GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Hurican vs 991 GT3

Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 PM
provoke is on a distinguished road
Huracan vs 991 GT3

Anyone had the pleasure of driving a Huracan and a new 991 GT3? Just wondering.... I drove a Huracan over the weekend for about an hour pretty much unrestricted. Corsa mode the entire time.. Thing drove like a raging bull.. So crisp and nimble.. Power/braking was unbelievable. Not even in the same category as the previous Gallardo's. I was shocked after a day of about 300 miles (drivers swapped out about every hour) there wasn't one check engine light on the damn thing.. I have a 15' 991 in transit finally on the boat and just wondered if anyone has been able to compare the two.. I'm not here to get bashed on how the GT3 will out perform it etc etc etc. Just wanted to get an opinion if anyone has.

Last edited by provoke; 10-22-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:33 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
I dont think I will drive , test , own one of them in the next 10 years but stick to the 991 gt3 . The pull in the last rpm is very hard I was told . Also 991 gt3 only cost 1/2 and has been described as fun to drive as a 458

Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 PM
zotbot is on a distinguished road
The Hurican is on a totally different level than the GT3.
Huge power, crazy interior, wild sounds, & massive attention draw.
The Hurican is much more similar to the 458 than the GT3.
The 458 is on a different level than the 911; it drives like a big go kart on crack.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by zotbot
The 458 is on a different level than the 911; it drives like a big go kart on crack.

Is this opinion or have you driven all of them?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by provoke
Is this opinion or have you driven all of them?
I've driven all of them (& fwiw, my daily is a 991 TT).

Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Wink

I personally would compare the Huracan to the FF if we are going to get off topic.. They are both AWD and power/torque feels similar... Its a Lambo so of course it goes without saying you will attract attention with all the above....

Are you saying that you hold the 458 with higher regards compared to GT3? or?? I've driven a 458 also on the track and it didn't wow me... My 997.2 GT3 that I just sold wow'd me more for its rawness and connected feeling to the pavement.. I'm hoping the 991 GT3 doesn't disappoint.....

Old 10-22-2014, 09:48 AM
[/QUOTE]
Are you saying that you hold the 458 with higher regards compared to GT3? or?? I've driven a 458 also on the track and it didn't wow me... My 997.2 GT3 that I just sold wow'd me more for its rawness and connected feeling to the pavement.. I'm hoping the 991 GT3 doesn't disappoint.....[/QUOTE]

Well, the 458 certainly costs a lot more and gets A LOT more attention.
No contest - the 458 "wins" over the GT3 on those 2 points.

I've only driven both on the street, so I can't comment how either performs
at the limit on a track; however, the 458 has a frantic and raw feeling and
sounds to it that the GT3 didn't deliver. I think the 458's steering feels great.

The core set of F-cars buyers doesn't drive their cars much, so I
think the core set of 458 buyers is more interested in how the car looks/sounds than how it actually performs.
You will find many '12-'14 used 458s at dealers with only ~3K miles on them... You will not see that with GT3s.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
GT3 is a nice toy

Huracan is an even nicer toy. But also costs much more.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by empunker
GT3 is a nice toy

Huracan is an even nicer toy. But also costs much more.
Agree - the Huracan is an awesome car.
MUCH more polished than the Gallardo.
After you drive one, you won't even consider a Gallardo.
In about 2yrs, they will be reasonable...

Old 10-23-2014, 12:08 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Well, the 458 certainly costs a lot more and gets A LOT more attention.
No contest - the 458 "wins" over the GT3 on those 2 points.

I've only driven both on the street, so I can't comment how either performs
at the limit on a track; however, the 458 has a frantic and raw feeling and
sounds to it that the GT3 didn't deliver. I think the 458's steering feels great.

The core set of F-cars buyers doesn't drive their cars much, so I
think the core set of 458 buyers is more interested in how the car looks/sounds than how it actually performs.

You will find many '12-'14 used 458s at dealers with only ~3K miles on them... You will not see that with GT3s.
But Ferrari doesn't share this perspective. They want their cars to be superior in their respective classes/categories.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:55 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Agree - the Huracan is an awesome car.
MUCH more polished than the Gallardo.
After you drive one, you won't even consider a Gallardo.
In about 2yrs, they will be reasonable...

Yep, I shouldn't have driven the Huracan... It even makes the Aventador feel 'old'.

I still prefer the lines of the Gallardo, but the driving experience doesn't compare to the Huracan!

Old 10-28-2014, 07:17 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by empunker
Yep, I shouldn't have driven the Huracan... It even makes the Aventador feel 'old'.

I still prefer the lines of the Gallardo, but the driving experience doesn't compare to the Huracan!
I was really shocked how poorly the Gallardo drove -- but I'm confident that's primarily due to the poor transmission setup that it has.... I haven't driven a Huracan yet but was offered an allocation... declined. I'm sure I could have made a bit of cash flipping it but after driving the Gallardo I just didn't want anything to do with it. Haven't driven an Aventador though.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:04 AM
disden will become famous soon enough
When I was at the Ferrari Museum in Maranello recently, I decided to rent a 458, figured what the hell! Being taller, I shoe horned myself in and let her rip. A co-driver goes with you and shows you around town, then let's you drive it pretty hard in certain areas. I thought the engine sounded spectacular, could easily enjoy that on the weekends.

However, since I was doing ED on my TT Cab, I was able to notice the my car (TT) felt quicker in real world driving, stop light races. Also I don't agree about the steering, I was shocked how loose the wheel steering feel was in the 458, like a video game. My TT (without Servo) felt better.

Oddly enough, after walking out of the Ferrari Museum there were people crowded around my TT Cab in the parking lot! ended up talking to some of them awhile about it! Not a lot of 911s in Italy I guess.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1923526978.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	534.0 KB
ID:	406679