GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

08 gt3 rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
08 gt3 rs

I'm looking at possibly purchasing an 08 GT3 RS with only 1000 miles. I've heard garage queens are not ideal. I plan on using the car for monthly track session and occassionaly on the street. Should I be concerned about purchasing such a car.

Second based on what I can see and 08 rs and 2010 GT3 (non-rs) are priced more or less the same. Any opinons which would be a better car on the track. 3.8 is tempting but I've always wanted and rs. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:58 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
For track 3.8 is better from what i have heard.

More low end torque for corner exit and more HP

Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mobonic
For track 3.8 is better from what i have heard.

More low end torque for corner exit and more HP
+1 took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
stock for stock then 3.8 BUT two equal drivers are going to be a second quicker in the 3.8... meaning the difference is fairly small for track days.

the RS will hold it's value long term better simply because it is an RS IMHO

3.8 gt3 is pretty rare

I would likely buck up for the 3.8 RS - better aero, better gearing, lwfw, etc - well bought for your purposes this is a better long term value play and the gearing and lwfw alone are worth the pricing delta between a 3.8 gt3 and a 3.8 RS

Old 04-13-2011, 05:15 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Have an 07 RS and imo I prefer the more purist feel about the ride and vibe over the gen 2 RS. I know the 3.8 is more power but believe the RS is fast enough unless u plan to actully race and wll hold value over time. Especially the green and orange as they are classic porsche heritage. As for garage queens just look for leaky seals. Not likely in 3 years but check. If no starts and no vacuun on the car, a leak can occur. Otherwise for me, I would take the RS all day long. I was at a local car event tghis weekend and my orange car got waaaaty more attention than the white gt3 that was there. Not that that matters. But hey.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately from performance perspective .2 GT3 > .1 GT3.

The .1 GT3/RS is known to be snappy. The .2 GT3 is easier to manage, better suspension, aero, and more power.

Depending on your purpose and budget the .2 GT3 may serve you better.

The only reason I went with a .1 is budget (I also prefer the looks )

Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
I test drove a .2 GT3 and have to say that is the way I would go for all the reasons sin911 mentions. My budget dictates a .1 GT3 for me as well, but if I could, I would go .2 in a second.