GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 production ending...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
991 GT3 production ending...?

Note: I have not been able to verify the content of the following information.

This was posted by Superman32 on the RL forum. It appears to be genuine. Can anyone else here verify it?

---------------
"I just got a call form my sales yesterday.
Porsche just informed dealers that 991 GT3 production will stop on February 28 2015. Then they will start making 991 GT3 RS.
So there will not be too many 991 gt3s. They can't promise me I can get my 2015 order.
So I guess 991 gt3 will hold it's value pretty well. Anyway 130K for a 991 GT3 is extremely good value for money.And it includes PDK and PCM already.
Also if next gen gt3 will become turbo charged 991gt3 will hold it's value even better."
------------------

Old 08-08-2014, 03:51 PM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
I got the call form my sales yesterday saying that the production of 991GT3 will end on Feb 28 2015. I am 16th on waiting list.
My dealer is the top 3 dealer in Canada. They get 10 GT3s for 2014. 2015 number unknown yet. I hope then can get me a 2015 gt3. If not I am 3rd on rs waiting list.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thank you Superman32. Apologies, I didn't know you were also on 6speed.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe because the car hasn't been as financially successful as they had originally anticipated?

Old 08-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by empunker
Maybe because the car hasn't been as financially successful as they had originally anticipated?
What you state is a possibility but I think unlikely. The thing is they could probably sell as many as they can make. There are very few cars out there with GT3 type bang for buck. Sure the 2014 debacle may have cost them financially but in the overall scheme of things it was a glitch and a drop in the bucket. I think that it's more to do with production space and the effort they want to put into the GT3 RS. There is no way they want a repeat of what happened with the 2013-14 GT3.
It's still all conjecture.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:51 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Haku
What you state is a possibility but I think unlikely. The thing is they could probably sell as many as they can make. There are very few cars out there with GT3 type bang for buck. Sure the 2014 debacle may have cost them financially but in the overall scheme of things it was a glitch and a drop in the bucket. I think that it's more to do with production space and the effort they want to put into the GT3 RS. There is no way they want a repeat of what happened with the 2013-14 GT3.
It's still all conjecture.
I tend to agree. I do not have the hard data but Porsche sold more RS cars than regular GT3s since the RS came out (997.1). They also had a limited production run on all generations of GT3 (996.1 and .2 and 997.1 and .2), if I am not mistaken.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:09 AM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
Wow, that sucks, I was seriously considering a new GT3 to replace my c2s.
I never got on a dealer list, so probably impossible to order a spec car anyway.
Guess I can buy an overpriced new one from a dealer, or wait for a preowned one.
The RS is a little over the top for my needs, no other p-car I strongly desire atm
I'm strongly considering a Scud too, damn you Porsche!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Well I too just spoke to my dealer and they have confirmed that production of GT3 ends in Februaury 2015. The production line switches to the RS. So, GT3 buyers with confirmed commission numbers can rest easy, those without.....

Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Well I too just spoke to my dealer and they have confirmed that production of GT3 ends in Februaury 2015. The production line switches to the RS. So, GT3 buyers with confirmed commission numbers can rest easy, those without.....
Ends in Feb as in: no more GT3's will be produced, ever.....or: production stops in Feb to build RS's and the GT3 will resume at a later date?

Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Ends in Feb as in: no more GT3's will be produced, ever.....or: production stops in Feb to build RS's and the GT3 will resume at a later date?
Afaik, production on 991 GT3 stops (that'll be it for this model) and RS begins. Then who knows? I would assume that 991.2 GT3 would begin 2016 sometime.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:56 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Afaik, production on 991 GT3 stops (that'll be it for this model) and RS begins. Then who knows? I would assume that 991.2 GT3 would begin 2016 sometime.
Thats disappointing...

Glad you were able to order yours....congrats!

Old 08-10-2014, 10:01 AM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
Thats insane how the facelifted model comes out 1.5 year after car is released!!

I would think it's later as the RS would also look instantly outdated if the GT3 MKII came out right after the GT3 RS MKI.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by oc997
Thats insane how the facelifted model comes out 1.5 year after car is released!!

I would think it's later as the RS would also look instantly outdated if the GT3 MKII came out right after the GT3 RS MKI.
OC, you may be correct as to the pare lease dates. I hope you are correct. My references were based on "earliest" guesstimates.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:31 AM
FWIW I contacted my dealer yesterday about this production stop in Feb and they said they have not heard anything of the sort....and that they seriously doubt this is accurate....I certainly hope so as I have an allocation next year.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
FWIW I contacted my dealer yesterday about this production stop in Feb and they said they have not heard anything of the sort....and that they seriously doubt this is accurate....I certainly hope so as I have an allocation next year.
I hope so too. The way I see it, the more people that get to enjoy this car, the better for everyone!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending...?