GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best wax for clear bra? Also - best product for removing "track smudges"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM
koen_dr is on a distinguished road
Chemical Guys has a dedicated sealant for these clear bra's... For the tire marks and tar I would just use a good tar and bugg remover, also made by Chemical Guys... their products are great and do as advertised, which is not always so with different brands... You guys should also get some Jetseal 109 and 50/50 wax, GREAT STUFF

Old 09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
MagnusB is on a distinguished road
I have PF1 Film Cleanse. Is the TTR different and/or better?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:23 PM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MagnusB
I have PF1 Film Cleanse. Is the TTR different and/or better?
I use PF1 film cleanse on the entire car right after after washing (before waxing), and to remove bug goo and similar detritus between washes. TTR is used mostly for black marks after tracking that won't come off with routine washing or with PF1. It can be used sparingly and only for spot removal, not like PF1 which can be used like a detail spray on the entire vehicle. TTR works very well.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:34 PM
MagnusB is on a distinguished road
Thanks drl!
Will add more black marks tomorrow so time to buy some TTR it seems :-)

Old 09-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Wayne K is on a distinguished road
For clean paint protection film I like using Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish. http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-4.../dp/B000DZXIJM

Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
For clear bra guys, you can also use "Plexus".

This is a marine grade cleaner made for plastics. Been around for years, and works great. Can be had at most local marine stores. Most the clear bra installers I've worked with use this stuff.
Here is a photo.

Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
goof off in a spray can - works wonders. i ran over some tire debris and this took everything off easily. diluted isopropropl alcohol also works well in removing contaminants such as tree sap and minor scratches. test it on a small area and wipe off with a lot of detailer spray / water

Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
+1^ ; Isopropyl alcohol in greater than 90% concentration is great for removing scratches and swirls from clear bras too. It may take several applications, but it works. Best,

Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by koen_dr
Chemical Guys has a dedicated sealant for these clear bra's... For the tire marks and tar I would just use a good tar and bugg remover, also made by Chemical Guys... their products are great and do as advertised, which is not always so with different brands... You guys should also get some Jetseal 109 and 50/50 wax, GREAT STUFF
can't comment on the other products mentioned in this thread but this guy is spot on. I've loved every Chemical Guys product I've tried...and this is my shelf:

Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 AM
loworbitsi will become famous soon enough
I was just looking for all this for cleaning track goobers, and some cone marks off my side skirts. I've tried goo gone, bug and tar, and simple green. I might have to try that marine store product. Thanks!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We use a product made by Mothers on all the race cars as well the road cars.

Does not harm paint of vinyl.

Its called Mothers R3..

We have it in the shop if anyone needs some -just stop by.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 09-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Trollinger is on a distinguished road
+1 for TTR. Works like a charm. While it might sound funny, I use a wool cloth instead of a microfiber towel as it works in half the time. Before foam pads, there was wool.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
When using TTR make sure you wear gloves. It is pretty harsh on your skin.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I've wanted to try out Mother R3, but I can't find it anywhere. I guess I'll have to order it on line and wait.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AWD
For clear bra guys, you can also use "Plexus".

This is a marine grade cleaner made for plastics. Been around for years, and works great. Can be had at most local marine stores. Most the clear bra installers I've worked with use this stuff.
Here is a photo.
+1 on Plexus.

Also, I've used Honda motorcycle cleaner/polish on my car's paint and clear bra for many years. Works great, doesn't whiten plastic or rubber, and leaves no film like Plexus tends to. Buy it at any Motorcycle shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Best wax for clear bra? Also - best product for removing "track smudges"?