GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Next gen 991 GT3 RS 600 hp??!!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:16 PM
gtdoggie is on a distinguished road
Cool Next gen 991 GT3 RS 600 hp??!!

OK. I'm the guy who has been sweating over making the decision to upgrade from the 3.8 RS that I love so much to a 4.0 spot I got at msrp. Finally felt good about it and sold my beautiful 3500 mile perfect 2010 3.8 RS last week for 127K and was looking forward to the decision I made to get the 4.0 which arrives in 3 weeks. Until.......I heard from somebody today that the next gen 991 GT3 will have 500 hp and the RS will have close to 600hp!! Somebody please tell me this can't be or that I am having a bad dream. I thought we were hearing #s of around 480hp. I am once again questioning my upgrade ......s**t!, just when I was feeling good... and now my 3.8 is gone!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
well I wouldn't worry so much, the 991 GT3 is still like close to 2 years away. Enjoy your 4.0! you won't regret it!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 AM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Get the 4.0 like Crea said. It's all rumors regarding HP and so on until Porsche actually releases something so...
There is still time until the new GT3RS will come out.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
If you waited for the 991 GT3RS, when the GT2RS comes out with 750hp (making that number up off the top of my head, haven't heard any rumors lol), you'll question why you didn't wait for that lol. The 4.0 is gonna be a hell of a car, enjoy it and then when the 991 GT3RS comes out, you can think about trading her in.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:52 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Cool 3 years minimum

Ok per GT3 class race ruls, the latest year model must be coompete for three sesason, So 4.0 is a 2012 model, so soonest the new gt3 class will be our (991) is veyr late 2015 for the 2016 racing seaon. I doubt seriously if Porsche will put a GT3 out that surpasses the 4.0 HP. Now a new 991 GT3RS, I am certain it will surpass it, but not by 100 HP. Likely per my Porsche rep to see a GT3 under 991 badge with 480-495 HP, just shy of the 4.0. And an RS around 520-535 HP. Not going to out a nomrally aspirated car out that obsoletes away the recent GT2RS, that car is already suffering a soft resale market.

Now my rep could be wrong, but he is the Porsche rep, not the dealer saleman, so sorta think he has a small idea. Either way, the last Mezger engine car is sure to be a collectors item LONG term, not right away but 10-20 years from now. If i had the extra for another car, i would for sure buy that car. I have seen three in person now and they are all SUPER looking inside and out. The trim is awesome and the airbox is so trick. Get the 4.0 and dont look back. I love my gen 1 beacuse of the historic porsche colors, orange and green, and the fact that they were the first RS GT3s to come to the US While ur 3.8 is a great car, better perfomring than a stock Gen 1 and equally cool, i
would argue the Gen 2 is less special than the gen 1 historically and the gen 1 is less significant historically than the 4.0. All just my opinion, but hey thats why we all have diff colors, aftermarket parts, etc.....to each his own. But dude, go get that car.

Originally Posted by Crea
well I wouldn't worry so much, the 991 GT3 is still like close to 2 years away. Enjoy your 4.0! you won't regret it!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Typos and Ipads

I can spell, but cant pe fast on an ipad. Frgive the mispells....

Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
jakegt3 is on a distinguished road
There is ALWAYS something better coming if you wait for the next model. But if you keep holding out for the newest and greatest, you'll never buy anything. Life is too short to play that game.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The 991 RS will come out about mid life cycle, so that's a LONG ways out. And I doubt the first iteration has 100 more hp than the regular GT3. That is nothing like Porsche. You are lucky to get 20 hp. I don't know where that rumor came from, but at best it's 4-5 years out, and at worse, it's not going to happen at all.

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Ok per GT3 class race ruls, the latest year model must be coompete for three sesason, So 4.0 is a 2012 model, so soonest the new gt3 class will be our (991) is veyr late 2015 for the 2016 racing seaon. I doubt seriously if Porsche will put a GT3 out that surpasses the 4.0 HP. Now a new 991 GT3RS, I am certain it will surpass it, but not by 100 HP. Likely per my Porsche rep to see a GT3 under 991 badge with 480-495 HP, just shy of the 4.0. And an RS around 520-535 HP. Not going to out a nomrally aspirated car out that obsoletes away the recent GT2RS, that car is already suffering a soft resale market.

Now my rep could be wrong, but he is the Porsche rep, not the dealer saleman, so sorta think he has a small idea. Either way, the last Mezger engine car is sure to be a collectors item LONG term, not right away but 10-20 years from now. If i had the extra for another car, i would for sure buy that car. I have seen three in person now and they are all SUPER looking inside and out. The trim is awesome and the airbox is so trick. Get the 4.0 and dont look back. I love my gen 1 beacuse of the historic porsche colors, orange and green, and the fact that they were the first RS GT3s to come to the US While ur 3.8 is a great car, better perfomring than a stock Gen 1 and equally cool, i
would argue the Gen 2 is less special than the gen 1 historically and the gen 1 is less significant historically than the 4.0. All just my opinion, but hey thats why we all have diff colors, aftermarket parts, etc.....to each his own. But dude, go get that car.
GT3 class rules? Are you talking about FIA?

The 4.0 engine has been racing since last year (2010), so even if it does have to race for 3 years next year would fulfill the requirement. You forget, the FIA allows manufacturers 1 year (I think) from the season they race in to actually produce the car from which the race car is designed.

There will be a 991 RSR before 2015. 2013-2014 at the latest.

Last edited by heavychevy; 11-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 AM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck waiting for the next 2-3 years for the 991 gt3 to come, which no one knows is going to entail. Get the 4.0 since you already sold your 3.8RS. Lifes short and you never know whats gonna happen, your here NOW, LIVE for today not tommorow!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtdoggie
OK. I'm the guy who has been sweating over making the decision to upgrade from the 3.8 RS that I love so much to a 4.0 spot I got at msrp. Finally felt good about it and sold my beautiful 3500 mile perfect 2010 3.8 RS last week for 127K and was looking forward to the decision I made to get the 4.0 which arrives in 3 weeks. Until.......I heard from somebody today that the next gen 991 GT3 will have 500 hp and the RS will have close to 600hp!! Somebody please tell me this can't be or that I am having a bad dream. I thought we were hearing #s of around 480hp. I am once again questioning my upgrade ......s**t!, just when I was feeling good... and now my 3.8 is gone!

There is no indication what so ever that the NEW Rs will have 600hp.
Someone is sharing "dreams" with you.

In addition Porsche has not confirmed what engine the next GT3 will have either.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TurboDogue

I agree 100%
The 4.0 IS a collectors car and IMO one of the top 5 porsches EVER produced. Get it, drive it, love it, and keep it. That is what I would do if I had the coin.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
well, when the 991 GT3 comes out, will you wait for the RS? And then when the RS comes out, will you wait to see if there's another limited edition RS after that? You can that game forever brother!

Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Quit worrying and enjoy your car, and the process of acquiring and owning it. If you are always waiting two years for the next best thing to come out, you will never have anything at all. Live in the now!! Seize the day!!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
No way I believe that next RS will have 600HP. My guess, GT3 will have around 450, RS with around 500. If they cut some weight, they don't have to add a bunch of power over the current models.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM
GRGx3 is on a distinguished road
Buy the 4 enjoy it and if the new one is something you want when it comes out sell me your 4.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Next gen 991 GT3 RS 600 hp??!!