GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 Shop Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atomic80
I emailed him and apparently the 997 manual CD includes 5222 pages of information(!)

Ordering it along with the latest PET cd too.
I e mailed Porsche power This is the complete list of manuals they have it looks as if they have stuff for the turbo but not the 997 GT3. I told them i would keep in touch. This is the list they sent me.

Attached Files
Old 12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P97
That's the tech manual. Even though it says "service information", I don't think it details service procedures...just info.

Got the CD from PorschePower@plasticexperts.com

It's the "997 Factory Workshop Manuals on CD". I think it was about $40 or so. Well worth the price of admission.

Used it to take apart my interior to put seats in the rear, and to remove my bumpers to put on my Sharkwerks exhaust. The manual is very detailed and even has torque specs for those important bolts.
I just e-mail porschepower link above for the GT3 service CD. How do you guys like the CD? I am looking to remove the headliner and need some instruction

Old 12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
all i got was a automate e-mail response from porschepower as follow: ....??

Thanks for inquiring about our associates' CD manuals. Listed below is their ad text:
KNOW WHAT THE PROS KNOW! With this set of manuals you will probably know MORE than most of them. COMPLETE 944 and 944 Turbo Porsche Workshop repair and maintenance manuals. This is the complete, SIX VOLUME SET just like the one used by the dealerships and factory repair shops, all on CD ROM. Complete repair procedures for all Porsche 944 models from 1983 through 1991, including S-2 16 valve engines and a separate 336 page section just on on the 944 Turbo. WE'VE COUNTED ALL THE PAGES, TOTAL IS OVER 2000! If the answer you need is not here, then it does not exist! All volumes are Adobe Acrobat PDF format, and we include the Adobe Acrobat Reader on the same CD. The full set of manuals in hardcopy bought from a certain German manufacturer would cost more than $400.00! Our CD Version DOES ALLOW PRINTING OUT the complete set of manuals, unlike others that lock out printing most pages. Our low price is a tiny fraction of the factory hardcover cost, and is practically nothing compared to the money you save on the first repair you do using the Factory Repair Manual as your guide to get it right the first time. Remember, the German version of Mr. Goodwrench charges on average $75.00 an hour to work on your 944. Our last timing and balance shaft replacement cost by a local shop was over $700.00, but using the Factory Repair Manual, you can do the job in under 4 hours for just the cost of parts. Any serious 944 or 944 Turbo owner ought to jump on this deal just to be in a position to know enough about the car not to get ripped off at the dealer. Extra copies are available. You may purchase up to 4 sets at the listed price, and all but the first ship free, for a savings of up to $18.00 on shipping and insurance

Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
OK, Got more info from Porschepower on service manual as follow:

Our in-stock manuals for 997 include the 2005-2006 factory manual, plus a 50 page supplement on GT3 and a 150 page 997 Turbo supplement. So far the later edition manuals, 2007-2008 have not been available from any reliable sources of ours. If the 2005-2006 manual plus supplements would be helpful (about 98% of the details are unchanged for 2007, and this manual runs to 5,222 pages, which ought to pretty much be enough info, anyway.....) then that CD is $65.95, and shipping to USA addresses is free.

I ordered the CD. will give feedback once i get the CD

Old 12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Thanks for the follow up. way back when I first posted this they did not have anything for the 997 3's. Interested in your evaluation. this thread was picked up on Rennlist so it will be of interest.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by toadinlaw
Thanks for the follow up. way back when I first posted this they did not have anything for the 997 3's. Interested in your evaluation. this thread was picked up on Rennlist so it will be of interest.
Sure thing Frank. CD is on it's way and will give feedback once i browse through the content

Mike

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
https://techinfo2.porsche.com/

Technically, you need to be a authorized user, but...what the heck, why not.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
https://techinfo2.porsche.com/

Technically, you need to be a authorized user, but...what the heck, why not.
Has anyone signed up for this and tried it. It looks as if you can sign up and just pay as you go per document. ??

Old 12-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by toadinlaw
Has anyone signed up for this and tried it. It looks as if you can sign up and just pay as you go per document. ??
365 Day Subscription5,000.00 US $ (plus VAT)
ouch! i will wait for my CD

Old 12-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mikymu
Sure thing Frank. CD is on it's way and will give feedback once i browse through the content

Mike

Mike, its been a few days (a week) since you ordered the manual on CD, did you get it? What do you think?

Old 12-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Edgemontvillage
Mike, its been a few days (a week) since you ordered the manual on CD, did you get it? What do you think?
yes, got the CD yesterday. i took several screen shots. i am at work now, will do a detail report when i get home tonight

Last edited by mikymu; 12-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:09 PM
997 service manual CD review

OK

here is my review of the 997 service manual CD. it has more information on servicing all 997 series - other than GT3/RS - than 99.8% of us ever need. the bulk of the CD contained over 5000 pages on everything you ever need to know from changing windshield wiper to engine removal and overhaul. the 50 pages of technical information on GT3 is nothing more than a scan of the brochure on how mighty GT3 is compare with "ordinary" 997. it does not contain ANY service information. I have the brochure ... in German lol

so, is it still useful for GT3/RS ... YES of course! we will be able to use 95% of the content and just ask our service adviser if we need specific information on how to remove the oil dry sump unit

cost of CD: $65.95

you can contact PlasticExperts@aol.com if you are interested

Here are couple pictures of the 997 Service CD and content

CD itself

content of CD

example of the famous 50 pages of GT3 "technical" content lol

table of content .... there is A-LOT more since there are 5000+ pages

i got to use it the other day to help remove the headliner and it was very helpful!

i also use it to clean my flywheel lol

Last edited by mikymu; 05-08-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Hey Mike, thanks for the product review, I purchased the CD a few days ago and am still waiting for it to arrive. Looks like it's useful and a good value. I'm a bit disappointed the GT3 section is brochure-ware.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Edgemontvillage
Hey Mike, thanks for the product review, I purchased the CD a few days ago and am still waiting for it to arrive. Looks like it's useful and a good value. I'm a bit disappointed the GT3 section is brochure-ware.
yeah, i was disappointed too but the rest of the CD is very useful for weekend warriors like ourselves. we still be able to use more than 98% of the material for our RS

Old 12-13-2008, 07:21 AM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.manualsoft.com/index.php?...ort=1a&page=91

I ordered Parts Catalog CD (Lexus) and waiting for confirmation

Pending..........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Shop Manual