991 GT3 market?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 07:54 AM
rdf16 will become famous soon enoughrdf16 will become famous soon enough
991 GT3 market?

I know about the Porsche buy backs with the branded titles. I know those cars
were bought by dealers and resold above sticker. I know new non branded
cars were sold up to 50k above sticker, really?

What I don't know is the 2014 used market. A dealer buddy told me many
of those prices were too high, fishing? 160k plus for a 2104 with a 1000+
or - miles? He told me he might get a 2015 that he would sell me for
sticker. Are they still selling above sticker?

Herc

Old 11-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't have gone over sticker for one. They have been sold for under sticker.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I think prices and demand has stabilized.

1) Vary sought after car and enough people with money who are willing to pay for what they want.
2) It is still a limited market as not many can afford a 100K+ car.
3) At this point enough are sold that prices have stabilized and not all areas are as money intense so on a US market bases one could shop for price now.

I found a car yet to be delivered to a dealer in LA area who wanted over sticker. I told them I would not pay more than MSRP. Then the game changes to selling at MSRP. Found another one in San Jose and called. They offered MSRP no BS. Then a call form same dealer in LA area saying one on the floor and I could have it now at above MSRP. Told them not with me, then, OK would you buy today at MSRP.

I hate the games and put a deposit on the one in San Jose to arrive in December. I think prices will come lower and used market will drop in time, however GT3s have always held better value than other 911s from what I have seen.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:57 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure where you get your info from but I highly doubt it's true. I've never seen or read anywhere about cars being sold for 50k over. Perhaps dealers tried to sell for 50k over but why in the world would someone pay that premium when you can just order new? The logic makes no sense therefore the statement is most likely not true

The used market will most likely go up in value in the short term due to no more new cars being made for now. That won't last but there will probably be a temporary spike due to low supply and high demand. I also think the GT3RS will impact pricing of the GT3. We have no idea how many will be built or price. It's all rumors. Once we know...

Old 11-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by RossL
Not sure where you get your info from but I highly doubt it's true. I've never seen or read anywhere about cars being sold for 50k over. Perhaps dealers tried to sell for 50k over but why in the world would someone pay that premium when you can just order new? The logic makes no sense therefore the statement is most likely not true

The used market will most likely go up in value in the short term due to no more new cars being made for now. That won't last but there will probably be a temporary spike due to low supply and high demand. I also think the GT3RS will impact pricing of the GT3. We have no idea how many will be built or price. It's all rumors. Once we know...

Was told the base price of the RS will be about 182k.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I heard last week.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:02 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
I have never heard anyone paying 50k above sticker for the new GT3. People were paying sticker or slightly above to be early adopters. The market for these cars is strong but stabilized. Where you can get a discount even if small on any 991 in the range the GT3 more often than not goes for sticker price still. As for allocation Porsche isn't limiting the number of cars they'll build, they will sell as many as they can. I have been offered an allocation at cost fairly easy here in Dallas.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I have never heard anyone paying 50k above sticker for the new GT3. People were paying sticker or slightly above to be early adopters. The market for these cars is strong but stabilized. Where you can get a discount even if small on any 991 in the range the GT3 more often than not goes for sticker price still. As for allocation Porsche isn't limiting the number of cars they'll build, they will sell as many as they can. I have been offered an allocation at cost fairly easy here in Dallas.

Seeing plenty of used 2014s in the 160k range, base was 130k. My dealer
bud sold 7 at 30k over sticker early in the year. He is the one who told
me they were asking 50k over in SoCal. 160k for a branded title used car?

Old 11-23-2014, 08:47 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Seems that the ones being sold or trying to be sold over sticker are in SoCal for those that "need it now ". A lot of Gt3 are optioned so that the price is in the 150-160 range. This despite a 131 base price. Mine just unloaded is 141 largely due to nose lift option.
Good luck in your search

Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rdf16
As I said, it's all rumors till it's released.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Question

Originally Posted by seapar
Seems that the ones being sold or trying to be sold over sticker are in SoCal for those that "need it now ". A lot of Gt3 are optioned so that the price is in the 150-160 range. This despite a 131 base price. Mine just unloaded is 141 largely due to nose lift option.
Good luck in your search

Understand the options price but I am seeing used 2014s, some with Branded
titles, listed at above 160K. Hard to believe they are selling for close to
that.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:19 AM
apessino is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RossL
I was asked $60K over sticker for a "basically new '14, the dealer's son has only put about 600 miles on it."

Seriously...

Old 11-25-2014, 11:28 AM
apessino is on a distinguished road
I called every dealer in SoCal back in August when I was trying to order a car - almost every one of them asked for a premium over sticker to reserve one from their '15 allocation, all of them added a premium on cars already on the floor (new or branded '14s). Premium ranged from $10K to $60K.

The few dealers that charged MSRP had all of their '15 allocations already gone and had a waiting list - I was about ready to pay $10K over when I got a call from one of the dealers saying he'd charge me MSRP on a '15 and that they had just gotten their final allocation numbers, so that's the one I went with.

There was a time around the end of August to end of September where getting an order in at MSRP was relatively easy - looked like most dealers got their final '15 allocations and cars could be ordered from the reasonable ones without much trouble - no idea if that is still the case... eventually all of the '15s will be gone.

Last edited by apessino; 11-25-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:57 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Here at Park Place in Dallas they have a beautiful 2015 black on black for 159k

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	408589  

Last edited by tommyboy214; 11-26-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:01 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 market?