GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 RS vs. Huracan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 06:10 PM
blake1125 is on a distinguished road
991 RS vs. Huracan

Hello, I have a firm configured build for an RS, due in March 2016. I am purchasing the car at MSRP, so if I believe the hype in market, probably a little equity in it as I drive it off the lot. I have owned other Porsche GT/RS cars and historically havent deviated from the brand.

Realizing I am in a Porsche forum and expecting loyalty to the brand, I wanted to see if others had an opinion on the RS vs. Huracan. Has anyone owned or driven both? Based on a suggestion from a friend I visited my local dealer and was able to drive one. I was blown away with the sense of experience and drama. The V10 is spectacular and of course it has super car looks, etc.

My RS may see some DE trackdays but otherwise, I am more of a weekend/fair weather twisty roads, canyon carving, cars and coffee type. Honestly for the same $, the Huracan is tugging on me. I am debating just handing my RS allocation back to the dealer, or waiting, taking it, then selling for a small $profit to put towards the Huracan. Alternatively, I could just buy the Huracan tomorrow :-). RS will cost a bit less ($205k vs. $245k) and probably hold value a lot better.

Bottom line I am in a quandry here and wondered if anyone else considered a Huracan. The car gets really great reviews, reliability should be better than ever with the German guts, and I think it is a "value" in the supercar category...

Old 11-28-2015, 08:57 PM
blake1125 is on a distinguished road
600 views and not one opinion... I'm stumped, how should I interpret that

Old 11-28-2015, 09:52 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Flip the RS. Buy whatever you want at MSRP or below. If I was getting an RS at MSRP and these idiots want to pay another $125k over, I would take their money all day long. If you want a P then get a GT3, personally if I had that dough I would head over to Lambo or Ferrari.

Good luck with your journey.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:41 PM
WAG27 is on a distinguished road
If you are concerned about re sale at all, it is a simple choice. The Huracan will be worth $80k one day, just like the Gallardo. It will be built for the next 10 years with little changed. Then an SL and 10 other "special" models will come and your "old" base Huracan will be worthless. I love the Huracan, have a Superleggera and love it, but purchased that 3k mile car for 150k under sticker! The Huracan will tank in value like any other car. The RS will be, well an RS. We all know the history there.

I know re sale is not important to everyone though. If not, then I dont know what I would choose. Good luck.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:50 AM
rave426 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blake1125
Hello, I have a firm configured build for an RS, due in March 2016. I am purchasing the car at MSRP, so if I believe the hype in market, probably a little equity in it as I drive it off the lot. I have owned other Porsche GT/RS cars and historically havent deviated from the brand.

Realizing I am in a Porsche forum and expecting loyalty to the brand, I wanted to see if others had an opinion on the RS vs. Huracan. Has anyone owned or driven both? Based on a suggestion from a friend I visited my local dealer and was able to drive one. I was blown away with the sense of experience and drama. The V10 is spectacular and of course it has super car looks, etc.

My RS may see some DE trackdays but otherwise, I am more of a weekend/fair weather twisty roads, canyon carving, cars and coffee type. Honestly for the same $, the Huracan is tugging on me. I am debating just handing my RS allocation back to the dealer, or waiting, taking it, then selling for a small $profit to put towards the Huracan. Alternatively, I could just buy the Huracan tomorrow :-). RS will cost a bit less ($205k vs. $245k) and probably hold value a lot better.

Bottom line I am in a quandry here and wondered if anyone else considered a Huracan. The car gets really great reviews, reliability should be better than ever with the German guts, and I think it is a "value" in the supercar category...

The RS is a monster, but I don't think its fairs with the Huracan in terms of speed and overall exotic drama. I drove a Huracan in Italy this summer and was blown away with the styling and engine. Just so lustworthy. On the flip side, the RS will def hold resale value better. Dont let the market fool you though, those cars are not appreciating and wont appreciate for some time. Its all supply/demand hype until the next GT3 arrives in 2017.

BTW..there is a RWD Huracan that was just release and starts around 200k. Yea...I'd be all over that.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
I think I would flip the RS

Old 12-04-2015, 07:36 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Personally I'd flip the RS all day long if you could really sell it for 100+ over msrp. Then get the Lambo.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:08 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
love all the "flippers" but yet dealers get flamed for it. Customer does it and its capitalism but the dealer does it and he is a thief with bad customer service, meanwhile 1 invested millions in a franchise,building, inventory etc and the other didn't invest in anything

Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
The Huracan is an amazing car. The only plus to the gt3 rs is that it is limited.

The Lambo is a 600 horsepower monster. I also have a gt3 rs on order, and i own 12c mac.

It's really hard to compare these cars. You won't get the speed of the Lambo if you buy the rs.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
OP...What would i do? Given the current market for the RS, it would make sense to purchase it at MSRP and simply sell it immediately for a nice profit. Go purchase the Huracan and enjoy it for all it will offer. When you need to fulfill your track day needs, simply rent a vehicle and have at it, then get back into your Huracan.

Can you wait until March? That's where it gets a little slippery...how long can you wait?

FWIW, I believe the Huracan will provide significant excitement on the street compared to the RS. It is tremendously fun to drive, more exciting to look at and IMO humble opinion has the X factor you can't get from a Porsche until you're in a 918 or CGT.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:44 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by blake1125

So I just saw this post. OP - what have you decided?

Old 12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PSTT07
OP...What would i do? Given the current market for the RS, it would make sense to purchase it at MSRP and simply sell it immediately for a nice profit. Go purchase the Huracan and enjoy it for all it will offer. When you need to fulfill your track day needs, simply rent a vehicle and have at it, then get back into your Huracan.

Can you wait until March? That's where it gets a little slippery...how long can you wait?

FWIW, I believe the Huracan will provide significant excitement on the street compared to the RS. It is tremendously fun to drive, more exciting to look at and IMO humble opinion has the X factor you can't get from a Porsche until you're in a 918 or CGT.
If you want to be noticed, the Huracan does have the X factor. To 95% of the population, a 911 is a 911.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:44 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
love all the "flippers" but yet dealers get flamed for it. Customer does it and its capitalism but the dealer does it and he is a thief with bad customer service, meanwhile 1 invested millions in a franchise,building, inventory etc and the other didn't invest in anything
Cars are built for customers not dealers, they make money on all new cars sold and bonuses on numbers and customer service surveys- most money comes from spare parts, servicings and options sold with the cars. They should honor customer orders first and foremost and not look to make a killing and burn customers. It is very poor business practice and Porsche GmB should stamp it out.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Buy the Huracan now, but don't tell the Porsche dealer.

When your RS arrives, but it then immediately put it on consignment sale at the dealer. Within a couple days they'll sell if for $X over sticker and you'll make a nice profit.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:30 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Buy the Huracan now, but don't tell the Porsche dealer.

When your RS arrives, but it then immediately put it on consignment sale at the dealer. Within a couple days they'll sell if for $X over sticker and you'll make a nice profit.

+1 on this, but I would use the profit and buy a non RS GT3 for track duty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 RS vs. Huracan