Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Inxidious is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Exhaust for a 997 GT2

Just got a GT2 - wondering what kind of upgrades would be best for it

Old 02-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
We offer a full exhaust line that produces some substantial gains!

997 GT2 - Product Line

Old 03-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Best exhaust all depends on your goals with the car.. but we would be glad to assist with most any brand!

Old 05-11-2017, 03:06 PM
juanpablo046 is infamous around these partsjuanpablo046 is infamous around these partsjuanpablo046 is infamous around these parts
We will be installing this system next week, I will keep you posted

Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by juanpablo046
We will be installing this system next week, I will keep you posted

Akrapovic stuff is super nice but very costly.

How about a custom system instead...?

It will probably cost half as much!

Old 05-18-2017, 11:03 AM
juanpablo046 is infamous around these partsjuanpablo046 is infamous around these partsjuanpablo046 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
Akrapovic stuff is super nice but very costly.

How about a custom system instead...?

It will probably cost half as much!
depends on what you want. If more "noise" is enough for you then go and use just a custom by-pass. A full system like this takes a lot of development and is something way beyond just more db.

At least for me is important to have an exhaust as reliable as the stock one, good for the life of the car and good to be used in real life, minimum drone possible, etc.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
depends on what you want. If more "noise" is enough for you then go and use just a custom by-pass. A full system like this takes a lot of development and is something way beyond just more db.

At least for me is important to have an exhaust as reliable as the stock one, good for the life of the car and good to be used in real life, minimum drone possible, etc.

It's not just about "noise"!! I didn't say anything about a "custom bypass"...
I am willing to bet my custom, 3.5" all the way through system flows better than that thing(less back pressure), all stainless steel tubing, including the cats and Burns straight through mufflers, weighs less unless that thing is titanium, makes more power\torque and cost a lot less. It might be a bit louder but that can be adjusted with a couple of cones to be 2-4 decibels quieter while still making more power. Btw, it most likely hangs higher than that which looks like a huge stereo box. Mine tucks in nicely. Mind you, I really like Akrapovic stuff. Very high quality. I'm just a cheap bastard who knows a thing or two to save a lot of ��by building or get stuff built.
Stock system is a boat anchor‼️ Shaving a lot of that weight from the very back of the car makes a huge difference how the car drives\handles.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 PM
It's not just about "noise"!! I didn't say anything about a "custom bypass"...
I am willing to bet my custom, 3.5" all the way through system flows better than that thing(less back pressure), all stainless steel tubing, including the cats and Burns straight through mufflers, weighs less unless that thing is titanium, makes more power\torque and cost a lot less. It might be a bit louder but that can be adjusted with a couple of cones to be 2-4 decibels quieter while still making more power. Btw, it most likely hangs higher than that which looks like a huge stereo box. Mine tucks in nicely. Mind you, I really like Akrapovic stuff. Very high quality. I'm just a cheap bastard who knows a thing or two to save a lot of ��by building or get stuff built.
Stock system is a boat anchor‼️ Shaving a lot of that weight from the very back of the car makes a huge difference how the car drives\handles.
You have any evidence or just guessing about the flow and power numbers?

I've been where you are now, with time you will come to understand why is money well invested.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 PM
You have any evidence or just guessing about the flow and power numbers?

I've been where you are now, with time you will come to understand why is money well invested.
Well... Let's think for a second. Or two.
3.5" piping, instead of I'm guessing 3" at best on yours
Smoother bends
Better scavenging design
100 cell cats as well but bigger
Better flowing mufflers

See where I'm going with this. Here is a friendly wager. We try your exhaust and mine on a 3rd party car on the dyno and the winner keeps the other's exhaust. Nothing different than just the exhaust though. I'm pretty confident with my exhaust, how about you? Btw, we are not taking about who's exhaust is the quietest! Who's makes more power.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Well... Let's think for a second. Or two.
3.5" piping, instead of I'm guessing 3" at best on yours
Smoother bends
Better scavenging design
100 cell cats as well but bigger
Better flowing mufflers

See where I'm going with this. Here is a friendly wager. We try your exhaust and mine on a 3rd party car on the dyno and the winner keeps the other's exhaust. Nothing different than just the exhaust though. I'm pretty confident with my exhaust, how about you? Btw, we are not taking about who's exhaust is the quietest! Who's makes more power.
you sound pretty confident. Bigger is better?

im not interested just in power, wouldn't have a Porsche.

good luck

Old 05-20-2017, 12:43 PM
you sound pretty confident. Bigger is better?

im not interested just in power, wouldn't have a Porsche.

good luck
That's what she said...

Bigger is usually better. Not always but when it comes to flow and making power on a Turbo car, it might be the way to go. What do I know?

"It might be short but it's skinny" isn't going to work that good either!

Btw, I didn't realize I had a SKODA gt2... have I been duped??

Old 05-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
I just got a 2008 GT2 in January of this year and it came with some nice mods including:

EVOMS 91 Octane Stage 2 ECU Tune
RSS Engine Mounts
Sharkwerks exhaust
GT2 RS: front splitter, fender flares, and side marker lights
Stage II clutch
Rennline Rev4 adjustable gas pedal

I installed Tarret seat lowering brackets to give myself a little more headroom with the LWBS.

The car is a dream to drive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.