GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Stunning Mexico Blue 997.2 GT3 with HRE P40C Wheels & SharkWerks Exhaust

Old 10-15-2010, 02:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Talking Stunning Mexico Blue 997.2 GT3 with HRE P40C Wheels & SharkWerks Exhaust

We all need a bit of Mexico Blue on a Friday and thanks to a certain Scot on here she came into get "Shark-a-fied". On the menu was the SharkWerks Exhaust, our Titanium GT3 Tips and a set of new HRE P40C Monoblok wheels finished in satin black.

Getting ready for surgery:

Off with those factory wheels!

Off with the bumper and heat shields:

The factory center exhaust ready for removal:

And now removed:

The factory center exhaust weighs 21 pounds vs ours which is 5 pounds:

Sharkwerks Exhaust installed:

The SharkWerks Titanium GT3 tips (another 2 pound saving):

With the wheels and tires removed we weighed the factory wheels which came in at 29.7 pounds for the rears:

And then 23.3 pounds for the fronts:

By comparison the lighter rear P40C wheel went on the scales and registered 22.8 pounds making it 6.9 pounds lighter.

The front P40C wheels came in at 19.7 pounds, which is also 3.6 pounds per corner lighter in the front than the factory wheel:

A shot of the factory centerlocks in grey removed:

In their place will go a set of black factory centerlocks to match the satin black finish of the HRE wheels:

With the HRE's now installed there is a total of 21 pounds of reduction in unsprung weight.

Dan the decal man sporting a SharkWerks shirt and installing a matching Mexico Blue 5hp modification.

Ready to go for a road test:

Ready to go home!

In case you are wondering what our exhaust sounds like on the 3.8 motors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWgjCHwNuE

I'm seriously not wanting to go home. If my silver 2010 had been this color then I'd probably be in the dog house right now:icon107:

Last edited by sharkster; 07-12-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Kenyon is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car!!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Gorgeous.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
wait a minute...

what's up with kermit's exhaust

Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Kidding about the sticker but those wheels really added 5hp or more @ the wheels

Old 10-15-2010, 03:25 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
great mods to start with!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RFFG
wait a minute...

Likely headed to Laguna Seca

Old 10-15-2010, 03:49 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I don't think there's any better color for a 911...truly fantastic ride...

Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Exactly! It's simply beautiful!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Muy bien to the Mexico Blue!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Sharky,
The car looks great

Old 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond repute
That is one of my favorites!!! Please call this SMURF!!!

Great Job Guys!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM
GTABurnout is on a distinguished road
Sick. Cool to see center lock on street cars....

Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Pleas explain Zkermit exhaust.. LOL I have a feeling thats some laguna seca madness.. LOL

Mike

Old 10-15-2010, 07:24 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kenyon
Beautiful car!!!!
I just wish I could take better pix The color is so vibrant compared to what I shot
Gorgeous.
Danke!
wait a minute...

Haha... that's our sound deflector tips for reducing sound at certain tracks:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=281
Originally Posted by jiaim
Kidding about the sticker but those wheels really added 5hp or more @ the wheels
Hehe no joke... but I think she's not done yet
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
great mods to start with!
Danke pal...
Originally Posted by Mcgyver
Likely headed to Laguna Seca
Correct!
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
It's pretty special on a GT3. Used to seeing a bit of white
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
Exactly! It's simply beautiful!
I'm stoked for the owner
Originally Posted by DBV
Muy bien to the Mexico Blue!
Hehe
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Sharky,
The car looks great
Thanks fellas and I'm looking forward to seeing what you folks come up with too!
Originally Posted by HRE_Guy
That is one of my favorites!!! Please call this SMURF!!!

Great Job Guys!
Haha cheers Guy... To be pappa smurf she technically needed white shoes:P But seriously these things are a work of art aesthetically and of course so darned light. Well done you lot.
Originally Posted by GTABurnout
Sick. Cool to see center lock on street cars....
Until you get a flat that is and call AAA
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Pleas explain Zkermit exhaust.. LOL I have a feeling thats some laguna seca madness.. LOL

Mike
Haha yes sir it is... it's our Cat Pooper Scooper & Sound deflector tips:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=281

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stunning Mexico Blue 997.2 GT3 with HRE P40C Wheels & SharkWerks Exhaust