GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Ultra Violet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:06 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Ultra Violet

So I finished my Turbo today with CQuartz and picked up my buddy's 991 GT3RS from Porsche (35 miles on it) and headed home to detail it for him. The dealership kindly hosed it down with water filled with calcium and left it in the sun to AIR DRY!!! It took a friend of mine and me 5 hours to correct the paint (new from the factory) to 95%. We had to used a Surbuf RS series pad with Megs D300 followed with CarPro Essence on a MF cutting pad and finished with CarPro Essence on a CarPro Gloss pad. We were very happy with the results and very happy to be done!

Name:  IMG_4074_zpshrflahmj.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  242.9 KB
Name:  IMG_4073_zpsmapzkrcf.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  226.9 KB

Old 11-23-2015, 04:10 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
wow, come do mine please. Purple never looked so good

Old 11-24-2015, 05:05 AM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MIkeGTS
wow, come do mine please. Purple never looked so good
Agreed...stunning.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:52 AM
agentf1 will become famous soon enoughagentf1 will become famous soon enough
Which CQuartz did you use on it?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:04 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by agentf1
Which CQuartz did you use on it?
The "new" formula was applied to the Turbo, not the RS. The RS was left with a coat of Essence: http://www.carpro-us.com/new-product...s-primer-16oz/
http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-se...t-new-formula/

Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Which CQuartz did you use?

When you used Essence with the Gloss pad how did you do it? What speed? How long did you work it in? What pad and machine etc...?

When I tried Essence with the Gloss pad it seemed really hard to remove and was not giving me the finish /i was looking for.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by agentf1
Which CQuartz did you use?

When you used Essence with the Gloss pad how did you do it? What speed? How long did you work it in? What pad and machine etc...?

When I tried Essence with the Gloss pad it seemed really hard to remove and was not giving me the finish /i was looking for.
Here is the link again to the CQuartz: http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-se...t-new-formula/
I used it on this car: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-bullet.html

If your paint needs minor corrections like some of the areas on this GT3RS did I would use a Megs MF cutting pad prior to switching over to the Gloss pad.

I used a Flex 3401 on speeds 4-6. I made 3-4 passes and wiped off the remaining product when it starting to dry. I used the pad/polish like I have used any other polishes in the past. I did have some areas that were harder to remove and I used some de-ionized water to help the removal.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:54 AM
I apologize for the duplicate question. I am on my ipad and only part of your answer loaded the first time. I should have refreshed the screen to see all of your answer.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Here is the link again to the CQuartz: http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-se...t-new-formula/
I used it on this car: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-bullet.html

If your paint needs minor corrections like some of the areas on this GT3RS did I would use a Megs MF cutting pad prior to switching over to the Gloss pad.

I used a Flex 3401 on speeds 4-6. I made 3-4 passes and wiped off the remaining product when it starting to dry. I used the pad/polish like I have used any other polishes in the past. I did have some areas that were harder to remove and I used some de-ionized water to help the removal.

This is what I did but it was really hard to remove. It was a really humid/raining day and I used QD to prime my pad. I will try it again without these conditions. I am also going to try a MFN Pad this time to see if it has any correcting abilities.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:06 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Nice work

What is it with the dealers now a days? You're expected to pay a fortune for these cars, they screw something up & expect the customer to step up. 5 hours of hard work, the dealership should of had it properly detailed in the 1st place.

Car looks pretty awesome now though!

The hideous amber side markers need to be changed to the clear LED's to finish the car, especially with the clear tail lights.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
What is it with the dealers now a days? You're expected to pay a fortune for these cars, they screw something up & expect the customer to step up. 5 hours of hard work, the dealership should of had it properly detailed in the 1st place.

Car looks pretty awesome now though!

The hideous amber side markers need to be changed to the clear LED's to finish the car, especially with the clear tail lights.
I think we are going to put it up for sale.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:44 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by drsullivan
So I finished my Turbo today with CQuartz and picked up my buddy's 991 GT3RS from Porsche (35 miles on it) and headed home to detail it for him. The dealership kindly hosed it down with water filled with calcium and left it in the sun to AIR DRY!!! It took a friend of mine and me 5 hours to correct the paint (new from the factory) to 95%. We had to used a Surbuf RS series pad with Megs D300 followed with CarPro Essence on a MF cutting pad and finished with CarPro Essence on a CarPro Gloss pad. We were very happy with the results and very happy to be done!

Absolutely stunning. Best colour for the RS

Old 11-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by spyderman
Absolutely stunning. Best colour for the RS
And will be very rare! UV was only produced for a short run. It's almost a free PTS!

Old 11-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
UV is stunning!

Old 12-07-2015, 03:43 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Love the UV....enjoy!