GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 a Daily Driver?.....ooooh YES!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
991 GT3 a Daily Driver?.....ooooh YES!

I just drove a friends new GT3 and have come away staggered at its road compliance as a DD! An absolute Jekyll and Hyde!

As Jekyll the car is wondrously driveable and comparable to a 991S in sport mode. It was nothing like the bone jarring ride of my 997.2 GT3! So it's an emphatic YES as a DD! No ifs or buts.

Everything is sharper and more precise than anything I've driven. Just devine!!!

In Hyde mode..... Just insane in every way!!!! My friend is an incredibly talented driver and a qualified instructor. He demonstrated what the car can really do and it was incredible! The power delivery, handling, and flexibility really has to be experienced. It is unreal!

So, I loved it! I really was a giggling mess most of the time I was in that car. Oh and the sound.....sublime!!! The only soundtrack you'll need.

Need mine NOW! Btw, the axle lift is essential. The splitter is not like the previous gt3's as the bumper framework behind it will also get damaged if scraped.

We ended up at our dealership and I added the lift and other bits to my order and spent more money! The sooner that the order is locked by Porsche the better!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	842.9 KB
ID:	397436  

Last edited by Haku; 07-25-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:09 AM
Biglife will become famous soon enoughBiglife will become famous soon enough
It's such a beauty. Looks like a storm trooper in white, I love it. Thanks for sharing

Truthfully, the 997 GT3 is everything I would expect from a sports car. I daily drive mine for weeks at a time. It doesn't bother me at all because it's how it should be. In fact, anything "number" would feel wrong to me, which is a little alarming considering I expect to "upgrade" to a non P-car at some point. With that said, it sounds like the new GT3 offers some additional comfort, but can also be set up to be "bone jarring".

What were the roads like that you drove on? The road quality factors heavily into ride comfort...

Old 07-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Biglife
It's such a beauty. Looks like a storm trooper in white, I love it. Thanks for sharing

Truthfully, the 997 GT3 is everything I would expect from a sports car. I daily drive mine for weeks at a time. It doesn't bother me at all because it's how it should be. In fact, anything "number" would feel wrong to me, which is a little alarming considering I expect to "upgrade" to a non P-car at some point. With that said, it sounds like the new GT3 offers some additional comfort, but can also be set up to be "bone jarring".

What were the roads like that you drove on? The road quality factors heavily into ride comfort...
B, the wider track of the 991 platform and the result of the rear wheel steering (effectively shortening or extending the wheelbase depending on speed) have contributed hugely to the ride quality of the 991 GT3. You are quite right in that it can also be set up to be stiffer. I was surprised at how different the steering and PDK feels to my 991S they both are much more precise and crisper. The PDK is incredibly fast. Even the movement/pressure of the paddles is shorter!

We drove on the a combination of roads including city and highway with smooth and bumpy surfaces. Both at low and high speeds.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:36 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Haku
B, the wider track of the 991 platform and the result of the rear wheel steering (effectively shortening or extending the wheelbase depending on speed) have contributed hugely to the ride quality of the 991 GT3. You are quite right in that it can also be set up to be stiffer. I was surprised at how different the steering and PDK feels to my 991S they both are much more precise and crisper. The PDK is incredibly fast. Even the movement/pressure of the paddles is shorter! We drove on the a combination of roads including city and highway with smooth and bumpy surfaces. Both at low and high speeds.
You are gonna love yours - got mine back a few weeks ago and it is an incredible car in every way. Such a treat.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by JCBH
You are gonna love yours - got mine back a few weeks ago and it is an incredible car in every way. Such a treat.
Thank you J,

I can't wait but the anticipation is part of the experience. I'm so glad you're liking yours.

I was so taken by the cars ability to be civil when required. Nothing like its previous iteration.

Post some pics of yours when you can.

I keep changing my spec...they need to lock it down this week. Apart from the added bits and pieces, the main options are:

GT Silver, Front Axle Lift, 18 Way Adaptive Seats, Full Leather.

Thanks for your input as well J. Appreciated.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Thank you J, I can't wait but the anticipation is part of the experience. I'm so glad you're liking yours. I was so taken by the cars ability to be civil when required. Nothing like its previous iteration. Post some pics of yours when you can. I keep changing my spec...they need to lock it down this week. Apart from the added bits and pieces, the main options are: GT Silver, Front Axle Lift, 18 Way Adaptive Seats, Full Leather. Thanks for your input as well J. Appreciated.
My pleasure - here are some pics...

Name:	image-3551991909.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	397606   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2803474999.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	397607   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1899846186.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	397608   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-680406116.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	397609  
Old 07-27-2014, 01:15 PM
My pleasure - here are some pics...
Oh my!.... Just gorgeous! Thank you for posting.
I'm gravitating towards those glorious LED's! I must resist!!!

J, did/have you compared the 4 way seats to the 18's? I have gone for the 18's but was just wondering how much better they are.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Oh my!.... Just gorgeous! Thank you for posting. I'm gravitating towards those glorious LED's! I must resist!!! J, did/have you compared the 4 way seats to the 18's? I have gone for the 18's but was just wondering how much better they are.
LEDs make the car - get them, for sure. 18-way seats are terrific.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Oh my!.... Just gorgeous! Thank you for posting. I'm gravitating towards those glorious LED's! I must resist!!! J, did/have you compared the 4 way seats to the 18's? I have gone for the 18's but was just wondering how much better they are.
Couple interior pics...

Name:	image-2360603876.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	397610   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-764969500.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	397611   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-553391254.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	487.1 KB
ID:	397612  
Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Couple interior pics...
Gosh your car is stunningly optioned. Well done!
So I guess the side leather (visible when door opened) is part of the extended leather option?
I wish it would all be clearer on the configurator.
Thanks again.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Gosh your car is stunningly optioned. Well done! So I guess the side leather (visible when door opened) is part of the extended leather option? I wish it would all be clearer on the configurator. Thanks again.
Yeah - that is the extended leather package, dashboard and it includes that stuff. Other awesome option is steering column casing in leather - tons of stitching and relatively not expensive.
One option I wish I would have gotten was the seatbacks in leather...oh well...

Old 07-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Yeah - that is the extended leather package, dashboard and it includes that stuff. Other awesome option is steering column casing in leather - tons of stitching and relatively not expensive.
One option I wish I would have gotten was the seatbacks in leather...oh well...
Thanks. It's much clearer to me now.
Now to see whether my order is still changeable!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Don't get me wrong, I think the 991 GT3 is an incredible car. I just have a huge problem considering it to be a GT3 based car, based on how far it is removed from an actual GT3 class race car.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by 512bb
Don't get me wrong, I think the 991 GT3 is an incredible car. I just have a huge problem considering it to be a GT3 based car, based on how far it is removed from an actual GT3 class race car.
I take your point but I think the 991 GT3 is intended to be a road biased track car and less so a GT3 class race car. I would presume that the GT3 RS will be more of a track biased road car and therefore more in line with a GT3 class race car.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:29 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I take your point but I think the 991 GT3 is intended to be a road biased track car and less so a GT3 class race car. I would presume that the GT3 RS will be more of a track biased road car and therefore more in line with a GT3 class race car.

I agree and having seen them drive on Paul Ricard, they are brutally fast (once you get used to the all wheel steering - which was catching a lot of drivers off guard).

I was in a 991 C2S and the way the 991 GT3 would pull on fast sweepers was quite a bit mind boggling - till a GT3R blew past both of us!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 a Daily Driver?.....ooooh YES!