GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Order process for GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 02:48 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Order process for GT3

I currently have an order in on a 2015 ZO6 with a tentative build date around the end of March. My wife & I have daily talks about the car & the supposed heat soak issues. She wants me to pull the order & get on the allocation list for a GT3. I have owned several Porsche cars over the years but have never ordered new. On this car, is there a several wait time. Are there nuances to the ordering process. Does equipment impact the wait times or allocation. I would probably order from Germain Porsche in Ann Arbor. Thx for any feedback.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
BlackPepper is on a distinguished road
You're a bit late and just make the call to dealers that might have some in stock and could ask for $$ above MSRP

Old 02-25-2015, 05:57 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Can't get a new build to order anymore.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:36 PM
2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold
I didn't know GT3's have a limited production run. I just got back from Stuttgart and it seemed like 20% of the cars I saw at the factory were GT3's.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:07 AM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2020
I didn't know GT3's have a limited production run. I just got back from Stuttgart and it seemed like 20% of the cars I saw at the factory were GT3's.
Despite what dealers (including a couple here on 6speed) would have people believe, unless you were really late to the party (like OP), everyone who wanted one got one.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 AM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Gotta find remaining units on the lot.
Stevenson imports in Denver has two white units new listed in stock and a pre-owned 14.
Definitely late to the game but they are out there at msrp.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sportscentury
Despite what dealers (including a couple here on 6speed) would have people believe, unless you were really late to the party (like OP), everyone who wanted one got one.
I'm not sure what your definition is of limited run but the reality is everyone who wanted one, between the months of October through December or the very small 2014 window, got one. To me that's a limited run.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 AM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
So I guess what 6speeders are saying is that an order placed now or going forward is going to get a 2016 model. If so, maybe that's an omen for an RS model !!

Old 02-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by viprklr
So I guess what 6speeders are saying is that an order placed now or going forward is going to get a 2016 model. If so, maybe that's an omen for an RS model !!
What I'm saying is you can't order a GT3 now or in the future as there are no 2016 models (unless PAG change their mind).

The RS might be a possibility but no one knows pricing or availability.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 PM
zotbot is on a distinguished road
fwiw,

A dealer recently told me PAG asked them if they could sell
more GT3s if they were given more allocations...

Sounds like more GT3s will be made available...

Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Seems like GT3's aren't going away, especially since the 'regular' 911s are going turbo.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by zotbot
fwiw,

Dealers know little to nothing about what is actually going on. If this was the case, why would PAG stop taking orders back in December?

With that said, I have no idea what PAG will do. I just want my GT3 RS

Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 AM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by zotbot
fwiw,

I think most believe there will be no 2016 GT3s, only 2016 GT3 RSs. If there are 2016 GT3s, some will be happy but it probably won't be current 991 GT3 owners as it will dilute the exclusivity. My guess is that the 991.2 GT3 comes out in 2017, but we'll see.