GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2015 GT3 vs 2016 991.2 TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
2015 GT3 vs 2016 991.2 TTS

I know this has been posted endlessly before. I have to make a decision real soon here. I'm checking out with my dealer if there is still an allocation for a 2015 GT3 to special order They have two coming in but are fitted with Sport bucket seats which are not to my liking. Just don't find it as comfortable as the std sport seats & non adjustable too. Failing which I'll go for the 991.2 TTS which will be a 2016 model & I'm quite sure it will be launched after September '15 together with the rest of the 991.2 model range. Head says go for the 991.2 TTS & my heart says the GT3. Car will be used mainly as a fun week end car & no tracking for me. My reasons for going for the 991.2 TTS are that is more practical & comfortable for road use & more powerful with instant power available. For the GT3 is a no frill sport car which has less electronic gizmo on board & chances of going wrong are lesser at least in my opinion, much cheaper, the feel of a raw sport car & much better looking.
Tough call & all opinions are welcome. Cheers mate!

Old 01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
bigkraig will become famous soon enough
you can probably find someone with a 14 to trade seats with

Old 01-31-2015, 02:49 PM
john weires is on a distinguished road
Diff, I'm going through the same terrible indecision process as you are between a 991 GT3 (found one very close to options I would have ordered already in US) and a 2015 Turbo that I currently have on order to spec.

I am currently in the "paralysis of analysis" being well aware of the different traits of the two cars on paper as well as according to reviews and forum comments etc. Like you, my brain says Turbo, my heart says GT3 and I have vacillated terribly between the two. I am making a 700 mile trip to compare both back to back next week to hopefully come to a firm conclusion.

I would like to own both for different driving duties as I consider each car the best on the market for the money for it's intended use. Unfortunately, money, garage space and my wife are obstacles to owning both cars.

My advise if you can only buy one car would be to drive both now (the current Turbo). If you still can't clearly decide, buy the GT3 and enjoy it awhile. It will depreciation considerably less than a Turbo so you could always trade it in in a year from now on a 2016 with very little loss.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:37 PM
rdf16 will become famous soon enoughrdf16 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by john weires
Diff, I'm going through the same terrible indecision process as you are between a 991 GT3 (found one very close to options I would have ordered already in US) and a 2015 Turbo that I currently have on order to spec.

I am currently in the "paralysis of analysis" being well aware of the different traits of the two cars on paper as well as according to reviews and forum comments etc. Like you, my brain says Turbo, my heart says GT3 and I have vacillated terribly between the two. I am making a 700 mile trip to compare both back to back next week to hopefully come to a firm conclusion.

I would like to own both for different driving duties as I consider each car the best on the market for the money for it's intended use. Unfortunately, money, garage space and my wife are obstacles to owning both cars.

My advise if you can only buy one car would be to drive both now (the current Turbo). If you still can't clearly decide, buy the GT3 and enjoy it awhile. It will depreciation considerably less than a Turbo so you could always trade it in in a year from now on a 2016 with very little loss.

For sound and suspension it's a no brainer, GT3.

Herc

Old 01-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
John Weires: Hi there, I have driven both cars side by side in a track. The first thing I noticed is the TTS's weight, quietness, centre console full of buttons & the girth is so wide doubt if you ever have to fold the door mirror. GT3 a minimalist just drive it & enjoy the nimbleness & the sound. To sump it all up you know you are in a GT car when you are in a TTS & you are in a proper sport car when you are in a GT3. If you ask me what is the biggest thing I don't like about the TTS. I'll tell you is the weight. After all I like it simple for a sport car & strictly a fun week end car probably drive it once or twice a week. Cheers mate!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
The TT and TTS = marathon runners

The GT3 = a sprinter

Bearing in mind we know nothing about the .2's, currently they are all amazing in their own right but really are vastly different. Almost at a point where no comparison between them should be made.

Last edited by Haku; 02-01-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
One of the reasons I went for the GT3 is its exclusivity. Its noce to go days without seeing another one. Currently in London on business and seen dozens of Lambos, TTS, F430's etc, but in over a week I have only seen one 991 GT3 (although I saw a cherry vintage Carrera RS)

Here in Florida the TT/TTS is fairly commonplace and IMO there is too little differentiation between the TT/TTS. Just one persons viewpoint.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:24 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by Dlff
I know this has been posted endlessly before. I have to make a decision real soon here. I'm checking out with my dealer if there is still an allocation for a 2015 GT3 to special order They have two coming in but are fitted with Sport bucket seats which are not to my liking. Just don't find it as comfortable as the std sport seats & non adjustable too. Failing which I'll go for the 991.2 TTS which will be a 2016 model & I'm quite sure it will be launched after September '15 together with the rest of the 991.2 model range. Head says go for the 991.2 TTS & my heart says the GT3. Car will be used mainly as a fun week end car & no tracking for me. My reasons for going for the 991.2 TTS are that is more practical & comfortable for road use & more powerful with instant power available. For the GT3 is a no frill sport car which has less electronic gizmo on board & chances of going wrong are lesser at least in my opinion, much cheaper, the feel of a raw sport car & much better looking.
Tough call & all opinions are welcome. Cheers mate!
If it's got red stitching, I'll trade you for my 18 ways.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:27 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dlff
Car will be used mainly as a fun week end car & no tracking for me.
Others may disagree, but I don't think the TT qualifies. Great DD for those who don't want flash, but I wouldn't describe it as particularly fun.