GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

just wondering...Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
just wondering...Bose

Why in the heck can't you get a GT3 with a better sound system?? Not even Bose on configurator. 4 speakers? I'm sorry but deal breaker!

Old 09-16-2014, 03:11 PM
apessino is on a distinguished road
Seriously?

The GT3 is not for you - given your priorities I think you would be happier with a regular 911...

Old 09-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
It comes with the Burmester exhaust��

Old 09-16-2014, 03:22 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by apessino
Seriously?

The GT3 is not for you - given your priorities I think you would be happier with a regular 911...
Apparently not...I just find it odd. Turbo or turbo s have the option. GT3 is great but 4 speakers is not my cup of tea for $140k.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
If you've ever been in a GT3 it is hard to have a conversation with your passenger if driving in a spirited manner. Plus the added weight and wiring goes against the gt3 spirit. People add them aftermarket but it is not easy. Also no rear camera which is useful in a paddock backing up. Esp if wearing a Hans due to rear wing size. That I would have liked an option on. Soon enough these will be required.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:28 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Sharkwerks Audio center can dial in your sound.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:50 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
I can understand the argument of not offering burmester in the GT3....its a more driver involving car, etc.....but on the flip side..the 918 offers burmester.

I for one would like it to be an option...but it certainly isnt a necessity.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
The 918 is $$$$ and can be quieter in elec mode or hybrid non race mode.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
Why in the heck can't you get a GT3 with a better sound system?? Not even Bose on configurator. 4 speakers? I'm sorry but deal breaker!
Bose in any form actually sucks anyway...I thought d get that out of the way first.

If you choose the PCM option, you get the Sound a Package Plus ($700):
Audio system with 9 loudspeakers and a total output of 235 Watts

It may not be Burm but IMO it's perfectly fine for the GT3. Apessino has a point. The car is not a luxury tourer and the $130+k price reflects its mechanical and engineering prowess. On those points alone it is a bargain!

If you want the best of both worlds, get the GT3 and buy yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD 800 headphones! Problem solved.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Haku

Bose in any form actually sucks anyway...I thought d get that out of the way first.

If you choose the PCM option, you get the Sound a Package Plus ($700):
Audio system with 9 loudspeakers and a total output of 235 Watts

It may not be Burm but IMO it's perfectly fine for the GT3. Apessino has a point. The car is not a luxury tourer and the $130+k price reflects its mechanical and engineering prowess. On those points alone it is a bargain!

If you want the best of both worlds, get the GT3 and buy yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD 800 headphones! Problem solved.
GT3 is a feast for the senses, I get that, but I think it's a glaring hole in the options department. All's I'm saying is at least Bose would have been nice for at least an option as well as burmester. Car is base of $130k for God's sakes. Sound package plus??? Geez

Old 09-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
GT3 is a feast for the senses, I get that, but I think it's a glaring hole in the options department. All's I'm saying is at least Bose would have been nice for at least an option as well as burmester. Car is base of $130k for God's sakes. Sound package plus??? Geez
I think offering/having an enhanced sound system on this car would be pointless due to reduced sound proofing and hence its higher ambient noise. IMO, what they have is adequate and fit for purpose.

I'm sorry it's a deal breaker for you. If you haven't already done so, I would suggest going for a spin in the car... you may be swayed.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
The Bose system is garbage so you aren't missing anything. Personally I'd like it if they offered a radio delete like they did in my Scud. The Scud's with radio delete are more desirable now!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:40 PM
SA_GTR is on a distinguished road
I just installed a JL audio 8" micro sub in my GT3 and kept the stock speakers. Sounds AMAZING!

Old 09-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
My car came with the sound plus system. I didn't care for the head unit. I called Rod Birch to see what he had and Rod supplied a Kenwood DNX891 which fit really well. Ran a GPS antenna under the right windshield wiper cover for the NAV feature. Suncoast has a kit to fit the factory wiring. The wires on the Suncoast plug match the factory wires. Cut and splice matching color coded wires and then run a hot lead and the mic for the phone. It's about a 2 1/2 hour job. It also has provisions for front/rear cameras. You get Pandora, iHeart, HD Radio, XM, USB, BT streaming and a very user friendly phone book. I've had Bose in several cars and this just blows the Bose away.

Currently I don't spend much time on the track so having a user friendly and good sounding system is a plus for me. Previously when all I did was load the car on the trailer and head for the track I would not have done this.

Just using the factory amp the sound is about twice as good.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
My Cayman R is as hard edged as a GT3 (especially with my GT2 seats), and some just don't get it. These cars are specifically basic in many ways, all for performance advantages. The price of the car is in many upgraded performance bits and the suspension is very stiff. Ultimately some just want the look, not the hardcore edge. No point to try to convert the average. It you want luxury and performance, buy a 991 S with PDCC and PCCB. You won't make up the gap, but it's as close as you'll get.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.