GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Green is Gud... Green RS with Green RSS 931 bar..

Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
Green is Gud... Green RS with Green RSS 931 bar..

Even though i have been a member since 2004 i just recently became a Porsche owner.. However having raced them for over 10 years i am pretty familiar with them!!

I coach quite often and find myself hopping in and out of various GT3's and 911's that are at the track. Most of them had RSS roll bars. Having experience with the bars and talking to shop techs who have installed them i decided this was the bar for me... I also have some seat time in cars with their suspension arms.. A 4.0 with the complete set of arms on Hoosiers i can tell you is a REAL pleasure!!!

I acquired this GT3 after 5 years of dreaming... The Green is the only color for me.. I was lucky to find this one with under 500 miles and basically brand new.. Had to bed in the pads!! Still had hair on the tires... New car smell still there!!!

The RSS roll bar is the 2nd modification ive done.. The first was a custom exhaust utilizing 997 RSR muffler canisters...

I want to thank Mike at RSS for helping me out.. Its a beautiful piece!.. I installed it myself with the help of a friend.. Fitment is great but it wasn't easy getting that hunker in there..!

Here are the specs..

-RSS 931 Competition 4-Point Roll Bar for 996/997 Coupe
-1.75" Chromoly w/.120 Wall Construction
-X-Brace Design
-Heavy Duty Slip Fit Couplers with Flush Mount Hardware and Frame Rail Support Plates
-Tig Welded

I plan to do GT2 seats and harnesses in the future also..

Leh Keen

Last edited by kingleh; 04-18-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
Congrads Leh!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Good looking roll bar Leh.. That bar looks familiar for some reason.

It is a beast for sure, that I can tell you. No other roll bar offers this much protection and this level of quality. Can't have to much protection I say and so does this bar.

Oh ya, the car is cool too.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 04-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
QueenCity911 will become famous soon enough
Yowza, where did you find a Green one with 500 miles???

I would love a green cage, but at 6'7" it isn't in my future.

Enjoy that thing!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
All you need now is a SW 3.9! Congrats green is good.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous. What year is it, and why does it only have 500 miles? Unless, of course, it's a 2012.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
"FROSCH" lol, rep. points for that lic. plate!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by QueenCity911
Yowza, where did you find a Green one with 500 miles???

I would love a green cage, but at 6'7" it isn't in my future.

Enjoy that thing!!!

Through a friend of a friend.. I didn't plan to get it this early but the opportunity for "the car" presented itself so i pulled the trigger..

I am 6'5 and actually run the seat off the cage a bit.. I was surprised how much room i had with it in...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
All you need now is a SW 3.9! Congrats green is good.

a 4.0 or 4.2 is on the list.. But way down the road!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Its a 2008.. Spent some of its life in a collection and then in a garage under a a lift under a cover..... waiting for me..

FROSCH = FROG in Germany for people wondering!..

And i am totally cool with my Green RS obsession...

The 1/1 scale came last...

And the painting i had done early 2008...

Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
QueenCity911 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kingleh
Its a 2008.. Spent some of its life in a collection and then in a garage under a a lift under a cover..... waiting for me..

FROSCH = FROG in Germany for people wondering!..

And i am totally cool with my Green RS obsession...

The 1/1 scale came last...

And the painting i had done early 2008...

Destiny!!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Doc_Porsche will become famous soon enoughDoc_Porsche will become famous soon enough
Very nice

Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new toy. Waiting for a pic of it with the rest of the green ones...

Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
chiffonade is on a distinguished road
That's a nice garage.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Sweet virgin Green RS! Very nice indeed....
Congrads and enjoy.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Green is Gud... Green RS with Green RSS 931 bar..