GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:52 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Can't wait to hear this set up this weekend. Been running SW with valves disconnect but from just the video I think this is the better route. Thanks for all the research.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I stopped off on my way home and snapped a few shots of the dirty car.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics Matt! Hope you had a great trip! I'm up in NC on the Blue Ridge as I type this! Had a great day today...hoping the weather holds off for the rest of the week so we can put some miles on it up here!

Car looks sharp bro...glad to hear your happy with your exhaust setup...for now! LOL

Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
So I needed to take some photos of all of my Detailing Gear for my crazy website. Since I had everything disorganized and my wife wasn't home to see this, I decided to laying everything out on my workbench. I guess you have to be committed to be a detailer.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Love it! Nice 'collection' Matt!

Old 06-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Money2536
So I needed to take some photos of all of my Detailing Gear for my crazy website. Since I had everything disorganized and my wife wasn't home to see this, I decided to laying everything out on my workbench. I guess you have to be committed to be a detailer.

Dude... you are insane and I love it! I organized my garage about two weeks ago and had the unsettling thought of "I wonder how much $ I have invested in all this gear and product?"... Now I feel better knowing it's nowhere near as much as you do!!!

Keep up all the great posts!

Old 06-05-2015, 01:38 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
You literally take insane to a whole new level. All I can say is, when you are ready to sell your car, just message me, and I'm dead serious about that. I don't mind buying a GT3 from a pscyho like you, at least I know it was well maintained. You are crazier than me when it comes to this.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:41 PM
My Public Apology to SW and GMG

Well, I lived with the drone, resonance, and vibration of the Side Muffler/Valve delete with the factory center muffler for about a month. It gave me most everything I was hoping to accomplish:

More aggressive
Less hollow sounding
Drop the weight off the rear
Inexpensive.

It did great on the trip to the mountains driving 80mph on the highway. There was definitely drone, but it wasn't at a frequency that bothered me much. It wasn't boomy and annoying. I also loved the extra aggression it gave me when driving like an idiot around the mountains. It gives you the same aggressive note at 3000 RPMs that it does at 7000 RPMs which I wanted.

So what's the problem? I hadn't driven around town with it. Well, it just isn't liveable for me on a day to day basis. The is a really annoying resonance/vibration that is present as the engine slows to idle from say 3500 RPMs. It pains me to put all that weight back on the car, but it's done.

I drove around the block with the SW and factory mufflers reinstalled and immediately knew the center bypass is still the best option we have. That's a hard lesson to admit, but I believe it to be the truth. I still think all of the versions of the exhaust I tried are all viable for the right person. They just weren't what I was looking to accomplish.

So Miss Baby and I took the bumper off again and got to work putting the SW bypass and side mufflers back on the car. The video is below. Forgive for all of the arrogant sounding dialog. That wasn't my intent. I just talk about what's in my head and sometimes it doesn't come across well. You may want to skip around to the parts you care to see.

I talked with AWE, but I don't think there is enough of a market for them to get involved. After hearing the GMG and SW side-by-side I'm going to most likely end up with the GMG.

I think it would be fun and rather informative to make a video showing the exact difference between the two. I'm probably going to wait a while to do it as I'm a bit exhausted from taking the car apart so many times and am not super excited to drop another couple of grand on this topic.

Anyway, thanks for following me on the experiment. I had a blast.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Fantastic feedback, thank you! As someone who already has purchased a SharkWerks bypass but hasn't yet installed it, you have helped to confirm my decision that this should be a good all around modification!

Thanks for all the photos and videos too.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Chris Smith Racing Exhaust

I'm sure you guys are getting tired of me screwing with this. After I took the FVD j-pipes off, I decided I was going to stick with the Sharkwerks. It really is great.

Well...that lasted about three days. I called Chris Smith in Atlanta just to talk to him about his bypass solution. About 5 minutes later, they had my credit card, and one was in the mail.

Since I don't let anyone else drive my car, the best way for me to compare the sound is to make a video. Plus I need to get my money's worth out of the Rode Stereo Video Mic X that I bought.

I really like the way it sounds. I wasn't sure about it, but the single "butthole" look is growing on me.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:39 PM
2fnquik is on a distinguished road
Great videos, appreciate you publishing all of this research at such a granular level! In my opinion the CSR bypass sounds slightly better- a touch throatier and deeper.
This may be apples and oranges, but from a purely acoustic perspective how would you compare your latest exhaust iterations on the GT3 to the AWE Switchpath on the Carrera S?
Thanks again!

Old 07-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by 2fnquik
Great videos, appreciate you publishing all of this research at such a granular level! In my opinion the CSR bypass sounds slightly better- a touch throatier and deeper.
This may be apples and oranges, but from a purely acoustic perspective how would you compare your latest exhaust iterations on the GT3 to the AWE Switchpath on the Carrera S?
Thanks again!
The AWE on the C2S X51 was perfect. Just the right amount of nasty, but zero drone. It was awesome.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:30 PM
2fnquik is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Originally Posted by Money2536
The AWE on the C2S X51 was perfect. Just the right amount of nasty, but zero drone. It was awesome.
It sure sounds that way on video!

Old 07-18-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm going to be honest. I've reached my limit. I'm actually a little embarrassed to make this post, but I think it may be helpful to some. I knew I was willing to put in some time, a little money, and some extra effort in documenting this crusade, but it has obviously gone much further than I anticipated.

But...here we are. I've lost count on what iteration this is and it's a little premature to declare victory, but I think I've found what I am looking to accomplish.

The worst part about this whole crusade is that I knew what needed to be done from the very beginning. I had fully intended to buy the GMG from the beginning, but SW ran a group buy shortly after I got the car. I was still recovering from the sticker shock of losing a bunch of cash on my C2S, and thought it prudent to save the $900 over buying the GMG option.

I guess I could look at this way:

1.) I wouldn't be as appreciative of it had I not gone through this exercise.

2.) The other positive is that I intend, God willing, to be a GT3 owner for the rest of my life, so I now have a much better understanding of the vehicle.

In reality, I just wasted a bunch of time and money, but I sure had fun doing it!

So here is what happened. I was at the crossroads again after the side muffler delete didn't work for me. I put my tail between my legs, put my SW bypass and side mufflers back on the car, and decided I would just enjoy the car. "STOP OBSESSING!"

That of course lasted about a week. I sent a text to my buddy that had two GMG sections laying in his house that needed to be sent back to Cali after the Smokies event. That got my wheels turning again. He threw out the CSR option. I got on the phone with Chris Smith Racing and after 5 minutes on the phone, I was back in the trial and error game.

I knew the single exit (I refer to it as the "single butthole") would be a difficult thing for me to overcome. If I were a real car guy and was all about performance/sound, I wouldn't care. But those that know me probably knew and were screaming at the computer screen that there was no way I'd be able to handle it.

The CSR really does sound great and doesn't look all that bad, but I put the SW back on after about a week and a half. The difference in sound wasn't enough to justify the off-putting look of the butthole. I talked to Chris about making a dual exit version to satisfy the masses. He is looking into it.

I decided I was done. Well Wednesday afternoon I made the mistake of giving Ryan, from GMG a call just to "pick his brain." I bought my GMG cage from him, and respect his opinion. He's a real car guy and is a fellow S2K enthusiast. We all know how that would turn out. I'm ponying up another couple of grand, sigh... :banghead:

I got one. I just put it on today, so I don't have a very strong opinion yet. But I'm fairly certain, it's the one. Let's see if I can resist the temptation for headers. I'll have more info and footage as I get more time with it.

I also solved my license plate conundrum. Ryan threw one in the box for me. Something about the plain black frame wasn't working for me. I've never been a fan of branded plate frames, but something about this one appeals to me.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:45 AM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Looks and sounds amazing - especially on the top end.
Even the GMG plate seems to fit well for some reason.

Even though i don't my GT3 yet, you're certainly saving me time and money on the accessories that I consider to be must have's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal