GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 prices

Old 03-19-2015, 09:11 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RossL
Not sure if you know this but it's looking like "normal" folks RS allocations aren't due for arrival till September/October at the earliest. This might keep the current GT3 market sparse for longer since people want their cars in the summer. Should be an interesting summer to say the least!

Yes, I realize the new GT3's have been sparse. However, I've already been able to run across as few decent examples, just not the right one. I'll be patient as I'm good with my back up plan with the GT4. I suspect the right car will show up, as more and more are coming available and so far it's been an issue with the car spec or the seller. If so, I'll likely go in that direction. I'm not interested in an RS since I won't track it a lot. Do you think there will be a .2 991 GT3 N/A?

Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Yes, I realize the new GT3's have been sparse. However, I've already been able to run across as few decent examples, just not the right one. I'll be patient as I'm good with my back up plan with the GT4. I suspect the right car will show up, as more and more are coming available and so far it's been an issue with the car spec or the seller. If so, I'll likely go in that direction. I'm not interested in an RS since I won't track it a lot. Do you think there will be a .2 991 GT3 N/A?
Based off history, yes and based off what AP said at Geneva, it will be NA. I'd be surprised if they rev it to 9k after dropping the RS but who knows.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:33 AM
TurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Yes, I'd rather have a GT3 as well. However, If I'm not able to find the right one, I may decide to give the GT4 a try to see how I like it. If it doesn't suit me, I can always go back and try to find a nice 991 GT3 as there should be more available on the market down the road as you've said. Or, perhaps get in line for a .2 991 GT3 as AP said that there will be another couple years for N/A GT cars. All good
If you get tired of your GT4, I may be interested in selling you a 2015 GT3 that I'm buying from someone who just got an RS allocation (I'm local too). Just get a good color, bucket seats, and navi.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:38 AM
TurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura about
As a data point, I'll be looking to close on a barely used lower option 2015 991 GT3 with LWB seats. I think that 2015 cars with the LWB seats will hold their value better than 2014 cars and cars without the LWB seats. That's just my opinion. I'll be looking to sell the 991 GT3 when I get my hands on a GT4 and a 991 RS which won't be until 2016. I too believe that PAG's greed for profit will drive them to built more RSs and GT4s than people think, especially since the euro is going to parity this year.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:00 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TurboLover
If you get tired of your GT4, I may be interested in selling you a 2015 GT3 that I'm buying from someone who just got an RS allocation (I'm local too). Just get a good color, bucket seats, and navi.
Even though I'm in the number1 spot at my dealer, they say I should not expect to see the car until Sept timeframe. I just may pop for 15 GT3 before.

Last edited by NelsonF; 03-25-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:06 PM
houstonGT2 will become famous soon enoughhoustonGT2 will become famous soon enough
According to my dealer, they will not get enough GT4s to meet the demand.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Michael Adair is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by houstonGT2
According to my dealer, they will not get enough GT4s to meet the demand.
I would agree with that. My dealer said as much as well. I think Europe is oversold at this point. Porsche is on a roll. They will not miss the chance for profit. Just a matter of when they build more...

Old 03-26-2015, 05:56 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael Adair
I would agree with that. My dealer said as much as well. I think Europe is oversold at this point. Porsche is on a roll. They will not miss the chance for profit. Just a matter of when they build more...
This. Don't believe what dealers are saying. They are in the business to make money and exclusivity drives desire and therefore demand. Porsche will release just enough cars to keep demand high but ultimately will meet the demand -1 (Ferrari's model). I'd bet they will produce significantly more GT4s than GT3 and Porsche met the demand for GT3 from September through December last year before stopping new allocations.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I think the GT4 will get produced slightly under demand to keep the hype up.

The GT3RS will be extremely limited, most dealers are getting 1-2 and likely had clients lined up the day it was announced. It will be interesting to see how it effects the market on the other cars, many who think they will be getting a RS likely won't, the big collectors and speculators usually hold the prime spots at dealerships. We currently have a 991 GT3, however if a RS comes up it will go away to make room. That being said in the meantime we're enjoying it and if a spot doesn't come available the GT3 will stay put. I think there might be quite a few situations for a while where people who thought they were going to get RS's and sold their 991 GT3s may find themselves back in the market for GT4s, GT3s, etc.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RossL
This. Don't believe what dealers are saying. They are in the business to make money and exclusivity drives desire and therefore demand. Porsche will release just enough cars to keep demand high but ultimately will meet the demand -1 (Ferrari's model). I'd bet they will produce significantly more GT4s than GT3 and Porsche met the demand for GT3 from September through December last year before stopping new allocations.
X2

You are also talking about a car that has a starting msrp 50k less then a gt3

Old 03-28-2015, 06:44 PM
houstonGT2 will become famous soon enoughhoustonGT2 will become famous soon enough
There is a 2014 991 w warranty until September 2019 for sale at porsche of north Houston. I drove today. 800 miles. Super nice. Asking MSRP. Bc of the warranty, it's seems like a good pick up. I work w Roger. He is very knowledgeable & helpful. Go for it.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
There is a 2014 991 w warranty until September 2019 for sale at porsche of north Houston. I drove today. 800 miles. Super nice. Asking MSRP. Bc of the warranty, it's seems like a good pick up. I work w Roger. He is very knowledgeable & helpful. Go for it.
FYI, all 2014's that were purchased by their original buyers have a 5 year, 100,000 mile warranty.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
I think the GT4 will get produced slightly under demand to keep the hype up.

The GT3RS will be extremely limited, most dealers are getting 1-2 and likely had clients lined up the day it was announced. It will be interesting to see how it effects the market on the other cars, many who think they will be getting a RS likely won't, the big collectors and speculators usually hold the prime spots at dealerships. We currently have a 991 GT3, however if a RS comes up it will go away to make room. That being said in the meantime we're enjoying it and if a spot doesn't come available the GT3 will stay put. I think there might be quite a few situations for a while where people who thought they were going to get RS's and sold their 991 GT3s may find themselves back in the market for GT4s, GT3s, etc.
I had about 8 cars book marked on my computer and 4 of them sold today. Dealers with 14's and 15's 991 GT3's in the 148-155K range are getting them sold. They was a flood of highly optioned 2015's that hit the market today between 158-175K that are sitting for now. There sure seems to be no shortage of 991 GT3's right now, maybe 25 on Autotrader total. In terms of 997's there are about 5 out there that are worth buying. I think it's spring and warming up in general and more cars are being sold period.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:39 PM
I spoke to them early afternoon and it's no longer on the site? Think it's gone?

Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Michael,

One thing I'm hearing is people that have confirmed RS and GT4 allocations are selling their GT3s now since the demand is very high and they most likely have other cars to enjoy over the summer.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 prices