiero que vallas a la libreria, y te eduques sobre quien estas amenazando. No te quieres quemar, creeme.

You can put as many faces as you like, you were still 200% wrong in your statement. I don't talk sh*t, I talk facts and got them to back things up. Maybe because the field I work in.....

Last edited by GT1; 04-20-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Juan, Not for nothing but for someone in the medical field one would think you had a little more attention to detail.. STD and SAE are much different #'s, comparing 1 dyno and another is not accurate as well.. He did baseline and provide final #'s same day.. Its the only accurate way to measure anything.. I would venture to say he will make even more HP after he beats the car for a week or a month as the ECU adjusts..

1 thing nobody can deny on here is that you are LOYAL to the brand you choose.. Youll go to bat for them left right and center.. Sort of like the ASR kit that is coming Spring of 2020... Sorry i had to do it..

Mike

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-19-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Excellent video and dyno. Appreciate all your hard work in getting this done for all of us to see. It pain me to see people rev my engine to the redline when I dyno my RS ... but sacrifice has to be made for the sake of fact finding

It's really good to see your dyno results were right on with what Akrapovic published.

I also really like this video of the Akrapovic race setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8BaeF3oHj4

Last edited by mikymu; 04-19-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
GT1
Thanks Mikymu.

1080p HD now available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CzfbyTz1A

And new vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OcHXkQe9Io

Last edited by GT1; 04-19-2010 at 08:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic race + 2010 GT3 = Before/After dyno, pics and vids