GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

gt3rs options

Old 09-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Wegentop is on a distinguished road
gt3rs options

Hi all.

What are the must have options on the gt3rs if you are going to buy one.

Im lucky enough to be able to spec up my first gt car but im nervous about what should i have, the car will manly drive around city and will be rarely to take the car to track ( maybe 2~3 times a year ), i know its a track car, and people will be picky about the options if i am going to sell the car in the future, so would like to have some idea from all memebers before place an order.

Please let me know your thoughts, appreciated indeed.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:55 AM
bumpinjeep is on a distinguished road
Are you looking at an investment opportunity or are you planning on driving the car? Kind of two different schools of thought. If you're planning on driving it, then by all means, spec it out to how you want. Personally, I think a GT car should look crazy, bright colors, unique interior color schemes, everything. If you're planning on driving it for a year and selling it, well then there are probably a few options that make it easier to sell. I can't help you there.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:52 PM
JackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud of
This is a tough question - Do you want a loaded, Cars & Coffee boulevard cruiser RS with a lot of carbon fiber and leather wrapped A/C vents and other frou-frou stuff, or a proper take-no-prisoners, minimalist streetfighter kind of RS? Two different owner types for two different types of GT3 RS cars.

If I was going to spec a GT3 RS, mine would be pretty bare bones. Just Litronic headlights and and maybe a front axle lift to keep from pranging the front spoiler lip. I'd skip the carbon brakes because the standard steel brakes are more than you need on the street and are much less expensive to replace when needed. Most of the hardcore track guys with the carbon brakes switch to steel rotors.

The money I would save on skipping the non-essentials, I would spend on a Paint-to Sample color that would make my stripped down GT3 "mine". Make mine '74-77 911 Peru Red, code 042.

I believe that a minimally equipped RS will also be more desirable when the time comes to sell. It's a GT3 RS, not a Turbo! But also understand the market demographic for the newer Porsches is changing rapidly. Two years ago a GT3 without an available manual gearbox and not being equipped with a real Motorsport engine would have been considered blasphemy.

Times change, what is fashionable changes, people change. So, order the equipment that makes YOU happy!

Last edited by JackB911; 09-04-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm struggling on the few things,

1 ceramic brake, because never drive one in the past. I think this option will attract more Porsche fans when time comes to sell.

2 club sport deletion, the roll cage which I dont want to have, but as a track car, ppl may want thins as whole package.

3 PCM system...why this does not come with standard.....personally, its hard to spend that much money with a can without navigation....

I'm ordering a ultra violet, what color combinations you guys will pick for the interior and seat ? cause they only have GT silver and Lava orange available....

Old 09-06-2015, 04:27 AM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
gt3rs options

I would go for the PCCB brakes because that is what I believe most "buyers" would want. However, if you are going to keep the car then steel is fine. Interior wise I think the clubsport option is a must. We cannot have this package in the U.S. and most people put the cage in after buying there cars. BTW, don't do the cage in Ultraviolet b/c you will not be able to see it easily. Do it in the same color as the interior scheme. I'd go for the silver/grey with full black leather, alcantara, and carbon bits. Enjoy!!! Post pics when you get it!!!

Old 09-06-2015, 08:01 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
I spec'd mine bare bones - and spent money on an Akrapovic exhaust to save 30 + pounds ---- With respect to ceramics, in my personal experience, you don't see demand or pricing that will get you the money back if you ever decide to sell. This is my 5th new RS (996/997.1/997.2/4.0 and RS - in addition to my '73 :-) and I am keeping a few of them, but..... get what you want and love ... the stock carbon bits are fairly extensive... But what do I know.....

Old 09-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by stef430
I spec'd mine bare bones - and spent money on an Akrapovic exhaust to save 30 + pounds ---- With respect to ceramics, in my personal experience, you don't see demand or pricing that will get you the money back if you ever decide to sell. This is my 5th new RS (996/997.1/997.2/4.0 and RS - in addition to my '73 :-) and I am keeping a few of them, but..... get what you want and love ... the stock carbon bits are fairly extensive... But what do I know.....
May i ask what is your thoughts about the Sports chrono on the RS ?

I get told, the car won't be able to do launch control without sports chrono, is that true?

Old 09-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
I would go for the PCCB brakes because that is what I believe most "buyers" would want. However, if you are going to keep the car then steel is fine. Interior wise I think the clubsport option is a must. We cannot have this package in the U.S. and most people put the cage in after buying there cars. BTW, don't do the cage in Ultraviolet b/c you will not be able to see it easily. Do it in the same color as the interior scheme. I'd go for the silver/grey with full black leather, alcantara, and carbon bits. Enjoy!!! Post pics when you get it!!!
The cage only availbe in white, black and lava orange, i have decided to go white, but not sure will effect to the vision like you said.

thanks for your opinion.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:13 PM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
gt3rs options

That should look very nice. The contrast between the color of the car and the white cage will look great. Enjoy!

Old 09-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
That should look very nice. The contrast between the color of the car and the white cage will look great. Enjoy!
Thank you, The car should arrive by april 2016, will definitely post some pictures when delivered

Old 09-07-2015, 07:31 AM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Wegentop
May i ask what is your thoughts about the Sports chrono on the RS ?

I get told, the car won't be able to do launch control without sports chrono, is that true?
It is I believe, but never use LC - I did try to use it on my 918 on a day at the airstrip but ran quicker just doing what I normally do and modulating the car (it was a bit greasy).....

Old 09-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by stef430
It is I believe, but never use LC - I did try to use it on my 918 on a day at the airstrip but ran quicker just doing what I normally do and modulating the car (it was a bit greasy).....
i found it hardly to use them at all, i have Sports chrono on my c2s, but not even once....

I'm kind of know how to spec up the rs now, Thanks everyone, indeed !