GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cross country drive in a GT3?

Old 11-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
"No one ever wished on there death bed that they worked more saved more or as in this case drove there cars less!"

BINGO!!!!

Good for you- enjoy every moment !!

Old 11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Roketman, great line LAUGH OUT LOUD

Old 11-15-2014, 06:52 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Oh ya I forgot to mention .I feel the same way about my wife!Not saving her for the next guy either!
She in fact hates that line!
I always say,if she left me now. I already got her best years!
The truth is I adore her more and more.25 years strong together!

Last edited by roketman; 11-15-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
How did the trip turn out cashed? Any problems?

rocketman - That would have been an awesome trip!

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 11-18-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
I put 2000 miles on my 991 GT3 the first month - and almost that many on my 918 between Germany and New York - just drive it!

Old 11-17-2014, 03:14 PM
cashed is just really nicecashed is just really nicecashed is just really nicecashed is just really nicecashed is just really nice
Here are a couple pics from the trip back to TX. They range from starting the trip with 8 miles on the odometer to running the Tail of Dragon, and then driving through 3 states of rain storms. Great trip, thanks for everyones input.
Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2827.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	407854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2819.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	407855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2798.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	407856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2858.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	407857  
Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Lets face it,we are all car guys! Who qualifies?Anyone who relishes getting there as much as being there!
Just drive it!!!!!!
Think about it really.When you are in car with someone it is a very intimate experience.You have each others undivided attention.In 15 minutes in car with someone you can find out more about them than spending an hour some where else. I use to and still do take my kids out for rides just so I can have those moments.The only difference now is I have to offer let them drive! Other wise they just say .”Dad Im going to pass on getting a lecture!”

Old 11-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Glad to hear everything went as planned. The car looks stunning!

Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Cashed stop in Tennessee and hit the tail of the dragon on the way back to Dallas. 318 turns in 11 miles with a new GT3 sounds like heaven to me.

When you get back to Dallas I hope to see the car around town. Possibly cars and coffee next month.
I can't imagine a better idea than the Tail of the Dragon in a new GT3! Take a couple days and drive it four or five times each day. What an amazing way to get the feel for your new car! You will always look back on that experience!

Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DoninDEN

I can't imagine a better idea than the Tail of the Dragon in a new GT3! Take a couple days and drive it four or five times each day. What an amazing way to get the feel for your new car! You will always look back on that experience!
Sorry, I posted before getting to the end of the thread!

Old 11-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Waaaaay better than shipping it home. Now you've had a sneak peek at Haku's Spring in the Smokies.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:54 AM
AWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to all
How were the Cup tires in the rain?

Old 11-22-2014, 03:09 PM
cashed is just really nicecashed is just really nicecashed is just really nicecashed is just really nicecashed is just really nice
AWZR1….

I have heard they aren't the best in the rain so I took it nice and slow. I figured adding a couple hours to the trip was a better idea than ending up in the ditch.

I also attached a pic of my friend's 2014 GT3 that he got a couple weeks back. I was planning on white till he beat me to it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2468.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	408172  
Old 11-22-2014, 06:31 PM
AWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to allAWZR1 is a name known to all
I originally ordered GR until I saw how many on RL had ordered it (second only to White)...so I switched to racing Yellow

Old 11-23-2014, 05:19 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome trip man! I can't wait to get my GT3 up to the GA/NC/TN mountains next year. Congrats!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cross country drive in a GT3?