GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT Silver color shift in varying ambient light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
GT Silver color shift in varying ambient light

I'm staggered at how much this version of silver changes over differing ambient light. The following pics were taken over the last couple of days and the pics are unadulterated and with no color adjustments.
Btw, this is also another excuse to post more pics

The first batch are at sunset and very bright sunlight.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:25 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Fantastic shots Haku! Keep finding any excuse to post more pics. Whether it's behind the wheel, in my garage or on 6speed, I can't get enough of the GT3!!

Old 12-22-2014, 03:13 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous car and great pics. Congrats!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Love that first picture What mileage are you up to Haku?

Old 12-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Love that first picture What mileage are you up to Haku?
Am up to 850 miles. Not much I know, but time and good weather have been in short supply. I've driven mostly on mountain and country roads and have loved every mile in this car. It is truly stunning.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:47 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Haku
Am up to 850 miles. Not much I know, but time and good weather have been in short supply. I've driven mostly on mountain and country roads and have loved every mile in this car. It is truly stunning.
Very nice GT3...enjoy & congrats!

Old 01-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Silver is one of the great colors to play with in changing color temperatures. Guards Red is a bit of fun as well.

Nice photos!

Old 01-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Brother Maynard will become famous soon enough
I'm looking at custom ordering a Panamera GTS soon. I've always been a fan of cognac interiors and separately of silver exteriors. I recently saw this GTS on the lot with rhodium silver and a cognac interior. I was surprised with how well they complemented each other...even though I'm sure others would disagree. Now I'm feeling more comfortable with combining the two colors, but if so now I'm thinking that GT Silver would be a better silver choice since it has tones that would match the cognac better than the rhodium. I just haven't seen a Panamera GTS in GT Silver with cognac interior and would be ordering it sight unseen. I know it's all a matter of opinion and this will be my first Porsche. Thoughts?

GTS: Rhodium Silver with Cognac Interior

Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 AM
^ BM, just a few thoughts. Rhodium is a fairly colder silver. Imo, it's blue hue may be less compatible with a cognac interior. GT Silver has a warmer and deeper tone and like the older Platinum and Seal versions of silver/grey changes a lot in ambient light. I'm a fan of silver and GT Silver has pleasantly surprised me. Unfortunately, Rhodium just doesn't do it for me and without wanting to offend anyone, it's my least favourite silver.

The following image was taken a couple of days ago and shows how much the color changes in differing ambient light. It can at times be a solid deep silver or a much warmer one.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Brother Maynard will become famous soon enough
Thanks Haku...I agree. While the Rhodium may have an interesting contrast when paired with cognac, I feel that GT Silver has tones more suitable with cognac. Therefore...mine is being built to order now. Thanks for the input.