GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Porsche #6 for me- my first GT3 (2015)!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Porsche #6 for me- my first GT3 (2015)!!!

Well I was always going to get the car and come back to Porsche (I recently sold a 2014 Turbo S, owned 996 Turbo, 997.1 Turbo, 997.2 Turbo, and 991 C4S). The only question was when and I was eyeing this open build (2015) for about 2 weeks. Its not a perfect build; that's what a order car is for, but it has all I wanted and then some. Of course its white!!!

What a car this thing is... The handling, the steering, the aural lift at 6k plus rpms and the interior just takes the cake. Now it doesn't have all the luxury items the Turbo S had but I don't care. Hell my Ferrari doesn't even have homelink LOL. The experience with my short drive home from the dealer (about 60 miles) was nothing short of brilliant. The car is flatter in turns and in straights than even, dare I say, the 458. Its a pancake of love and its the easiest driver Ive ever owned. Now I do need more seat time and I will provide more input. The exhaust is excellent- maybe just a little too docile at low rpms but the SW bypass will solve that or I can just plug the valves and keep them open all the time. I have really grown accustomed to the amazing 991 chassis (this is my third) and to drop weight, add hp, and put it in the GT3 is incredible. This PDK aka PDK-S (mode I use) is the fastest programmed PDK I've owned and I have had 4 Porsche PDK's. Did I mention the handling? This car is driver bliss and while its not as fast as the Turbo S its more rewarding. The Turbo S is truly a GT car and this is a race car for the street. Im having a blast!!!

I will say that the Jag (my F Type R) still has the best stock exhaust out there. I wont say the note is the best because the sound of the GT3 LeMans style shrieks are crazy. I would just say the Jag has the most to say . I do need to tint the thing.

Here are a few cell phone shots:

Old 12-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's a beauty Vic! Love that interior. Great song choice by the way Enjoy!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:01 AM
rob_zhp is on a distinguished road
Amazing car. Enjoy it, oh and good choice with Ice Cube playing on the stereo lol.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rob_zhp
Amazing car. Enjoy it, oh and good choice with Ice Cube playing on the stereo lol.

Good catch! Congrats Vic!

Old 12-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thats a beauty! Congratulations!
Love the interior...red stitching and dials to go with it.
Enjoy, enjoy!

Old 12-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! She's perfect!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 12-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Theram is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

fantastic car and good review . after driving 4 PDK's ( I am sure nobody has done this ) , you're comparisons and reviews would be spot on since you probably experienced all the 911 modern range

Old 12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
awesome write up and congrats!
sounds like a great car.
BTW, get rid of the bottle of Dr Pepper before it explodes in the back

Old 12-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
thank you all!!!

Originally Posted by Theram
fantastic car and good review . after driving 4 PDK's ( I am sure nobody has done this ) , you're comparisons and reviews would be spot on since you probably experienced all the 911 modern range
Its funny you typed that... I can still remember how my 997.2 Turbo was with the PDK... the shifts were great but the electronics didnt compare to my 991 C4S or the 991 Turbo S. Porsche definitely made adjustments after the initial run. The GT3 supposedly gets it own PDK tune and I can tell immediately in both manual and drive modes via the PDK-S ON button. The pull of the car along with aggression is more prevalent. Obviously shifting at 9k rpms doesnt hurt

Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
awesome write up and congrats!
sounds like a great car.
BTW, get rid of the bottle of Dr Pepper before it explodes in the back
LOL funny you saw that... after I took the quick pick I was going to just take it again but said nah....

Old 12-18-2014, 02:42 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Congratulations! She is a beaut! Enjoy!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:23 PM
MLA
MLA is on a distinguished road
Beautiful Vic! Enjoy in good health.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:15 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Very nice Vic. Congrats on a beauty.. Would love to hear a review between the new GT3 and your 458.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Very nice Vic. Congrats on a beauty.. Would love to hear a review between the new GT3 and your 458.

Its partially your fault once David told me about your car and I saw your post here LOL.... I went and test drove it and it was a done deal. I found one that I could get a "car deal" on (you know what I mean) and moved on it. Have you done the SW yet?

Ill need to get more seat time in the GT3 to give you further impressions vs the 458. The 458 has a little bit extra oooomph with the full Capristo (no cats) exhaust and ecu. I say in a straight line the GT3 is actually easier to launch; it almost feels like an AWD Turbo car as there is no wheel spin. The 458's steering is ever so slightly more on point than the 991 IMHO but I do like the chassis feel and overall handling better in the GT3. I feel more confident in turns at higher speeds, barely. The 458 is faster up top with its hp advantage and the F1 Capristo cat fee sound is immense but at times too immense. I like the GT3 for its usability and its, dare I say, less "look at me" styling. They are absolutely two wonderful cars that compliment each other. The F car is more work when it comes to parking and worrying about potential hand prints and attention. But thats expected with the car of that caliber and heritage.

Both are brilliant and to have two 9k rpm cars is an honor.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:08 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Lookin good Vic, Congrats!

Old 12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
supercubscott is on a distinguished road
Vic, you lucky guy! Although I'm sure you've worked very hard and deserve it! Two of my favorite cars! Enjoy the heck out of 'em!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche #6 for me- my first GT3 (2015)!!!