GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Switch from GT3 to F430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:34 PM
michaelm will become famous soon enoughmichaelm will become famous soon enough
Switch from GT3 to F430?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of making a switch from my .1 GT3 to an F430 (looking to stay 3 pedal, though they're posing very difficult to find, especially if I go coupe). I would just like some input from anyone that has done such, or the other way around. The maintenance on the older Ferrari's is what always set me back, but after doing some reading, it seems that the F430's are pretty reliable and maintenance cost are pretty reasonable, especially considering they run a timing chain and not belts. So if anyone is looking for a really clean .1 GT3 Black on Black with a flicker over 9K, one should be available soon.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:43 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
The F430 is a 200k car and with that the maintenance, wear items, and repairs are for 200k cars. Don't be fooled into thinking it's cheap because it's not. Yearly maintenance on my Scud was 2-3k with major years being well above that. You also almost have to do all work at a dealership otherwise your resale will suffer because Fcar buyers are VERY particular. Mileage is also a huge factor in resale. If you plan to drive it, be prepared to lose a lot of money on depreciation.

With that said, I miss my Scud. The car was the best car I've owned by far and once my dealer finds a Speciale to my spec, I'll own another.